1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Splinter Z by RBT

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Summer, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I’m just wondering?
    I like the ideal of a herb atomizer.
    Cost/function = ?

Want/need

Let’s lower cost 4 all!

If this is achieved power 2 this cause.

2. money2

money2 Well-Known Member

The greatest limitation of the product is the highly awkward/unergonomic form factor when mated to a mod that is not a side by side . No side by side mod that I am aware of has sufficient diametric clearance . Hope this changes .

3. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

I agree that it is awkward, but I'm not sure a side by side mod would improve that much and it would be much harder on the joint and much more unbalanced over water.

Abysmal Vapor, Summer and ataxian like this.
  4. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Yup, I speak relative to other mass-produced vapes that the mainstream public might actually know outside of the nerds like us. Surely the Milaana went further than many others, but still not much of a dent. I think if we had the number of splinters produced and sold, it would be very small compared two other vaporizers... Remember this was still pretty much a one-man operation.

BEST IS RELATIVE!

HARD TO BELIEVE UNTIL YOU TRY FOR YOURSELF, BUT OF COURSE NOTHING IS FOR EVERYONE AS INDIVIDUAL TASTES CAN VARY SO SIGNIFICANTLY!

I LOVE THESE VAPES, BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE TRUE HOLY GRAIL IS, ATAX MY MAN! ;)
    :bigleaf::bigleaf:

5. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

How much R they?
    Need 2 try one?

I hate not knowing?

Bizkat, cybrguy and Shit Snacks like this.
  6. money2

money2 Well-Known Member

Centered space to “bury” 510 attachment flanked by an 18650 on either side type of mod design could mitigate current limitations upright and upside down without creating an imbalance .
    Mod would be a little wider but problem of too tall light sabreish form factor (that most importantly limits severely what angle it may be used upright) would be eliminated with form factor becoming closer to Mi or Zi.

KeroZen, bossman, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  7. Shit Snacks

There was just a 30% off sale where I got my SplinterZ for $140 with shipping, regular Splinter is cheaper and I believe there is still a 45% off deal there to pre order the new V1 for the new year. Not sure if the 45% off flash sale on everything has ended now, but that would have been a great way to get one cheap... Not sure where you can find a Milaana these days either? Keep an eye on the classifieds perhaps! Worthwhile imo

Mr. Gweilo 420, ataxian and cybrguy like this.
  8. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/

Not all available all the time. It is kinda catch as catch can these days. I picked up a Canary 2-hole Z a couple weeks ago and I love it. I don't know if sales prices are current but I personally think it is worth it sale or no.

Mr. Gweilo 420 and ataxian like this.
  9. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  10. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

@KeroZen I could be wrong but I thought with the DNA c mods you could set a max temp cut off when using wattage mode. This should give you the freedom of an unregulated device with the safety net of TC. You would have to temp step manually though.

11. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

The dimpling merely elongates the air path. In other words you get more length out of the glass piece in a condensed space using a serpentine path.

12. Foretwintee

Foretwintee Member

You do a thc/CBS flower mix as well eh? I like a 50/50 blend

ataxian and mucsusn like this.
  13. Shit Snacks

It actually also blocks the vapor bath, protecting hot air from hitting your mouth directly, and blocking some herb particles that could get through the screen

14. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

Holy. Fucking. Asscrackers. I've had a few weeks to fall in love with my splinter. It has caused me to kick Vapes out to sell them to give them away. I received my Z today and I believe it is my end game. I can't help but laugh every time I exhale because the clouds are so massive and full of flavor. Christmas is ruined. My entire new year is ruined. I am ruined. Wrecked. Done. I'm not speaking lightly here friends this is the best vaporizer I've ever used. Thank you Ryan. Have a Merry Christmas everyone

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brx4g25jy9L/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=uz9g4cqjkjd3

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brx40oijoLJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vqgm5aafx3hv

Vapenvy, bossman, Bizkat and 8 others like this.
  15. Foretwintee

Foretwintee Member

Where you get that long stem?

2hrs and ataxian like this.
  16. antispleen

From SantaBuddhaTao of course ;)

17. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Merry Christmas all of you Fuckers! Hitting my Shadow M and my Splinter Z along with a pint of Goose Island Bourbon County Barrel Stout. Not too shabby:cheers:

Bizkat, KeroZen, ataxian and 7 others like this.
  18. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I hit my Z a couple of hours ago. I'm feeling no pain! :D I :luv: this vape! I feel like a lucky duck owning it, & I still :drool: over it.

Have a marvelous Christmas everyone!

bossman, Bizkat, KeroZen and 7 others like this.
  19. CL52613

CL52613 Well-Known Member

Summer I could not agree more, the Splinter Z is just a fantastic vaporizer. It is so good I have yet to check out how my mod works "Paranormal DNA 250 C". All I have done so far is set watts. I thought I would have to do all the stuff using Escribe but this is working so good, what the heck. Merry Christmas y'all

Bizkat, KeroZen, ataxian and 7 others like this.
  20. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

You'll love the paranormal dna 250c version in replay mode, if your goal is quick and efficient extraction. Once you have it dialed in, replay performs a smart auto power boost to get the Z to optimum temperature in a second or two, and keeps it there as long as you hold the button!

If you're a terp chaser, wattage mode is your best choice. I'm looking for a mod with dial ui (variable voltage potentiometer) to use with one of my splinters, sick of clicking button up button down.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  21. abracadaver

abracadaver aka mephisto

Check out the Squid, dual 18650, dial adjustment, Vet owned operation, made in USA. At 38 watts, the Squid rocks the Z all day long! Merry Christmas Yinz!

wilky, analytika, YaMon and 1 other person like this.
  22. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

What does replay do that you cannot do with the regular setting choices?

There is "punch" which can be made to start VERY strong vapor from the beginning of the hit.

analytika likes this.
  23. started@52

started@52 Well-Known Member

There is a wattage boost mode on the dna c models. Replay let’s you “save” a perfect puff and memorizes the profile of the draws wattage, temp(resistance) and many other factors and replays(replicates) all those factors for future draws. Works great in my opinion.

Summer, Bizkat, YaMon and 2 others like this.
  24. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

My Z arrived on Christmas eve but it has a chemical odor when I heat it up... I'm no expert but maybe some glue or adhesive burning off??

I've been alternately blowing in the two air holes and blowing down into the heater with an empty short stem. Haven't gotten it odor free yet so it's not in use.

Was this a thing for anybody else and what did you do to resolve the issue? Thanks.

25. antispleen

My z also arrived christmas eve and did not notice any odor, fwiw

YaMon and bossman like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors