Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have a Lost Vape Therion DNA 166 for my OG Splinter...great mod. Not cheap, but great quality! I took advantage of the 30% off and picked up a Bubinga 2-hole. I really love my OG, it’s right up there with my Vapcaps at the top of the rotation. So fucking efficient. I can often get between 15 and 20 nice hits off of .15 loads. And the two battery Therion will go all evening.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ha ha, how odd. USPS says they are awaiting my Splinter Z to be dropped off at the Somerville TN post office. That is some distance from upstate New York. Is Stephanie in Tennessee or is USPS just goofy today?

Pre Stephanie RBT said shipments were on Monday only. Is that still the case?

cybrguy,

buddingglasshead

Ha ha, how odd. USPS says they are awaiting my Splinter Z to be dropped off at the Somerville TN post office. That is some distance from upstate New York. Is Stephanie in Tennessee or is USPS just goofy today?

Pre Stephanie RBT said shipments were on Monday only. Is that still the case?

Steph is from TN it seems. That's where my shipped from as well and it shipped same day on Tuesday. Got it Thursday and has been my goto since.

I like the way the Lost Vape Triade DNA250c looks with it. I wish the Paranormal didn't have overhang with the Splinters. It would look so good if it was just a bit thicker. Oh well. battery for days with the Triade. :p

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really haven't wanted to spend a lot of $$ on a mod so I went with the RX2/3 when I got my Splinter. I kinda wish I had spent a little more and gotten something with a DNA chip as it really seems to make a difference with these RBT devices, but after ordering the Z I am tapped out for now.
The RX has plenty of power, it just doesn't lend itself to anything other than wattage mode. Time will tell whether I have to upgrade or not. I guess "have to" is a floating concept...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I will have to get a DNA model eventually but can't spend more money for a while so hopefully these nice ones will be even cheaper by the time I'm ready. Ended up getting a cuboid and cuboid mini to play around with using tubo software for now...

I think Stephanie said my Z would go out today yesterday, but I never got any tracking info I don't think. All good we shall see, these mods are taking their sweet ass time shipping anyway...

Shit Snacks,

enjiatt

I ordered Wednesday night 11/28, Got tracking 11/29 , tracking says it should be here today. That was much faster than I expected. :clap::clap:

enjiatt,
Reactions: Summer

nachooo

I really haven't wanted to spend a lot of $$ on a mod so I went with the RX2/3 when I got my Splinter. I kinda wish I had spent a little more and gotten something with a DNA chip as it really seems to make a difference with these RBT devices, but after ordering the Z I am tapped out for now.
The RX has plenty of power, it just doesn't lend itself to anything other than wattage mode. Time will tell whether I have to upgrade or not. I guess "have to" is a floating concept...
I am very happy with my Z and the RX2/3...After some initial adjustements I have found my sweet spot at 190-200 TCR using the milana glass cool mouthpiece. Fantastic flavour and nice clouds… I understand that this is not a device easy for everyone...and if you change one factor...the way you grind, the lenght of mouthpiece, the way you draw… the humidity of the product, etc..you have to change the settings a Little..but when you learn this, it becomes a awesome vaporizer...my only concern is that it eats battery like an induction heater….and with heavy use I am always recharging batteries

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
my only concern is that it eats battery like an induction heater….and with heavy use I am always recharging batteries

With more experience you'll learn how to ride the residual heat down better, which saves a lot of energy compared to keeping the trigger depressed the whole draw. You'll also probably realize that you can lower your Power (Watts) setting too while retaining the same performance.

Should help with battery life. Then you can either buy a lot of cells to always have ready ones, or invest in a good fast charger to reduce the time it takes to recharge.

nachooo

With more experience you'll learn how to ride the residual heat down better, which saves a lot of energy compared to keeping the trigger depressed the whole draw. You'll also probably realize that you can lower your Power (Watts) setting too while retaining the same performance.

Should help with battery life. Then you can either buy a lot of cells to always have ready ones, or invest in a good fast charger to reduce the time it takes to recharge.
Yes, I try to save batteries life…also put 50 watts limitation in TCR mode, but I am such a heavy user, that I think I am gonna go the fast charger route...I wish the wismec could recharge batteries as quick as my cellphone….

nachooo,
Reactions: KeroZen

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think Stephanie said my Z would go out today yesterday, but I never got any tracking info I don't think. All good we shall see, these mods are taking their sweet ass time shipping anyway...
Well, mine, which I ordered minutes after seeing your post that you had ordered, is on it's way and USPS thinks it will get here Tuesday. :cool::wave: I always have USPS update me by text on my phone. Because I can. :)

The email from RBT titled "Your order has shipped" should have tracking info.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, mine, which I ordered minutes after seeing your post that you had ordered, is on it's way and USPS thinks it will get here Tuesday. :cool::wave: I always have USPS update me by text on my phone. Because I can. :)

The email from RBT titled "Your order has shipped" should have tracking info.

Yeah never got that email lol just order confirmation. Oh well I'm sure its fine, but this isn't a shipping thread! :p whoops

Summer

Long Island, NY
Ryan does a burnoff prior to sending out units, but if you feel more secure doing one, here's how:

"Instructions on how to burn-in your Splinter
Place the unit on a mod box capable of producing 70 watts
Place a clean mouthpiece with no screen or product in the splinter
gently blow into the mouthpiece as your fire the mod at 70 watts for 10 - 15 seconds
Continue to blow into the unit for another 10-15 seconds to cool the heater and clear any volatilizes from the heater chamber
You will detect some odor and/or see some smoke / vapor as any contaminants burn off
Repeat the process 2-3 times with one at least 3 minutes between successive firings
Allow the unit to cool and resume use - Please allow 4 - 5 sessions for any odor or taste to mitigate"
-RastaBuddhaTao"

enjiatt

Not too bad so far

The non standardized glass is a little frustrating. DDave stems, my ebay stems, nothing :-( . Oh well I have a short stem and a long stem. I personally don't see myself ever using the short stem (gets too hot).

I used some rimmed baskets with the long stem and got pretty good results. Im vaping at 42w which for me (Battery wise) isn't preferable. Im still thinking 42w is still too light for me. Maybe 45w is the sweet spot for me.

I seem to always spill herb when I try to stir. Wondering if that is the rim basket...... I will try the included baskets tomorrow.

Any tips in regards to stems?

enjiatt,
Reactions: KeroZen

wilky

i bought a xl8r stem but dont use it,i prefer vapefiends cooler it works so much better.

wilky,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I have several of the 420edc stems and gong adaptors for my 19/22 splinter. They are well made for the price. Im using a 18/14 gong is my go to at the moment. Much cooler vapor then the included short stem.

Easywider,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Easywider, 420edc says that they're 1/2" top hats are not compatible with the 19/22 joints. Just sent them an email to find out why. What top hats or screen are you using?

Summer,

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Summer im using some 1/2 top hats I grabbed from amazon. I inoticed EDC stems mentioned that, They work for me. Also I have the glass screen stem that’s meant for the edc glass capsuls. They also say not compatible but I use the top hats with no issues. I even grabbed some discount stems they had on clearence as the inner diameter was too large. I was going to try and use them with concentrate pads but I was able to squish the top hats a bit and make them fit without much fuss.

Easywider,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The non standardized glass is a little frustrating.
I don't have my Splinter Z yet, but my understanding is that they are 19/22mm. If that is the case they ARE a standard, just not a European or ISO standard. They are a US standard and are available from many sources. The 19/19 size that the newer Splinters use is non-standard but not the Splinter Z 19/22 joints. The 19/22 are what all the previous RBT products used (Zion and Milaana and the earlier Splinters) and I find most of the Chinese adapters I have gotten from Dhgate also use. They may be a little harder to find than 19/26 (the ISO standard), but they are out in the wild.
@Oregonglassblower is a good source for 22mm stems/adapters as well. He will make anything you ask him to make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom