Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonedbadger

Very Nice, managed to get the wenge egg shaped one. Wonder how many were made?

Okay have to double post, but it's worth it:

Screenshot-20191122-115815.png

I mean I am very happy with mine, but DAMN lol now a little jealous because I love those curves (which kinda match my two HIs) and she also has two Wenge wood Z's in different shapes!

Well done @khelek41girl, these are truly gorgeous exclusives! Snap em up people!

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Hey, newbie to FC and just wanted to post and say hello. I was turned onto these Z's by Psyentist who came to the e-cig forum and shared the good word with us. I ordered a custom Bubinga and love it so much that I've got a Wenge on the way. I'm vaping it on a Drone (I'm a squonker, but this drone is married to my Z--match made in heaven) using Herbie's TC profile and it is a heavenly experience.

I'm reading through this whole thread which will take me a while. Wealth of knowledge here and FC in general. Happy to be here :)

Oh also I happen to hail from the ADK, super awesome that these are designed locally to me :rockon:

DLfSOCR.jpg

Last edited:

david8613

Hey, newbie to FC and just wanted to post and say hello. I was turned onto these Z's by Psyentist who came to the e-cig forum and shared the good word with us. I ordered a custom Bubinga and love it so much that I've got a Wenge on the way. I'm vaping it on a Drone (I'm a squonker, but this drone is married to my Z--match made in heaven) using Herbie's TC profile and it is a heavenly experience.

I'm reading through this whole thread which will take me a while. Wealth of knowledge here and FC in general. Happy to be here :)

Oh also I happen to hail from the ADK, super awesome that these are designed locally to me :rockon:

DLfSOCR.jpg

Welcome to the forum! If this is your first dry herb vape you made a very wise choice! It's one of the best!!!!

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Welcome to the forum! If this is your first dry herb vape you made a very wise choice! It's one of the best!!!!
Thanks! I had tried a Mighty, Pax and Firefly several years ago and didn't like them at all, gave up for a while. I picked up the Z and a Dynavap up at the same time recently and they're absolutely life-changing :rockon:

Especially in TC mode. This thing is a beast!!:love: excited for my Wenge to arrive, should be this week!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks! I had tried a Mighty, Pax and Firefly several years ago and didn't like them at all, gave up for a while. I picked up the Z and a Dynavap up at the same time recently and they're absolutely life-changing :rockon:

Especially in TC mode. This thing is a beast!!:love: excited for my Wenge to arrive, should be this week!
I have my wenge Z on a black Drone and it looks great and performs really well. Excellent choice.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
I have my wenge Z on a black Drone and it looks great and performs really well. Excellent choice.
I love Wenge - it's a gorgeous wood. I've actually got a REO (mech squonker) made entirely of Wenge. Wenge on Wenge would be awesome but on a full battery it would pump over 40 watts. I may try it sometime on a partially drained battery, if for no other reason than to snap a picture :cool:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I love Wenge - it's a gorgeous wood. I've actually got a REO (mech squonker) made entirely of Wenge. Wenge on Wenge would be awesome but on a full battery it would pump over 40 watts. I may try it sometime on a partially drained battery, if for no other reason than to snap a picture :cool:
Wenge on wenge action! I remember @KeroZen explaining that these 510 devices are not to be used with mechanical mods but I forget the rest. It sounded like you were kidding but I thought I'd mention it.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Wenge on wenge action! I remember @KeroZen explaining that these 510 devices are not to be used with mechanical mods but I forget the rest. It sounded like you were kidding but I thought I'd mention it.
Can't imagine a reason why not, save for not being able to control wattage. I know ohms law and mechanical mods very well. @KeroZen mind explaining this? It wouldn't be ideal by any means, but it should work - unless there's something I'm missing about the Z. My Z's resistance is .38 so a full battery would be hitting too hard, but around 3.8 volts would be 38 watts. For clarity I'm just interested in trying it for the wenge on wenge action. I'll be vaping the Z in TC on my Drone forever-more, though.

Schlumples,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Finally got a shot with decent lighting, camera is still shit, but check out that color and grain:

IMG-20191124-134445751.jpg

IMG-20191124-134150964.jpg

And okay I can see why there's a lot of love for a Z on a DNA mod now. Similar to the V2 I had on this mod before, it is a bit tamer than wattage mode, but the larger heater of the Z extracts more thoroughly, even at very low temps!

I'll be back again with some family shots using a better camera at some point...

Easywider

Simple is the way
Can't imagine a reason why not, save for not being able to control wattage. I know ohms law and mechanical mods very well. @KeroZen mind explaining this? It wouldn't be ideal by any means, but it should work - unless there's something I'm missing about the Z. My Z's resistance is .38 so a full battery would be hitting too hard, but around 3.8 volts would be 38 watts. For clarity I'm just interested in trying it for the wenge on wenge action. I'll be vaping the Z in TC on my Drone forever-more, though.

If you know what your doing with a mech mod and your are using it within the recommended specs you are fine to use one. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I think the manufacturer specs were not to run the splinter at 50w for more then 30seconds.

this usage in real life with inhalation would obviously combust your herb long before it damaged your unit.

I believe this is how the Milaana works. Same heater. Single mech battery.

Last edited:

Schlumples

Resident Otter
If you know what your doing with a mech mod and your are using it within the recommended specs you are fine to use one. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I think the manufacturer specs were not to run the splinter at 50w for more then 30seconds.

this usage in real life with inhalation would obviously combust your herb long before it damaged your unit.

I believe this is how the Milaana works. Same heater. Single mech battery.
I got my Wenge Z in yesterday. I LOVE it! I'll eventually get around to polishing up my Woodvil and will snap some photos of the wenge-on-wenge goodness.

Psyentist

DLfSOCR.jpg

Welcome aboard Slotheus! Next stop Vaporville, choo choo. :)

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time here amongst these friendly folk.

Man, you have to show us a pic of the wenge on wenge action. I couldn’t imagine anything looking better!

As far as the Z working on a mech mod, as long as you’re aware of ohm’s law the only issue I can see would be a hybrid safe 510. But it looks like that would be fine on my Z.

Again, welcome aboard the Z train my friend. :rockon:

I'm trying to get one in Australia, all the suppliers they recommend don't even sell them anymore

Agent_Age, Vapefiend might be your only option unfortunately. That’s where I got mine before hightech stocked them. Pretty expensive, worth it though in my opinion. :science:

Agent_Age

Agent_Age, Vapefiend might be your only option unfortunately. That’s where I got mine before hightech stocked them. Pretty expensive, worth it though in my opinion. :science:

Yeah I looked into shipping companies to send it to in the us today. Have to weigh up which one works out cheaper

It's Hard when you see the American prices then to get it from the UK is so much dearer

Psyentist

Yeah I looked into shipping companies to send it to in the us today. Have to weigh up which one works out cheaper

It's Hard when you see the American prices then to get it from the UK is so much dearer

I know man, seeing some of the sales rbt has is heartbreaking. Would be good to have a friend over there who could ship it onto you. Maybe one of the friendly folks here could help you out if you asked nicely. Have to be someone you trust obviously.

Mr. Me2

So I just got one of these from @RogueGuy:

IMG-20191112-092326-842.jpg

This is a MUST HAVE tool for the Splinter and really any vape. It just works perfectly as a stirrer and scraper. And it feels great in the hand. I’ve tried a variety of these type of tools and this one wins...easily.

I’m pretty sure he made these in a variety of woods. Get your stocking stuffer now!

Last edited:

hit&run

Where can i get a Splinter Z V2? I'm from Germany and i cannot even find one shop that sells a Splinter Z V2 and ships to Germany. :shrug:

hit&run,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom