Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickmanfraud

I still so desperately want a Custom Purple Heart Splinter Z with the thick glass (preferably German if it can still be sourced)...

Keep checking the RBT website.

It may be possible to reserve your Custom Purpleheart Z (I have one) or they may let you pre-pay and reserve it that way.

Contact Ryan or Cole to see if they will take you money in advance.

Bumping Spheda

Ngvv5lZmVfgQ2MsaA1hs2cGcUxGt7bwOAN4jAntRZzZjdOXNPcGI9Rcejpd9ZSwMDOoOLu9rXU1VH61z--mzEjv5kRLOMSycHr0sG0Crwa_6vvQpiU7kUoqi2DPlDJoapeJ9rzuWcw=w2400

Splinter Z V2
Lost Vape Triade DNA250C
.38 Ohm
TCR value of 137
Temp set to 420
50W

Preheat for 5 sec, slow draw for 3 sec, fast draw til no more vapor. Stir, repeat once, and cached. Hits hard af, imo. Interested in the Tera and G43... :uhoh:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I do it all the time. When I get any of my vapes warm, I’ve got my beeswax/mineral oil mix ready to go. It’s almost therapy for me...
I had the splinter for 4 months and never waxed. Will it be damaged?

TiSteamo,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@LAWTHEONE and @Logic the US Z's are back in stock... along with new glass. There are around 100 or so left that will be built in the next few months along with the last of the Mi2.

Live IG @RastaBuddhaTao update talks about changes to the Biz model, CS and warranty improvements, Mi3, Seed, and www store deals. Please subscribe to the news letter on the www for all the latest news and deals.

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
@LAWTHEONE and @Logic the US Z's are back in stock... along with new glass. There are around 100 or so left that will be built in the next few months along with the last of the Mi2.

Live IG @RastaBuddhaTao update talks about changes to the Biz model, CS and warranty improvements, Mi3, Seed, and www store deals. Please subscribe to the news letter on the www for all the latest news and deals.

Hi Ryan! Are these last Mi2's taken, or will they also be offered at some point on your website?

sickmanfraud

Ryan,

Will there be any custom US Splinters? Are you making any US Xl8r stems? Or Drydrotubes?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: eideal852

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY

Well now I am and official US Splinter Z owner!!! Super excited can’t wait to receive this one!!!!

Thanks Ryan!

Bumping Spheda

Has there ever been an even semi-official poll on what mode people use with their Z's, as in wattage or TC?
.38 Ohm
TCR value of 137
Temp set to 420
50W
Set TCR down 1 to 136, upped wattage to 55W (just want to see what a little extra oomph can do), all else remained the same. I'm kind of liking the change, it keeps up with harder draws and I get a more even abv that isn't quite as roasted in the middle. Kind of strange though. I plugged my Splinter Z into mod and ran it in Wattage mode for a sec just to mess with it and see what others are dealing with (I much prefer TC). But when I did this my Splinter read at .365 Ohms. Weird, because when new I locked the resistance at room temp at .38 Ohms. I guess the resistance has gone down? Does that mean degradation of the heater element? I should probably reset my resistance for my Splinter profile, huh? (Idk why I'd do that, though, it's working fine)

Last edited:
Bumping Spheda,

LAWTHEONE

Quick question. I have a RX 300 4 battery mod from Wismec. I also have a a Voopoo drag. Will I be able to utilize my Splinter Z with one of these mods?

sickmanfraud

Quick question. I have a RX 300 4 battery mod from Wismec. I also have a a Voopoo drag. Will I be able to utilize my Splinter Z with one of these mods?

More than a couple of us have had a problem with the RX 300 eating batteries whether on or not. If yours works well than it should be fine for a Splinter Z.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: eideal852

Mangu

You can use it with any mod. Just preferable to operate within 25-55 watts or so. Anything less than 25 might be frustrating, but anything over 60 watts is overkill. Other than that you can use any mod.

Has there ever been an even semi-official poll on what mode people use with their Z's, as in wattage or TC?

Set TCR down 1 to 136, upped wattage to 55W (just want to see what a little extra oomph can do), all else remained the same. I'm kind of liking the change, it keeps up with harder draws and I get a more even abv that isn't quite as roasted in the middle. Kind of strange though. I plugged my Splinter Z into mod and ran it in Wattage mode for a sec just to mess with it and see what others are dealing with (I much prefer TC). But when I did this my Splinter read at .365 Ohms. Weird, because when new I locked the resistance at room temp at .38 Ohms. I guess the resistance has gone down? Does that mean degradation of the heater element? I should probably reset my resistance for my Splinter profile, huh? (Idk why I'd do that, though, it's working fine)

There’s definitely been an endless amount of back and forth on the topic :whoa: the fact is that RBT does not officially support use of TC modes, they instruct customers to use wattage mode. Many people have been savvy enough to set their splinter up with a TC mode and have had good success, but it’s not the standard and mostly all units work fine in wattage settings. Seems like you’re having a good time tampering with your settings so don’t worry about whether it aligns with everyone else’s use....because dang these things are so customizable for each user.

Last edited:

Bumping Spheda

I actually fiddled with my settings again. Lowered my TCR a lot, all the way down to 120. Resistance still locked at .38, temp still 420, but wattage at 56W. I don't have a grinder so what I've been doing is packing a gigantic, completely unbroken nug into the Splinter bowl (weighs anywhere from .8 to .15). I preheat for 5 seconds, then slow draw for maybe 10 seconds. This evaporates a lot of the water content in the bud and makes it a lot crispier. I take the nug out of the basket and crush it into a fine powder with my fingers and repack the bowl with this tamping down lightly. I tamp the very edges of the bowl down harder to make a dome shape with the bud where it sticks out more at the center. This gets more even avb on the circumference of the bowl. I preheat for 5 and slow draw for a second hit, as it milks up I increase draw speed but don't overload the coil. I cache the bowl in one hit. Pretty potent. I'm liking this. I think I'll settle with these settings for a little while, the avb is a good color, still not perfect airflow for one draw knockouts, though, there's light stuff at the edges sometimes. The Splinter begs to be stirred at least once, ime. Still, I don't feel I'm wasting much, and it's very newb friendly now, imo. At lower wattages in Wattage mode you really need to know what you're doing to get a proper hit, imo, you can't pass it to a friend and say, "Hit this." Proper TC requires little explanation, perhaps just mention to draw slowly.

Last edited:

Bumping Spheda

Just combusted for the first time with my previous settings, was really rippin' it (my old settings would not work for cruise control, I have a DNA C so I have to feather the power button a little which means slower draws, ime). Anyways, I turned TCR down to 115, bumped wattage back down to 50W, temp 420F, .38 Ohms. Still rips. Pics of AVB after 2 hits and a stir:

Right after the second hit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f--ito3fZKjhAWoydGEFH_muoFWVOvQb/view?usp=sharing

After a second stir:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1br6WZXJiWksDQuqTP1touJYWBrEKRMNT/view?usp=sharing

I hit it again, buds got darker, not really any vapor, wasn't worth hitting, imo, just wanted to test it out 'cause I thought I saw some green.

Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just combusted for the first time with my previous settings, was really rippin' it (my old settings would not work for cruise control, I have a DNA C so I have to feather the power button a little which means slower draws, ime). Anyways, I turned TCR down to 115, bumped wattage back down to 50W, temp 420F, .38 Ohms. Still rips. Pics of AVB after 2 hits and a stir:

Right after the second hit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f--ito3fZKjhAWoydGEFH_muoFWVOvQb/view?usp=sharing

After a second stir:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1br6WZXJiWksDQuqTP1touJYWBrEKRMNT/view?usp=sharing

I hit it again, buds got darker, not really any vapor, wasn't worth hitting, imo, just wanted to test it out 'cause I thought I saw some green.
Are you running the Herbie ecigprofile? You can up the puff timer to 20s in escribe too and not have to repress the fire button. It's a bit hidden, you have to turn on like a developer mode in escribe before the tab with the relevant setting is visible.

Bumping Spheda

Are you running the Herbie ecigprofile? You can up the puff timer to 20s in escribe too and not have to repress the fire button. It's a bit hidden, you have to turn on like a developer mode in escribe before the tab with the relevant setting is visible.
I think I downloaded the Herbie ecig profile and loaded it, I used that as a jumping board to do my own thing. Pretty sure all my settings are custom. The ecig profile was just wattage and punch and stuff, right?

I heard you could up the puff timer all the way up to 40 seconds. I put 40sec into the puff timer field (didn't have to turn on developer mode to find it) and it auto-adjusted to 30sec I believe, but for some reason it just doesn't fire for that long, ime, I have to feather it ever 5-10 seconds it seems.

Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I think I downloaded the Herbie ecig profile and loaded it, I used that as a jumping board to do my own thing. Pretty sure all my settings are custom. The ecig profile was just wattage and punch and stuff, right?

I heard you could up the puff timer all the way up to 40 seconds. I put 40sec into the puff timer field (didn't have to turn on developer mode to find it) and it auto-adjusted to 30sec I believe, but for some reason it just doesn't fire for that long, ime, I have to feather it ever 5-10 seconds it seems.
Yeah, if I remember correctly the more prominent escribe timer setting will look like it changes the puff timer but for me it was in red on the mod I think and didn't actually go longer than ten seconds. I'll see if I can find the last post where I reminded someone how to change it.

I also recommend installing Frank's Theme if you haven't already. It's a smarter layout than the escribe default.

LAWTHEONE

Can the Tubo bent stem fit the Splinter Z?

Thanks to everyone who helped with my mod questions!

LAWTHEONE,

LAWTHEONE

Depends on the Splinter Z. Older ones used the shorter 19/19 fitting, newer ones use standard 19/22 fitting which Tubo also uses.
Just ordered the Z off RastaBuddhaTao site so I’m guessing it’s the newer one. Looking for the best cooling stem available.

Thanks

LAWTHEONE,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom