Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My Z was supposed to come today but it is not out for delivery so it must be "lost in postal hell". And USPS is down tomorrow to honor GHWB so I probably won't get it till Thursday, the day I can't be home.

Sigh...

Ah I'm sorry man, it'll be worth it finally arrives. Mine is beautiful

Forgive if this has been asked, but what is the difference between the splinter US, splinter Z, and the splinter V1?

@Summer isn't the new V1 what he is calling the Chinese versions with the pre-order deal? (45%off btw)

Yes, 2 holes v 4 hole? Too, please.

Just air flow, mine is a two and you can really tell that it is restricted compared to my Zion. Kind of flowers to learning curve regulating your draw a bit more, so you can still rip. The four-hole probably requires you to regulate yourself a bit more, could be better for big rippers like, but I'm sure still fine for slow sippers too.

I chose to go with the tubo software mainly for familiarity. Having only minimal experience so far, it does seem like power mode performs fantastic while TC is going to take some figuring out... I do think a DNA mod would be better for that so I will have to invest at some point

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey, it will get here.
I thought about the 4 hole as much of my home vaping is through water, but Ryan made the decision for me by making a 2 hole available. :p The Zion is still my fav so I may miss more airflow, but we'll see how restricted it is.
My birthday is Friday so I should have it before that. It IS a birthday present to myself anyway. :rolleyes:
If a neighbor hasn't stolen it it should be waiting for me when I get home Thursday. I am also hoping it doesn't drive me to getting a better mod as the automation possible with the DNA chips is attractive...

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey, it will get here.
I thought about the 4 hole as much of my home vaping is through water, but Ryan made the decision for me by making a 2 hole available. :p The Zion is still my fav so I may miss more airflow, but we'll see how restricted it is.
My birthday is Friday so I should have it before that. It IS a birthday present to myself anyway. :rolleyes:
If a neighbor hasn't stolen it it should be waiting for me when I get home Thursday. I am also hoping it doesn't drive me to getting a better mod as the automation possible with the DNA chips is attractive...
I prefer my 2 hole Z to my Zion fwiw

@Summer my go to method lately for splinters is temp control cruise mode. Preheat 30-45secs, throw it on water and get the most consistently fat rips I've ever gotten. It's some of the best performance I've gotten out of a vaporizer. I don't use it as a session vape though, just a longer heatup version of the on demand Splinter essentially. Turns it into a log for a hit or 2.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Got my second Splinter yesterday, a Bubinga two hole. Love the addition to my OG first run walnut. A Bubinga two hole Z is in the mail, so I’m psyched for that. Plus, I pre-ordered a V1 from the promotion. I’ll have a Splinter for on the go and one for each level of the townhouse. How’s that for rationalizing?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just checked the website & there's the 2-hole Wenge & Bubinga Zs available as well as Lacewood Z, but doesn't say how many holes.

@Summer isn't the new V1 what he is calling the Chinese versions with the pre-order deal? (45%off btw)

Yes! Thank you for bringing this to the forefront.

Just air flow, mine is a two and you can really tell that it is restricted compared to my Zion. The four-hole probably requires you to regulate yourself a bit more, could be better for big rippers like, but I'm sure still fine for slow sippers too.
The only members who seem to have problems with getting vapor are those who use the 4-hole dry. They say they feel the effects, but only get wispy vapor, so I don't know how good it would be for sipping. Ryan himself says it's really meant for high temp water rips. And yet, in the last couple of streams I watched, Ryan was using the 4-hole Splinter w/ the Wismec Reuleaux Gen 3 in straight wattage at a surprising low 17-18 watts through water with cruise engaged through his whole vaping session. He mentioned the coil resistance holding @ over .3, & .31 - .313 is where you get good vapor production. I think he's using sur_myevic. Next stream I catch, I'll ask.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

The only members who seem to have problems with getting vapor are those who use the 4-hole dry. They say they feel the effects, but only wispy vapor, so I don't know how good it would be for sipping.

That is not my experience at all with my 4 hole Z. Wispy vapor is not happening and I've never used it on water and I mix it up between sipping and ripping. :shrug:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@SloJimFizz, not you & the majority of users. I just mentioned my observation that the ones who have had problems producing vapor have the 4-hole Splinter or Z.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Snacks, do you have the link for the discount on the V1?

Also, are there mods in the field which allows for a recessed Z, minimizing its form factor.

TIA

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Snacks, do you have the link for the discount on the V1?

Also, are there mods in the field which allows for a recessed Z, minimizing its form factor.

TIA

Use the code "Darkside" I believe, according to Instagram.

I also don't think a mod like that exists yet, no matter what its going to be a tall apparatus unless a side by side mod with wide berth becomes available some day

Alexis

Yeah I hope you get it safely in your hands well in time. I don't know how you folks over there live with that mailbox system. Man I'd be so paranoid about getting home for my new vape, never knowing for sure if anyone decided to pilfer it.

Here we get it left with a neighbour, so we can always at least go and kick their door down armed with a baseball bat! :D

Tang Tonic

I need some help please! Been a longtime user of an Underdog. Love it but my VPPs died so I’m looking for something new. Will one of these compare or exceed my experience with the UD? Strictly flowers for me.

I know very little about all this box mod stuff. A little overwhelming and I like simplicity.

First question. Should I go with a splinter Z or this new V1 that hasn’t been released yet?

Second question, DNA mod the way to go? If so, where should I buy it and what other things will I need. Batteries, charger etc?

I guess that’s it for now. I mostly Vape at home so I’m still not sure if this is a wise purchase. I sure love my UD but the glowing reviews of the RBT products make me want to get one!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AJS

Calm Consistency
What settings do you use for good temp control with the Tubo software on your Z @AJS my man? Glad I could finally join you here with my own Splinter!
Hey friend, been a while. Glad to see you with a Splinter.
Currently none with the Z as it's lent to a friend, will have back soon and experiment to replicate my results I've had with the OG Splinter.
___

I need some help please! Been a longtime user of an Underdog. Love it but my VPPs died so I’m looking for something new. Will one of these compare or exceed my experience with the UD? Strictly flowers for me.

I know very little about all this box mod stuff. A little overwhelming and I like simplicity.

First question. Should I go with a splinter Z or this new V1 that hasn’t been released yet?

Second question, DNA mod the way to go? If so, where should I buy it and what other things will I need. Batteries, charger etc?

I guess that’s it for now. I mostly Vape at home so I’m still not sure if this is a wise purchase. I sure love my UD but the glowing reviews of the RBT products make me want to get one!

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Deep breaths,
Splinter Z has the larger Zion heater, it is overall a better unit.
DNA mods are good, but not necessary. I have some $45 mod my brother bought me. I used some shitty mode that I gave to a friend and he loves it for his Splinter. Really anything will work.
You'll need a charger for the batteries, most people do a nitcore I2, D2, I4, or D4. All the same, the D's just have more features. You'll need batteries for your mod.
Edit: I suppose you don't need a charger, could use the built in one.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Would the Wismec Reuleaux RX300 be a decent choice

Mine was essentially worthless. The Rx300 would drain one of the cells so unevenly and so totally that within 1/2 day of vaping (on and off ) the mod said it was out of balance and then the 4 matched batteries needed recharge while, in reality 3 of the 4 cells had sufficient power, but the 4th was empty.

This also happened even with the mod turned off.

cjang

Hey guys--

I just got my Z and am using it with a 1 cell DNA mod (Lost Vape Mirage). It's taking way too long to reach temp in VW mode at around 30W. We're talking like 40s until any vapor. I've tried higher wattages, but I don't reach temp quickly (again, around 20s). I need to refire because I hit the puff timelimit. I can obviously change the time, but is this normal behavior? Not sure what is going on.

I've tried using the profiles here, and I'm pretty much getting the same result. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

cjang,

Spelaeus

Mine was essentially worthless. The Rx300 would drain one of the cells so unevenly and so totally that within 1/2 day of vaping (on and off ) the mod said it was out of balance and then the 4 matched batteries needed recharge while, in reality 3 of the 4 cells had sufficient power, but the 4th was empty.

This also happened even with the mod turned off.

Ah well, I ended up ordering yesterday. I guess we'll see how it works out, the thing was only ~$22 if it ends up being junk.

Spelaeus,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah can't say it enough! A lot of fake eLeaf and Joyetech mods around, even on fasttech if the product title lacks the "authentic" word or if it contains the word "styled". Fakes on gearbest, aliexpress etc. I assume Wismec too, but for the two others I'm 100% sure.

And for cells it's even worse. Only get them from reputed sources! No amazon, ebay or worse. Thank you for your attention, you may now return to your scheduled program! :cool:

Shit Snacks

So its been working great in power mode, had an amazing temp step session with a friend last night going from 33watts to 41 by twos before finishing on 45 and 48. Perfect extraction, super even (I did stir but didn't have to I think) with taste never becoming too poor. Really outstanding and impressive, truly an evolution from Zion reminding me if my old beta honeymoon, such perfect performance! And the cooling stem is great too, didn't even need to drink water right away.

hx4ris.jpg

I can see why temp control would not be necessary but is probably really cool! I'll get a better mod for it eventually

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hey guys--

I just got my Z and am using it with a 1 cell DNA mod (Lost Vape Mirage). It's taking way too long to reach temp in VW mode at around 30W. We're talking like 40s until any vapor. I've tried higher wattages, but I don't reach temp quickly (again, around 20s). I need to refire because I hit the puff timelimit. I can obviously change the time, but is this normal behavior? Not sure what is going on.

I've tried using the profiles here, and I'm pretty much getting the same result. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I'm not an expert by any means, but there's nothing wrong with a 20 - 30 sec preheat or raise your temp higher & do a shorter preheat & then reduce your wattage. You gotta play around with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom