Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I read that correctly then when I see the resistance fluctuating that I should hold off?

I really can’t figure out why my resistance continues to fluctuate after being locked.

thank god I’m not this incompetent at everything I do

Are you sure you are not looking at the live resistance measured value?

A lot of mods show two resistance readings on the main fire screen, one is the locked cold resistance, the other is the live resistance which fluctuates during hits...

I just realized my Evic Mini doesnt have TCR since I switched to the Tubo firmware. Do I just punch in the ohm rating of the Splinter Z in the coil setting under the Tubo slot? I did that with my StemPod and was wondering if itll work on the Z

CABtheFISHKING,

entirely_foreign

I just realized my Evic Mini doesnt have TCR since I switched to the Tubo firmware. Do I just punch in the ohm rating of the Splinter Z in the coil setting under the Tubo slot? I did that with my StemPod and was wondering if itll work on the Z

Tubo has TCR. It's the "Tubo" mode of use (should be right after SS316; you might have disabled it, go to menu -> vaping -> modes)

virtualpurple

Are you sure you are not looking at the live resistance measured value?

A lot of mods show two resistance readings on the main fire screen, one is the locked cold resistance, the other is the live resistance which fluctuates during hits...

I thought I was sure but now I wonder. On my wismec Reuleaux dna250 with the herbievonvapster profiles loaded I only see a resistance on top, a wattage reading in the middle, and a temperature reading on the bottom.

Currently when I swap into the Z profile the resistance setting has a lock on it, and right at this moment when I tried firing it is staying locked at .40. My regular Splinter profile shows .39 followed by an ohms setting.

However, sooner or later when I am using my Z profile the resistance seems to start fluctuating despite having the lock symbol displayed next to it. It seems like this happens about every other day or so. This happened with my customZ as well.

Shit Snacks

I thought I was sure but now I wonder. On my wismec Reuleaux dna250 with the herbievonvapster profiles loaded I only see a resistance on top, a wattage reading in the middle, and a temperature reading on the bottom.

Currently when I swap into the Z profile the resistance setting has a lock on it, and right at this moment when I tried firing it is staying locked at .40. My regular Splinter profile shows .39 followed by an ohms setting.

However, sooner or later when I am using my Z profile the resistance seems to start fluctuating despite having the lock symbol displayed next to it. It seems like this happens about every other day or so. This happened with my customZ as well.

Hmmm strange! Yeah that mod only shows one. I've noticed it can be tricky to set and lock it, so I always need the manual in front of me for a new 510vape on it to properly read cold resistance and lock it without warming it up inadvertently

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hey fellow Splinter fans. Sorry to bust in and promote myself but it was suggested that I post my video to this thread. I have been using my Splinter Z a lot and made this tool to stir and clean the screen between uses. It works even better when stem loading. I'm doing some holiday specials and I'm going to sell these for $10 delivered. If you are interested, PM me.

entirely_foreign

Hey fellow Splinter fans. Sorry to bust in and promote myself but it was suggested that I post my video to this thread. I have been using my Splinter Z a lot and made this tool to stir and clean the screen between uses. It works even better when stem loading. I'm doing some holiday specials and I'm going to sell these for $10 delivered. If you are interested, PM me.

These are gorgeous. Do you have any versions with a tamp tool on one side?

entirely_foreign,
Reactions: RogueGuy

LuLu

looking for a new mod for the splinterZ custom, currently using a wismec w evic software, any suggestions? would want either a dual 18650 or a single 26650, dont want to break 100$, hard to find dna chips, and would something like a geekvape aegis work with continuous fire?

LuLu,

androponic

vaped.
i know but many here have bought them, use the bottle spot as a stash. bottle is not needed and dna 250c for 76 bucks. just the cheapest buy in for that chipset ready to go. plenty of horsepower for a Splinter Z.

Last edited:
androponic,
Reactions: Easywider

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
looking for a new mod for the splinterZ custom, currently using a wismec w evic software, any suggestions? would want either a dual 18650 or a single 26650, dont want to break 100$, hard to find dna chips, and would something like a geekvape aegis work with continuous fire?

i know but many here have bought them, use the bottle spot as a stash. bottle is not needed and dna 250c for 76 bucks. just the cheapest buy in for that chipset ready to go. plenty of horsepower for a Splinter Z.
@androponic has the right understanding: the Drone is a great value in an increasingly hard to find DNA250C and the ergos are a good fit for a Z.
IMG-20191120-165232.jpg

Last edited:

LuLu

any other recommendations? still looking for something smaller then a 3 battery mod size

LuLu,

Shit Snacks

any other recommendations? still looking for something smaller then a 3 battery mod size

If you don't need DNA, try to find a Sinuous P80 for single or Wismec RXGen3Dual for good size

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, the Drone is the box mod equivalent of one of those old school coffee table lighters: comfortable in the hand but you wouldn't want to carry it around. I added a pic to my previous post.

I'm always in favor of putting a Splinter or Z on a rxg3d. I wouldn't recommend a p80 for the Z: it's too power hungry for a single cell mod in my experience.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I'm always in favor of putting a Splinter or Z on a rxg3d. I wouldn't recommend a p80 for the Z: it's too power hungry for a single cell mod in my experience.

^^ This or your Z will have the battery life of a grasshopper (2-3 sessions) That being said the P-80 is a great all around MOD and can be picked up on the cheap. It's a nice one just to have and makes the Z a lot more pocket friendly. You can probably scoop a P-80 and it's duel battery brother for the same price as a DNA mod.

tokenknifeguy

My understanding is that the resistance will change every time you hit it. So for example, before you hit the vape, the resistance might be at .2, but as you hit the vape it will go up and possibly to .3. It is normal. So for like my device it is locked in at .266 but as I hit it, it goes up to .35 or so. I was told this was normal. Every hit, the resistance increases no matter the vape or what, so I believe it to be true.

tokenknifeguy,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes it's precisely the resistance change that enables the temperature control mode. There is no temperature sensor, it's all based on the ohm-meter of the mod.

KeroZen,
Reactions: YaMon

Hammahead

Splinter Z Watt mode was really fine on the Sinuous P80 which was my first mod for it, extra batteries are cheap and readily available so the limited capacity was ok. I jumped on the DNA250c (my sig) only when the price was around 120 Euros shipped and customs cleared to Germany and never regretted it, had I known the difference, I would have paid more. Even the watt mode is more consistent and I'm a sucker for @HerbieVonVapster 's profiles in TC mode. Not sure if TC is more energy-efficient than watt mode in general, but with the dna250c on two batteries I get easily 4-5 times the number of screens vaped out than with the P80 with one battery. Price/performance-wise the P80 is great though, as @Easywider says, "a nice one just to have". I like it with 510 concentrate atomizers and I love the fire button

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Splinter Z Watt mode was really fine on the Sinuous P80 which was my first mod for it, extra batteries are cheap and readily available so the limited capacity was ok. I jumped on the DNA250c (my sig) only when the price was around 120 Euros shipped and customs cleared to Germany and never regretted it, had I known the difference, I would have paid more. Even the watt mode is more consistent and I'm a sucker for @HerbieVonVapster 's profiles in TC mode. Not sure if TC is more energy-efficient than watt mode in general, but with the dna250c on two batteries I get easily 4-5 times the number of screens vaped out than with the P80 with one battery. Price/performance-wise the P80 is great though, as @Easywider says, "a nice one just to have". I like it with 510 concentrate atomizers and I love the fire button
Agreed. I'd drifted away from using my DNAc mods in wattage because Herbie's TC profiles are so money. They really are a treat in wattage too though.

Do you have an rxg3d? I like the size and performance of a V2 on an rxg3d. The flavor can't match a Z but the speedy heat-up and consistency keep mine in rotation.

bossman,
Reactions: YaMon

Shit Snacks

Well I finally got my second custom Z, this time purpleheart on RXdna250 to go with my canarywood on RXgen3Dual.

@RBTcole hooked me up with a very nice new Splinter Z, along with a 14mm wpa and smoked tapered stem (which is really really nice btw!) and some stellar service. Shipping was insanely fast and packed up nice and secure. This was a pretty great deal, hard to believe how much better the value can get here with holiday sales!

Unfortunately I need a new phone to get a decent photo, so will have to update at a later date... As you can see lighting is tricky too, washed out under lamp light, or I can get the color to show in light of oled TV a little:

IMG-20191121-212954172.jpg

IMG-20191121-200316736.jpg

In person it depends on the lighting and angle as well to see the color, purpleheart can be tricky, but worth it to me. I have a couple other pieces to compare it to, including a purpleheart Milaana the other wood Splinters of course, so expect more to come when possible!

IMG-20191121-213307325.jpg

IMG-20191121-200237239.jpg

IMG-20191121-213207638.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Okay have to double post, but it's worth it:

Screenshot-20191122-115815.png

I mean I am very happy with mine, but DAMN lol now a little jealous because I love those curves (which kinda match my two HIs) and she also has two Wenge wood Z's in different shapes!

Well done @khelek41girl, these are truly gorgeous exclusives! Snap em up people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom