Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Tame Impala is never off topic :tup: Lonerism is my favorite album of all time, followed closely by Currents. I just really love Tame Impala lmao

Even in Innerspeaker there are some very nice things ...

TiSteamo,
Reactions: Jacer

Kinick23

I landed on .403 last night in testing and so far it’s nice and stable, good vapor production and no charring, I’m temp stepping btwn 350-400.

Kinick23,
Reactions: Summer

churchofthought

Just an FYI for those looking for a better way to vape rather than these silly metal screens.
https://sipipes.com/product/glass-carbon-filter-adapter-female-male-honeycomb/
https://sipipes.com/shop/carbon-filter-adapters/

iorie9O.png

Screen_Shot_2019-11-09_at_3.07.59_PM.png

churchofthought,

bar119

hi all,
sorry for my english.
im runnig my splinter z wih wismec reuleaux Gen3 dual on power mod only and not getting good results so far.(splinter z v2 & xl8r j).
i want to try tcr mode.but i only got a mac.
can u please help me???
im getting back to my mighty and dynavap and i really want the splinter to bbecome my goto vape.
thanks

sickmanfraud

hi all,
sorry for my english.
im runnig my splinter z wih wismec reuleaux Gen3 dual on power mod only and not getting good results so far.(splinter z v2 & xl8r j).
can u please help me???
im getting back to my mighty and dynavap and i really want the splinter to bbecome my goto vape.
thanks

I suggest you take your mod to a friend with a Windows PC and try the Tubo Firmware from here:

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

sickmanfraud,

GoldenBud

hi all,
sorry for my english.
can u please help me???
thanks
in most cases you've got something not configured well with your resistance or watts, or mod.. dunno
you should enjoy wattage mod. definately. how much watts u use? what's your resistance? which batteries you use? I remind you that the Z is meant to be used in wattage mod.......

GoldenBud,
Reactions: TiSteamo

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
hi all,
sorry for my english.
can u please help me???
thanks
EScribe will run on your MAC and then you may install one of Herbie’s TC profiles to your mod from FCShare.

jbm

Doh! @eideal852 good catch, that is not a DNA mod is it?
No, it’s not. You can run NFE Toolkit in a Mac, either via a Windows emulator called Wine, or in a Windows virtual machine via VirtualBox. The Wine route is probably easier, it’s described here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/com...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

There is a chance that it may not work, it didn’t for me for example, in which case you would need to go the VirtualBox route, which is too complex for me to explain here.

jbm,
Reactions: YaMon

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
hi all,
sorry for my english.
can u please help me???
thanks
That's a great mod for your ZV2. I run an older version of myevic on my rx gen3 duals because it's the only one I could get to install using the Wismec firmware updater app (which is available for osx).

bossman,

dzunk

I came back to share my experience/beginner tips with Splinter Z after some while. I think this info might be useful if you are a traditional vapor user (like i was) and you are used to vapes like crafty or pax.

1) Get the cooling mouthpiece. This one should be in the box. Without it, it's just too strong and i wasnt able to enjoy its strenght, only the flavour of the weed. I have the one that looks like a small bubbler and it works very well.

2) Dual-battery mod is enough even for heavy vaporists. I have a triple battery wismec and it lasts me 3 days of heavy use (approximately 3-4g each day).

3) Get a bong adapter. It is not a must, but my splinter milks my bong better than my e-nano used to. I get 2-3 hits per load, first two are massive, the third is still fine. And since its wireless its very nice to have a bong wherever you want.

4) It is not the most accessible vape. Even if you manage to install tcr mode (which i dont use that much, power mode works better for me) it's still not a push and drag vape. You have to assemble it, carry the glass parts in a case, you have to buy a 18650 charger - it is not a small thing you pack with yourself on a vacation when you only have a carry-on. At the same time, don't be afraid of this vape. Its a really good vape. I think its one of the best honestly. And once you get it, you will be very happy to own this one. It is very versatile - it can be strong and it can be gentle packed with flavour. You can use it directly, with wpa or cooling mouth piece. It is also very efficient and you dont have to charge it every day.

5) It is stronger than any vape i have ever tried before. It is like a home vape, but it works on batteries.

6) If you want to enjoy your flavour, use really low temps with the direct straw - the best flavour in my opinion.

7)If you want to take the biggest hit possible, you have to filter it through water and ice.

8) Dont buy this one as your go-to vape. Dont get me wrong, its the most used vape i own, but whenerev i head out i grab my crafty. I dont want to teach everyone how to use this vape and i dont want anyone to damage it by dropping it.

9) If your mod is getting too hot while using this vape, you are using it wrong. Do not hold the button extensively, set up preheat and use push inhale, release, exhale scheme.

10)I wouldnt buy it if i only wanted to own 1 vape. Honestly my choice would be Mighty. It is not nearly as strong or flavourfull, but it works great, it can be used by anyone with no learning curve, its much stealthier, lighter and pocketable. For me the combination of splinter with crafty. But beware, once you use a Z you wont be very satisfied with other vapes. Crafty/mighty are still strong enough for me, but i havent used pax ever since i have my splinter. It is just powerless in comparison to Splinter. With crafty i still get decent vapor and it fits in my pocket nicely and covers my daily usage (im mostly a night user).

Hope this helps to someone someday.

PS:

11) I dont know if its allowed to say it here, but if your from europe, the best way to get this, is to get it from greatwhitenorth in canada and the cooling mouthpieces you can get from verdampftnochmal in germany. I do not have any experience with it, but also consider the tubo vaporizer. It looks nice and you wont have to pay vat+customs clearance (in my case around 35% of the purchase price). So in the end its very expensive to buy splinter in europe and tubo is a little cheaper.

Hammahead

Great recap! Verdampftnochmal has the Splinter as well (costly though) and then there's Vapefiend UK! Also would like to add that the XL8TOR (or whatever the name is) does a cooling job quite similar to the Easy Flow part but doesn't break to pieces if your subwoofer is 5 HZ too low. In other words: the Easy Flow cooling moutpiece is VERY frangible...

Hammahead

and hard to clean

deadly combination
Wrecked three of those precious little buggers within just a few months. Still, I feel a wee tempted to buy another one... it's sort of the Grasshopper of Splinter cooling mouthpieces - simply sublime when it's not broken, but nothing to rely on. The RBT cooling mouthpiece is very close though, and very hard to break. Probably the better option for most, but then there's people like me who seriously consider the way higher risk for the slightly better experience. Being a Vape Nazi ain't that cheap and easy.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I came back to share my experience/beginner tips with Splinter Z after some while. I think this info might be useful if you are a traditional vapor user (like i was) and you are used to vapes like crafty or pax.

1) Get the cooling mouthpiece. This one should be in the box. Without it, it's just too strong and i wasnt able to enjoy its strenght, only the flavour of the weed. I have the one that looks like a small bubbler and it works very well.

2) Dual-battery mod is enough even for heavy vaporists. I have a triple battery wismec and it lasts me 3 days of heavy use (approximately 3-4g each day).

3) Get a bong adapter. It is not a must, but my splinter milks my bong better than my e-nano used to. I get 2-3 hits per load, first two are massive, the third is still fine. And since its wireless its very nice to have a bong wherever you want.

4) It is not the most accessible vape. Even if you manage to install tcr mode (which i dont use that much, power mode works better for me) it's still not a push and drag vape. You have to assemble it, carry the glass parts in a case, you have to buy a 18650 charger - it is not a small thing you pack with yourself on a vacation when you only have a carry-on. At the same time, don't be afraid of this vape. Its a really good vape. I think its one of the best honestly. And once you get it, you will be very happy to own this one. It is very versatile - it can be strong and it can be gentle packed with flavour. You can use it directly, with wpa or cooling mouth piece. It is also very efficient and you dont have to charge it every day.

5) It is stronger than any vape i have ever tried before. It is like a home vape, but it works on batteries.

6) If you want to enjoy your flavour, use really low temps with the direct straw - the best flavour in my opinion.

7)If you want to take the biggest hit possible, you have to filter it through water and ice.

8) Dont buy this one as your go-to vape. Dont get me wrong, its the most used vape i own, but whenerev i head out i grab my crafty. I dont want to teach everyone how to use this vape and i dont want anyone to damage it by dropping it.

9) If your mod is getting too hot while using this vape, you are using it wrong. Do not hold the button extensively, set up preheat and use push inhale, release, exhale scheme.

10)I wouldnt buy it if i only wanted to own 1 vape. Honestly my choice would be Mighty. It is not nearly as strong or flavourfull, but it works great, it can be used by anyone with no learning curve, its much stealthier, lighter and pocketable. For me the combination of splinter with crafty. But beware, once you use a Z you wont be very satisfied with other vapes. Crafty/mighty are still strong enough for me, but i havent used pax ever since i have my splinter. It is just powerless in comparison to Splinter. With crafty i still get decent vapor and it fits in my pocket nicely and covers my daily usage (im mostly a night user).

Hope this helps to someone someday.

PS:

11) I dont know if its allowed to say it here, but if your from europe, the best way to get this, is to get it from greatwhitenorth in canada and the cooling mouthpieces you can get from verdampftnochmal in germany. I do not have any experience with it, but also consider the tubo vaporizer. It looks nice and you wont have to pay vat+customs clearance (in my case around 35% of the purchase price). So in the end its very expensive to buy splinter in europe and tubo is a little cheaper.
I concur very much with what you said. I have an extensive collection of RBT gear and a few iHeats, plus 3 Vapwoods. The only thing I would add in addition to those and my Crafty and Mighty would be VapCaps. Indispensable for me when out and about, and often used at home. The 510 convection gear and the Craft/Mighty seldom go out of the house, the VC’s on the other hand, are always in my EDC bag.

sickmanfraud

The RBT cooling mouthpiece is very close though, and very hard to break. Probably the better option for most, but then there's people like me who seriously consider the way higher risk for the slightly better experience.

@Hammahead you should check out the Nub stem by LaMart. TBH I broke one of the Nub stems I had, but at least it was cleanable and they feel thick and are stealthier than a longer stem. The stem mentioned above by @Hammahead and @Alex3oe is very fragile.

The XL8r stems by RBT are good too, I just prefer the longer to the shorter and the Xl8rjr can get hot if hits are too long and/or too frequent.

Hammahead

Huh, that thing looks like what I was looking for, thanks a lot @sickmanfraud . Unfortunately right after my last posting, I ordered the Easy Flow Mouthpiece and they shipped it already. Maybe I buy it as well, I have accumulated quite a lot of slush money since my VAS has calmed down considerably since I got the Splinter. Any time I see a new vape, I compare it to the Hopper and the Splinter, go thru my preferences and decide it wouldn't improve anything I value in a vape.

How about the cleaning of the nub cooler? Is it any easier than with the Easy Flow?

Ok, just saw it's out of stock any way, so no cognitive dissonances for the moment ;) I'll keep it in mind though! Thanks again!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hmmmh...with or w/o XL8R package?

Otherwise the current combo package incl XL8R pack. seems to be cheaper for $124.99
If you don't have XL8R stems already then I do recommend them, especially the long one. Those bundled ones are only one XL8R though and the $29 accessory is for both short and long. Either way $125 isn't cheaper than $100 but I know what you mean.

bossman,
Reactions: Hogni
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom