Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

eideal852

Again. Never have I said Chinese=bad. And I only mentioned it in response to the xl8r question because in regards to rbt, the differentiation by ryan has been that the German glass *that he has used* previously is superior to the Chinese glass that is used for the v1/v2 and newer xl8r stems.

EDIT: also also anyone who would like to trade any US splinters for any chinese splinters, hit me uppppp!

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The smoked glass XLR8 seem to be thicker (they are heavier) which is supposed to cool the vapor better.
Yeah, I have an old thick custom XL8R from before Ryan stopped doing them and it's noticeably better than the thinner clear ones he had manufactured later.

I have quite a few Splinters and my custom bubinga Z is still the best for flavor and even avb.
Might have to spring for a pair of the grey cooling stems.

Last edited:

almost there

I keep putting a PH in the cart and taking it out. Desire has a powerful pull, but unfortunately it can't raise bank balances.
I have got to the only person here that's indifferent to PH. My first Z is PH and I got it because it was the only wood available at the time and I was getting impatient. It's very pretty by all means but my OCD wouldn't allow me to use it in daylight so I only ever use it in the dark hours. It was getting hard to tell if I owned the Z or the Z owned me:lol:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't own anything PH, but I love the color in photos. My Z is Canary and my Splinter is Walnut (I think). I would get the PH for some more variety. So far I mostly vape at home, but if I do it out it's usually a VapCap or someone else's device.

I have been turning down passed joints for a few years now. I'm not antisocial, honest... ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't own anything PH, but I love the color in photos. My Z is Canary and my Splinter is Walnut (I think). I would get the PH for some more variety. So far I mostly vape at home, but if I do it out it's usually a VapCap or someone else's device.

I have been turning down passed joints for a few years now. I'm not antisocial, honest... ;)

Yeah I keep contemplating a backup PH for my Canary Z, but cannot justify paying more now than I did then (almost a year ago now?) because of other recent/impending purchases... Hope these aren't the last of the US Custom Z!

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Let me understand a thing, guys! In wattage mode it is not recommended to exceed 35W but in TCR mode you can even reach 50W? >>>:hmm:<<<

TiSteamo,

Hippie

In temp control mode the wattage is dynamic and changes to maintain the temp so the wattage setting in TC mode is the maximum wattage that you want the mod will deliver to achieve that.

I think rbt recommends not going over 45w max for the Splinter and 50w max for the Zed

almost there

I think I posted this in the main Splinter thread when someone else was talking about concentrates, but I mentioned using my Z as high as 65 Watts for quick sugar or sauce hits through water. No problems at all!
I've seen Ryan vaped a stem at 100 watts. According to him your material will combust long before your unit gets damaged but please don't try it anyone.

sickmanfraud

I really don't see why the origin of the glass is constantly mentioned. There is thick glass and thinner glass. That's the crux of the matter; the fact that one comes from Germany and the other from China is irrelevant. The thickness is what makes the difference, and adding the origin smacks of racism.

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. The Splinters manufactured in China had thinner glass than the vapes made by RBT the description/designation was started by RBT himself I believe. Commenting that the glass on the Chinese Splinters was thinner does not make you Archie Bunker.

I am not attempting to disparage China (I am one of the biggest supporters of sites like Fasttech and Aliexpress.

Is it racist to say that if a person was to come down with a serious illness that they would rather be in LA or NYC than a third world country with a less advanced medical system?

I have quite a few Splinters and my custom bubinga Z is still the best for flavor and even avb.
Might have to spring for a pair of the grey cooling stems.

While Ryan has them on sale for $29 they are an especially worthwhile purchase.

Stoned Llama

Hey I got my splinter in may and have broken 5 stems already. Are there wood stems on european stores?

Stoned Llama,

Hippie

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
IMG-20190907-225258781.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. The Splinters manufactured in China had thinner glass than the vapes made by RBT the description/designation was started by RBT himself I believe. Commenting that the glass on the Chinese Splinters was thinner does not make you Archie Bunker.

Then we will have to disagree. Strongly.

I have said this once before and I will not say it again: this is not the topic. Further discussion of this point will result in deleted posts.

pakalolo,

Jayvape

I recently got a splinter v1 and a splinter z v2. I installed myevic firmware on my rx gen 3 dual mod and set up tcr mode using sneaky pete's video. Tcr works great with the splinter but when using the splinter z the temperature reads either between 10 and 50 degrees or 900+ degrees. I found I can use the splinter z in tc mode and it works better, but when using tc mode I often get the message atomizer low. Has anyone else had this issue or know a solution? Those that have a Z and use the myevic firmware on the rex gen 3, how do you use your Z?

Jayvape,

Bumping Spheda

I recently got a splinter v1 and a splinter z v2. I installed myevic firmware on my rx gen 3 dual mod and set up tcr mode using sneaky pete's video. Tcr works great with the splinter but when using the splinter z the temperature reads either between 10 and 50 degrees or 900+ degrees. I found I can use the splinter z in tc mode and it works better, but when using tc mode I often get the message atomizer low. Has anyone else had this issue or know a solution? Those that have a Z and use the myevic firmware on the rex gen 3, how do you use your Z?
I got atomizer low a few times. I unscrewed my Z a TINY bit from my mod and it fixed it for me. Generally you want to clean the 510 contact on your mod with some alcohol and a Q-tip, I believe.

Bumping Spheda,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom