Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackrat

Did the US just ban aliexpress from selling mods of any kind? I can't get links like this to work. Do they really have the VT75D back in stock?
According to google, they quit selling back in October to u.s. consumers

Trackrat,

Bazinga

Took my Z and mod to a local vape/smoke shop. Two gentlemen at the shop were not able to produce vapor. They tried several different mods and decided the failure resides with the Z. I will be contacting Cole at Rastabuddhatao to see if the Z needs to be returned.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Took my Z and mod to a local vape/smoke shop. Two gentlemen at the shop were not able to produce vapor. They tried several different mods and decided the failure resides with the Z. I will be contacting Cole at Rastabuddhatao to see if the Z needs to be returned.

I'm curious what they thought about the concept! Sucks if you got a defective Z, but hopefully easy to resolve now... Good luck!

Bazinga

I'm curious what they thought about the concept! Sucks if you got a defective Z, but hopefully easy to resolve now... Good luck!

They both were very interested in the Z. They had seen them on line and had some knowledge about them. This is the first time they got to "play" with one.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
In my limited experience vape shop staff are more familiar with juice vaping so they know a fair amount about mods, less about dry herb vapes, and nothing about these boutique 510 dry herb devices, which makes sense really.

@Bazinga good job getting some different mods in the mix to see what gives with your ZV2. I thought you got the double ZV2 deal, that's why I was suggesting two mods in prior posts. So you have the basket screen in the XL8R and the weed in the basket screen like this?
IMG-20191219-163723-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bazinga

In my limited experience vape shop staff are more familiar with juice vaping so they know a fair amount about mods, less about dry herb vapes, and nothing about these boutique 510 dry herb devices, which makes sense really.

@Bazinga good job getting some different mods in the mix to see what gives with your ZV2. I thought you got the double ZV2 deal, that's why I was suggesting two mods in prior posts. So you have the basket screen in the XL8R and the weed in the basket screen like this?
IMG-20191219-163723-2.jpg

That's exactly how I have the XL8R loaded. This particular vape/smoke/head shop carries many different brands of vaporizers ranging from the Mighty, Solo, Dynavap, etc. They really like and promote the Dynavap. They carry a boatload of bongs and other paraphernalia.

You are correct, as usual, I did receive 2 Zs. I have not unboxed the "spare" as I wanted to get the first one up and running. It didn't occur to me to think that the Z was defective. I assumed that the problem was user error. Tonight I will try the spare Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

eideal852

That's exactly how I have the XL8R loaded. This particular vape/smoke/head shop carries many different brands of vaporizers ranging from the Mighty, Solo, Dynavap, etc. They really like and promote the Dynavap. They carry a boatload of bongs and other paraphernalia.

You are correct, as usual, I did receive 2 Zs. I have not unboxed the "spare" as I wanted to get the first one up and running. It didn't occur to me to think that the Z was defective. I assumed that the problem was user error. Tonight I will try the spare Z.
Then bring THAT (hopefully) working Z to the same shop, get those juicers on board!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The mod says 35W. The ohms are 39 at rest and 53 when applying the fire button. The volts indicate 37.0.

Okay, something is very wrong with those numbers.

a) 39 / 53Ω is just outragaous. It should be *somewhere* between 0.1 and 2.0 Ω (and that's a very wide range already)
b) Whichever mod you have, it's not capable to give you 37 volts. Most mods will have a max of something like 8.5v.

I suppose it's rather .39Ω and 3.7v, right?

Siebter,

Bazinga

Then bring THAT (hopefully) working Z to the same shop, get those juicers on board!

From the look and smell of the shop I think they are more of stoners than juicers.

Last night I tried the other Z. Worked right out of the box. No problems. I need to tweak the settings and change my vaping style in order to make the experience even better. Will be contacting Cole to find out how to return the defective Z.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Looks like mine arrived today. Will give it a try tonight.
Last night I tried the other Z. Worked right out of the box. No problems. I need to tweak the settings and change my vaping style in order to make the experience even better. Will be contacting Cole to find out how to return the defective Z.
That is great, @Bazinga. Very glad you had a second one to solve the problem. I was betting bad mod, but you had eliminated that...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't have any bubinga, but I love how the grain pops on the bubingas I have seen on this thread. I think my canary is pretty, but it doesn't pop in the same way. The ZV2 is kinda boring in comparison to either.
Z-pic.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Still getting used to the ZV and now I'll have to get used to the Drone. It feels HUGE in my hand compared to the VT75D.
(See ya over in OOC thread)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I was wondering ... They are all beautiful ... But in your opinion which is the most beautiful?
I'll be biased but for me it's the bubinga.
The custom bubinga is probably the best looking but it's also the most discolored from use. The blackwood ZV2 has the least visible grain and is very plain. The wenge is nice and better looking than the wenge dynastash I used to have. The ZV1 is also bubinga but paler and plainer. It's worth noting that the Chinese Zs heat a bit more evenly than the customs, although that difference disappears when they're all on DNAc mods. Now they just have unique personalities based on differences in draw resistance, mod pairing, and battery choice.
IMG-20191223-130303-2.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
No challenge, that said, I'd be all over that tomorrow morning!
Does sound like a festive holiday indulgence. I've actually only done XL8R stem milk once before and it was something else. I think my rule is going to be when I fill this little mason jar with avb it's time to simmer my stems. It's tricky because flavor is better with a cleaner stem but reclaim is worth waiting for.
IMG-20191224-201020-2.jpg

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Hm, never tried this. I clean all my vape gear frequently for taste, but this sounds enticing...

Schlumples,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom