Status
Not open for further replies.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
You again! :)
Look over there ;)
https://vapefiend.co.uk/search?type=article,page,product&q=xl8r
Good site, never have any issue with them

edit: oops i didn't see they are out of the long ones, sorry.
https://www.docteur-vaporisateur.co...918-xl8r-cooling-mouthpiece-splinter-rbt.html
It seems to be available there.(1long 1short and 3 screens for 44.50€)
Thanks for the information. But I only needed the long stem while they sell the whole package here. Can anyone help me? I live in Europe. I've seen that the non-xl8r cooling mouthpiece is also available, I don't know what it's called, and someone says it's more efficient than xl8r. How about?

Ps
I'm worried by @Summer reviews that says the cooling mouthpiece is mandatory for the Splinter.

TiSteamo,
Reactions: hopla

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the information. But I only needed the long stem while they sell the whole package here. Can anyone help me? I live in Europe. I've seen that the non-xl8r cooling mouthpiece is also available, I don't know what it's called, and someone says it's more efficient than xl8r. How about?

The short xl8r (called xl8jr) is a useful item to have. It does a very nice job of cooling the vapor.

For a European, this is a very good choice https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/milaana-cooling-mouthpiece.

It is a bit fragile (in my opinion) but at home I prefer it. FYI the part coming out from the bowl is 3-4 inches.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Ps
I'm worried by @Summer reviews that says the cooling mouthpiece is mandatory for the Splinter.

Mandatory is relative, most of us got by fine without cooling stems for years... There are other ways to cool vapor and filter, but the Jr cooler is great :2c:

Sticky13

Just wattage mode over here, simples. Using a Coolfire 4 TC100 ~35W, get 3-4hits per bowl.. generally leaving the 4th.

Have played around with TC but settled for wattage mode for now, havent yet owned a mod that can run custom firmware.

Last edited:
Sticky13,

HerbieVonVapster

Personally feel the SpinterZ runs the best TC using a DNA based mod. For wattage it's not as important as a consideration.

I rarely use wattage mode so mine is matched up to Lost Vape Triade DNA250c. The SplinterZ is kinda large and I wanted something where I didn't have to lay the mod and the Z on there side. On the paranormal mod I needed to do that for safety (hand dexterity issues).

A cheap mod might be a good starting point. For around $30 you get good wattage performance and depending on the mod a descent TC experience.

Later can upgrade to a DNA when there on sale. Honestly you will appreciated the difference more than just starting out on a DNA mod. You also have a backup mod that can match up to something else as a travel backup combo.

Keep a eye on this thread normally when a good deal is found someone post about it.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
My wife got me a Z and I found a local shop with a deal on an HCigar VT75c, so tonight I loaded up a @HerbieVonVapster profile through Escribe (plus Frank’s theme) and had a session. I was using the long XL8R stem and got a lot of good flavor on the first several hits. I didn’t get a ton of vapor on most of the hits, but I’m guessing that’s a technique issue as this is my first convection vape.

The session has resulted in a really lovely, calming but not couch locked high. I’m feeling the effects but I’m not overwhelmed by them. And the stem did its job, I never felt harshness at all, even though I could feel the stem getting hot.

I’m excited to tinker more with the mod and dial everything in. This is a hell of a vape already.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I am incredibly impressed at how mellow and calming the highs are from the Z. A very different experience from the more aggressive highs of a Dynavap.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: analytika

TiSteamo

One question: what do you mean by aggressive high? Have you had anxiety episodes?

TiSteamo,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
One question: what do you mean by aggressive high? Have you had anxiety episodes?

Once in a while I can get anxiety from weed, but usually it alleviates anxiety for me. In this case it’s more about the way the high expresses itself. With the Dynavap, it’s heavier. I feel more couch locked. With the Z, it’s lighter, more tingly, less locking.

TiSteamo

Once in a while I can get anxiety from weed, but usually it alleviates anxiety for me. In this case it’s more about the way the high expresses itself. With the Dynavap, it’s heavier. I feel more couch locked. With the Z, it’s lighter, more tingly, less locking.
I too prefer a very relaxing and calm high, for me it is what should always be with the weed. It is probably due to convection.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I suspect you are trusting the temperature displayed when perhaps you should not. Also I have noticed depending on what stem I use it matters what basket (rimmed or rimless) I use. If there is not a good seal then I get little or weak vapor. With XL8R it will take quite a lot to feel harshness, but you should be seeing big clouds. So play around with the two basket types and your grind. I use a fine grind currently.

Summer

Long Island, NY

DeezVaprz

Custom Z, XL8JR and 19mm m2m adapter coming my way soon. Pretty excited to try the epicness that is the Zions heater. Sad I missed out!

DeezVaprz,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom