Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

david8613

I always take the splinter z and mod apart when not in use, I do this for a couple reasons, no accidental firing, the voopoo mod and splinter with x8ltr stem is really heavy and if dropped or knocked over it can break. I use watts just like summer does, works very well. I have a wesmic 200 dna and never even bothered using it, my voopoo in wattage is great!

Stonedbadger

Ok Ive been rocking the splinter z in wattage mode on my wismec and loving it..

But you also wonder is there more, is there is a better way? so I order a paranormal dna250 mod to try TC,

Any tips on the best way to set this thing up? What settings are people using?

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Ok Ive been rocking the splinter z in wattage mode on my wismec and loving it..

But you also wonder is there more, is there is a better way? so I order a paranormal dna250 mod to try TC,

Any tips on the best way to set this thing up? What settings are people using?

Use escribe on a computer to install the ecigprofile and theme linked in my post from a few pages back. Also find the tab with the puff timer setting and change it from ten to twenty seconds.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/splinter-z-by-rbt.34076/page-103#post-1418759

Stonedbadger

Use escribe on a computer to install the ecigprofile and theme linked in my post from a few pages back. Also find the tab with the puff timer setting and change it from ten to twenty seconds.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/splinter-z-by-rbt.34076/page-103#post-1418759

Thanks for the tips, it has certainly helped me get started.

Im finding TC mode a lot harder to set up. Using the splinter z profile Im getting very wispy hits.

Im not sure if I have loaded the right profile on it or how best to set it up.

What settings do I need to adjust? In TC mode do you still pulse the fire button or just hold it down?

What settings are others using?

Cheers

Last edited:
Stonedbadger,

Chandler

@Stonedbadger I can't help you, but I second the desire for said knowledge. I'll be home tomorrow night to unbox my 250c DNA drone, and a fresh delivery og Gelato. A coveted strain I've yet to try

Chandler,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for the tips, it has certainly helped me get started.

Im finding TC mode a lot harder to set up. Using the splinter z profile Im getting very wispy hits.

Im not sure if I have loaded the right profile on it or how best to set it up.

What settings do I need to adjust? In TC mode do you still pulse the fire button or just hold it down?

What settings are others using?

Cheers

If the Paranormal has the correct HerbieVonVapster ecigprofile (i.e. the Z one for DNAc mods) then you should only need to adjust the resistance until the temp range you want to use is performing how you'd like.

What was the cold ohms reading when your mod first read your Z? If it's .39 when you first connect it and the TC performance is wispy then just bump the resistance to .4ohms and then if that doesn't work try .41.

My ZV1 had more open airflow than my other Splinters and wasn't producing dense vapor until I accepted the initial cold resistance of .475ohms, which is way higher than my other Zs, all of which are in the .4 to .42 range. The ZV1 is dreamy now and I haven't touched any settings apart from the temp.

Do you also have Frank's theme installed? The lock screen is ugly but the main screen puts more useful things right up front.
IMG-20191029-154947.jpg

Herbie also created some cool, warm, and hot material files to use with his ecigprofiles which you can import using escribe and select from where it says "SplinterZ" at the bottom of the screen in the pic above, but I don't want you to get confused or frustrated fucking with those right out of the gate.

So for now just bump the resistance a few times, keeping it unlocked, and then try the same range of temps. A warmed up Z should have no trouble chugging out vapor from fresh weed and with your Paranormal you can run it normal or on the hot side with nothing but a resistance tweak and still have super even TC performance with no hot spots or scorching. It'll just be a matter of personal preference at that point.

If the Z is your Mad Max survival vehicle the resistance is the nitrous noz and you can reach for it whenever you want the heater to be more aggressive.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Chandler ,

My experience with A. Blackwood goes way back, so I can help you out here.

Those are definitely the natural wood resins/oils being forced out of the wood by the heat, as @phattpiggie mentioned.

These resins harden on the surface, but will dissolve in acetone. You can use a few q-tips dipped in acetone to rub off the outside of your splinter, It'll come right off. Your Splinter will appear lighter and duller after this process, because these resins are what help give A. Blackwood its rich deep colour.

You can bring back the natural depth by replacing the resins/oils with another, more neutral, oil.

You're going to want to oil it with something that has a high resistance to rancidity, but that's NOT a drying oil. Meaning, you want an oil that does not harden over time.

You can use something like a high quality olive oil or almond oil. Only apply in small amounts, and wipe clean afterwards. There are other oils that might work as well, google non-drying oils for Oboes/bagpipes made from A. Blackwood. Those guys know their shit.

This should counteract the shock of having it's natural preservative resins striped by the acetone.

Word of warning: Stripping the resins from any wood can lead to a susceptibility to environmental changes, and therefor cracking. Follow my advice at your own risk. Because the resins are already on the outer surface of the wood, I believe the above fix is your best case scenario.

Anyhow, you should be back to normal in no time, good luck!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Leave the moderating to the staff. Warning point issued for continued trolling.
@phattpiggie @KeroZen @Stu
If you would like to discuss the merits of wood please open a thread about it

@phattpiggie: that's one advantage of the Splinter/Milaana/Zion over their direct competition, the heater and complete air path are surrounded by a glass tube (the base of the standard taper GonG joint), there's no wood directly exposed to the vapor, just a minimal surface where cold air enters.

Now if you use a wooden stem, that's a different story. I don't like those personally, for many reasons, including the one you cited.

P.A.M.,

Stonedbadger

If the Paranormal has the correct HerbieVonVapster ecigprofile (i.e. the Z one for DNAc mods) then you should only need to adjust the resistance until the temp range you want to use is performing how you'd like.

What was the cold ohms reading when your mod first read your Z? If it's .39 when you first connect it and the TC performance is wispy then just bump the resistance to .4ohms and then if that doesn't work try .41.

My ZV1 had more open airflow than my other Splinters and wasn't producing dense vapor until I accepted the initial cold resistance of .475ohms, which is way higher than my other Zs, all of which are in the .4 to .42 range. The ZV1 is dreamy now and I haven't touched any settings apart from the temp.

Do you also have Frank's theme installed? The lock screen is ugly but the main screen puts more useful things right up front.
IMG-20191029-154947.jpg

Herbie also created some cool, warm, and hot material files to use with his ecigprofiles which you can import using escribe and select from where it says "SplinterZ" at the bottom of the screen in the pic above, but I don't want you to get confused or frustrated fucking with those right out of the gate.

So for now just bump the resistance a few times, keeping it unlocked, and then try the same range of temps. A warmed up Z should have no trouble chugging out vapor from fresh weed and with your Paranormal you can run it normal or on the hot side with nothing but a resistance tweak and still have super even TC performance with no hot spots or scorching. It'll just be a matter of personal preference at that point.

If the Z is your Mad Max survival vehicle the resistance is the nitrous noz and you can reach for it whenever you want the heater to be more aggressive.

Thanks for your help, Ive got it working very nicely now!

Do you just hold the fire button down or pulse it?

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: david8613

Psyentist

That's well said. I have that wenge Drone combo too and I couldn't be happier with it.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I love the wenge Z on the drone. End game vape for me. Well, at least until the Zion M is released, hah. Seems to have gone a bit quite though. The last IG vid I saw of Ryan he was talking again about a home unit based on the driftwood. Now that will interesting!

Chandler

Hmm. So I'm pretty terrible at figuring this out. I've got escribe software open. I chose load profile from bottom left corner. I load the ecig file I had downloaded... I switch to the themes tab, chose load theme, then I chose the Frank's theme and select ok... My computer shows the Franks theme, but nothing changes on my mod. I've loaded the theme but nada. How do I know if the herbievonvapter profile is actually on there? It doesn't mention that title anywhere?

Replay. What mode should be used? Nickel, titanium, ss316, kanthal, replay? I'm so confused But I know it's simple

EDIT**

I've got it... Upload settings to device!
Now I need to fivhre out what settings work. Thanks

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hmm. So I'm pretty terrible at figuring this out. I've got escribe software open. I chose load profile from bottom left corner. I load the ecig file I had downloaded... I switch to the themes tab, chose load theme, then I chose the Frank's theme and select ok... My computer shows the Franks theme, but nothing changes on my mod. I've loaded the theme but nada. How do I know if the herbievonvapter profile is actually on there? It doesn't mention that title anywhere?

Replay. What mode should be used? Nickel, titanium, ss316, kanthal, replay? I'm so confused But I know it's simple

EDIT**

I've got it... Upload settings to device!
Now I need to fivhre out what settings work. Thanks
Good work. Find the tab in escribe to bump the puff timer to twenty seconds too while you're at it.

Chandler

Find the tab in escribe to bump the puff timer to twenty seconds too while you're at it
done!
I played with the ohms setting and I was asked 'resample coil' yes/no.
It wouldn't let me chose no. So I guess that's normal to resample the coil?

Chandler,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
done!
I played with the ohms setting and I was asked 'resample coil' yes/no.
It wouldn't let me chose no. So I guess that's normal to resample the coil?
There's a place to turn off the "check atomizer" option so it doesn't keep bugging you about that. It can be persistent otherwise, yeah.

bossman,
Reactions: Chandler
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom