1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Splinter Z by RBT

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Summer, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HandyMan

HandyMan New Member

Can anyone help me out? I have a 4 hole SplinterZ on a 250c dna Triade. Every once in awhile my mod will give me a message such as temp. protect, check atomizer, etc. and it will not heat up my herbs when showing those screens. Any fixes for that? Also how would I go about setting up temperature control on my dna mod?

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. SavageCore

SavageCore Well-Known Member

I'd check the connection of the mod to box, fully screwed in? clean?

As for temp control use the wonderful profiles shared by @HerbieVonVapster

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

See the TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing thread for further readings.

bossman, Bizkat, cloudsosmoke and 4 others like this.
  3. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

4. HandyMan

HandyMan New Member

Got the TC working but every once in awhile I still get a “no atomizer” and such message. It doesn’t just happen on one mod box either. Both 250c dna chip mods are new and the 510 thread looks immaculate but I wiped both the mod and splinter down pretty hard anyways. Right after I wiped it down I got a no atomizer, kept hitting the fire button and it went away. It’s strange that it happens on both mods which are basically brand new. I’d really like to find a solution where this won’t happen at all anymore since sometimes it’s working perfectly fine in the middle of a session then all of a sudden I get no vapor and I check my mod and I have a no atomizer/temp protect/check atomizer message. Gets kind of annoying

5. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

In an effort to keep our @Summer happy I have copied this over here from the Splinter thread... :cool:

Easywider, bossman and Shit Snacks like this.
  6. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Finally loaded surmyevic on the Reuleaux RX Gen3Dual and have autofire working well for me set to 25sec though its not quite as nice as tubo interface and its cruises, understandably so the SME software is a bit more complex and not designed for our needs... Still it is nice to be able to do this now and maybe I will figure out some form of temp control with it... Also need to try the SplinterZ on this new Reuleaux dna250 I just got, though I really do like it on the RXG3D

bossman, Bizkat and Summer like this.
  7. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

I think the DNA 250 is a great experience when it’s properly dialed in. I pissed and moaned for quite a bit until I actually figured out how to properly load different profiles. I’m loving the experience with the same mod and Z setup using @HerbieVonVapster’s profiles. And yet I still long for cruise mode! What a shame my RX-300 is a lemon and has a battery draining issue that makes it pretty unusable!

Bizkat, YaMon, Shit Snacks and 3 others like this.
  8. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

The DNA250 mod will give you an accurate reading of resistance on your splinter which should help even back on the RXG3D.

Bizkat, YaMon and Shit Snacks like this.
  9. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

I took the cold resistance from my cuboid mini running tubo software, that wasn't good enough? I was putting off putting it on the DNA so I wouldn't be tempted to use only it but maybe that's good lol

10. cybrguy

Is anyone happily using a HCigar VT75D with their SplinterZ? Someone mentioned it earlier, was that @little maggie ?

bossman and SloJimFizz like this.
  11. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

I've had my Z on a VT75 the last couple days. Loaded @HerbieVonVapster Z profile, locked in my ohms and the thing has been a beast.
    I loaded a different theme from the escribe forum. Tried some of the fancy color themes, but there was never enough memory.
    Gets to temp much faster than the Evic running the Tubo firmware. Fires as long as I need so far, so not missing cruise. No experience with replay.

YaMon, almost there, bossman and 5 others like this.
  12. sickmanfraud

I have my TUBOx on a mod using @funkyjunky firmware and the numbers supplied by @funkyjunky were 100% in agreement with DNA250C for resistance.

I know I read somewhere that some mods were off significantly enough on the resistance it wanted to select that combustion "almost occurred" or worse. I experienced this using a Stempod from SPL. The mod (Wisimiec) jumped to a resistance it suggested. I felt the hit was WRONG and the stem was knd of smoldering when I quickly withdrew it from the Stempod.

If you are careful it is not too difficult to dial in the proper Resistance (Tubo) number.

YaMon and Shit Snacks like this.
  13. LambsBreath

LambsBreath Active Member

Was looking at mods a few days back and an internet search for Wismec resulted in a lot of talk from the e-juice crowd about problems with their 510 connectors that I believe were adding resistance. I wonder if sub par 510 connectors cause some of these mods to be off on the resistance? Kind of turned me off on that brand though.

YaMon, bossman and KeroZen like this.
  14. sickmanfraud

I hear that.

Over the last year or two, I purchased 5 devices from that company and three are broken.

bossman and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  15. bossman

I was asking about that a page ago and posted a link to a vt75d at GearBest (they have the single cell vt75 for the same price) .

I think I'm gonna get one now that I know there's a proven profile for the Z. It looks like an affordable compromise between the fit of my rxg3d and the performance of my big bronze dna250.

I was also asking if the slow China sites were an acceptable place to buy mods or if there were problems with counterfeiting and stuff like with battery shopping.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Shit Snacks and cybrguy like this.
  16. cybrguy

Ordering direct from China through Alibaba or otherwise always makes me a little nervous and my policy has generally been not to buy anything with electronics or that is consumed. With anything that potentially might need to be sent back I tend to look for other closer sources. So I buy key ring flashlights, glass water pieces, torch lighters and the occasional laser pointer, but otherwise I look for more local vendors. I realize that I may well be buying items made in China from more local vendors but I feel I have more recourse with them should something go wrong or should the order never arrive. While this may reflect a bias, it is based on experience.

YaMon, almost there and bossman like this.
  17. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

@bossman fasttech is legitimate but that just means you won't get a counterfeit if it's listed as authentic, if you get a lemon you will still have to work with their return or RMA department which is where it can get fustrating. I have bought 5 mods since getting on this 510 train and 2 of them had to be replaced because they came malfunctioning right out of the box. Unless it's another one of those super deals like $50 for a vapeman steam engine I'd rather shop domestic

bossman, Shit Snacks and KeroZen like this.
  18. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

True, but when you think about it, isn't it just a different way to present our regular TC mode?

I mean, with TC we also get "max watts" applied when we trigger, exactly like Power, and when it reaches the set temperature it tapers down progressively such that the extrapolated temperature is never exceeded.

Bah maybe I should revert back to Power mode on my devices, but this time using a much lower Wattage. I really like how hard it is to char (and really hard to combust) in the Nomad with the low power heater. It comes close to the Zion, but Zion is still king: I can't manage to get the same vapor density in any of my other vapes without charring/hotspoting, whereas the Zion is massive cloud after massive cloud with superbly uniform ABV and zero stir (or well I do stir once at the end because the bowl was so good I'm gutted it's finished, so I try to get the last few remaining hits...but that's more gluttony than anything else heh)

YaMon, chimpybits, Hogni and 5 others like this.
  19. bossman

Good points. I'm gonna chill and just keep an eye out for a DNA deal from a US seller.

cybrguy likes this.
  20. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

6 in one & 1/2 dozen in the other i think. or something like that :hmm:

I think with a safetly limit set (430f) and a low wattage ( 22w ). You'd get the added benefit of natural temp stepping with the bonus of a safety net, as it will very slowly climb in temp until it hits max-temp.
    Where TC will race as fast as possibly to get to the your set temp.

I just got a DNA C maybe I should hit the lab :science:

bossman and KeroZen like this.
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

22. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Snowing here in the Mid-Atlantic,,,broke out the Z and grilling on the snowy deck with a nice double IPA in hand. Sweet!!!!

TheRobbo, bossman, SavageCore and 4 others like this.
  23. bossman

Which DNA C did you get and for how much? I'm down to try one but I want to find a great deal to justify the purchase.

24. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

25. bossman

Thanks! That's been showing as an out of stock preorder for a few weeks now. I'd be down to try a Triade though. The 510 position really does look like a good fit for the Z.

sickmanfraud and Easywider like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors