Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I was able to do a case thermal analysis on my VT75c and apply those settings, but even with that and the custom profile, I’m still getting meager vapor on TC. Now big clouds aren’t my goal, I prefer flavor the most. However, when I’m getting zero visible vapor at 380, I feel like something is off, whether that’s a setting or my draw technique.

I switched over to watts and hit it at 37.5 watts. I got plenty of clouds that way but the taste lurched into ABV territory fast. Next bowl I’ll try entirely in watts mode to see if I can control the vapor/flavor ratio more.

Regardless of all that, the high from it is fantastic. So uplifting!

Psyentist

However, when I’m getting zero visible vapor at 380, I feel like something is off, whether that’s a setting or my draw technique.

I was struggling with TC mode for a while. Could only get good results with Watt mode.

Just the other day I tried playing around with my inhale speed. Turns out I was inhaling too slowly. I’ve found you really need to get the air whistling through the holes to get it working properly.

Hope this helps.:)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I was struggling with TC mode for a while. Could only get good results with Watt mode.

Just the other day I tried playing around with my inhale speed. Turns out I was inhaling too slowly. I’ve found you really need to get the air whistling through the holes to get it working properly.

Hope this helps.:)

It does! I’ve heard to draw more slowly with the Z than some other vapes so I don’t accidentally combust, perhaps I took that directive too far.

Edit: Tried a new bowl and a stronger, faster pull definitely helped. The clouds aren’t humongous but as I said I’m not a cloud chaser anyway. Thanks!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I just ordered a Splinter Z V1 from Janemarys.ca! I started eyeing one a few weeks ago and I just had to pounce when I saw it was on sale. Blasted sales! Anything RBT is so hard to find here especially Splinter Z's.

Now I need to find a mod. Top of my list is a Lost Vape Paranormal 250C but I was also eyeing a Wisemec Reuleaux. It sounds like the Lost Vape is probably my safest choice? I need to read more, this is very foreign territory.

HerbieVonVapster

Edit: Tried a new bowl and a stronger, faster pull definitely helped. The clouds aren’t humongous but as I said I’m not a cloud chaser anyway. Thanks!

Folks reporting the experience with splinterZ as too cool might be better off with using one of these material files instead. Load it from escribe material tab.

Warm.csv

Hot.csv

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I just ordered a Splinter Z V1 from Janemarys.ca! I started eyeing one a few weeks ago and I just had to pounce when I saw it was on sale. Blasted sales! Anything RBT is so hard to find here especially Splinter Z's.

Now I need to find a mod. Top of my list is a Lost Vape Paranormal 250C but I was also eyeing a Wisemec Reuleaux. It sounds like the Lost Vape is probably my safest choice? I need to read more, this is very foreign territory.
PoTV has the wismec rx gen3 dual for $36.
Fasttech has the lost vape Triade for $102.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
However, when I’m getting zero visible vapor at 380, I feel like something is off, whether that’s a setting or my draw technique.
My own experience with the VT75D is that the device itself tends to slightly underestimate the coil resistance, so I turned mine up a bit and it made a lot of difference. For my Z the device defaulted to around .386 and I wasn't getting enough vapor. I set it to .402, which is what the RX2/3 measured it at, and the vapor commeth. Worth a try I think...

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
My own experience with the VT75D is that the device itself tends to slightly underestimate the coil resistance, so I turned mine up a bit and it made a lot of difference. For my Z the device defaulted to around .386 and I wasn't getting enough vapor. I set it to .402, which is what the RX2/3 measured it at, and the vapor commeth. Worth a try I think...

Mine is reading about .368, if I set it manually to .402 it goes into temp protection mode.

Monk Debate,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I agree with @almost there, that is a big bump. Mine defaults to a higher number to begin with so higher is right for me. My bump it about .02 (to .38 for you) so try that first and if necessary continue up. But be sure you aren't starting with a cold load as my clouds really start after the load is warm.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Mine is reading about .368, if I set it manually to .402 it goes into temp protection mode.
Herbie explained to me how to override that temp protect warning: in the escribe Theme Designer there's a a pull down where you can select for it to just display the temp instead of the protect warning.

I do like my custom Z around .4 though. Doubt I've had it below .39 since first discovering how fun Splinters are for my usage with the resistance on the high side.

started@52

Stealth Splinter Sidecar
2-FA60036-881-D-4-A60-83-AA-71-FC30-E586-E3.jpg

started@52

Man those blackwoods look sexy, tell us more :brow::brow:
It is a DIY splinter with just two wires hanging out the bottom that Ryan offered in the past he called the PAM. I stained it black, built the base and added the smoked stem. Need to let it dry for about a week to not get stain tasting vape, lol.

Edit: and sorry just realized I posted in the Z splinter thread.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@started@52 that's a Dope sidecar man!.. Murdered hard just like my bike lol. Cool to see a PAM put to good use.

Happy 420 folks! If you purchase a unit at Vgoodiez by tomorrow midnight you will be entered to win a Splinter, Splinter Z (with wooden mouthpieces) or a Milaana... probably in the neighborhood of a 1 in 25 chance to win so the odds are good! Look for give-aways from 420 vapezone, Vapefiend and Puffitup as well. So stoked to have such a great stable of Retailers this 420!

SquirrelMaster

@started@52 that's a Dope sidecar man!.. Murdered hard just like my bike lol. Cool to see a PAM put to good use.

Happy 420 folks! If you purchase a unit at Vgoodiez by tomorrow midnight you will be entered to win a Splinter, Splinter Z (with wooden mouthpieces) or a Milaana... probably in the neighborhood of a 1 in 25 chance to win so the odds are good! Look for give-aways from 420 vapezone, Vapefiend and Puffitup as well. So stoked to have such a great stable of Retailers this 420!

Who would you recommend north of the border?

SquirrelMaster

They're a little low on all stock. Hopefully won't last long.

I've looked at Herb Cafe, Vape North and ended up with a Splinter Z from Jane Mary's. Need the cooling stems but I don't "think" any in Canada are the custom. Prices really vary so I'm having a harder time telling which is which. Need a WPA as well. I can't wait to get my Splinter Z up and running!

Last edited:
SquirrelMaster,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom