Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxPlorer

There was an interesting bit of information that came out of one of Ryan's livestreams this weekend.

Thanks for sharing! Seems like the best RBT information is shared on Instagram, which is unfortunate for me, having recently completed extended divorce proceedings with Evilcorp.

Is that four different Milaanas in the background?? Nice! Do you have an opinion on the RBT tapered stems?

RxPlorer,
Reactions: seki

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
After my Z cooked and left a gross film and Smokey (just like a wood smoker) I just haven’t been able to get the smell to fade. I have pm’d @khelek41girl about the possibility of repair along with a few other units with other issues. Haven’t heard back yet but I’m not sure if she’s still active here anymore, has anyone had recent interaction?

in the meantime I decided to pick up a Zv2 while they were on sale. I probably should have held off as my funds are real tight these days but I think that it was still a great price for the performance. My Z had previously had some issues with consistent extractions at times, but so far this Zv2 is a rock solid performer and I’m wondering how much I’d notice a difference, if at all between the Zv2 and a custom Z at this juncture. @Shit Snacks, you’re probably among those who I imagine have used both.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get my Z looked at and repaired at some point and I’ll be able to roll the two side by side.

Nope, never tried any ZV, just my Custom Z and V2... I think @bossman has both though?

I have both. I've said it before; my v1z is my DD, performs at least as well as the custom wenge Z. Maybe a little less soul, but I wanna get high, not just stare into its eyes...
not to say the custom's aren't worth the dough: custom car vs production model...

Yeah, my experience is consistent with @eideal852: my ZV2 and ZV1 are a bit more even than my custom Zs. Most of my Splinters are on dna mods so the difference is not at all dramatic.

@seki thanks for that update. I'll be curious to learn more about any sort of Splinter 2.

Chandler

Dos? Trying to figure out this Zv2! Nice results do far. Different strains vape very different in this one. Questionable results, then back to previous strain n cloud city. Nice effects.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't know why but the measly 1200mah built-in lipo on this bro-y dna250 works great with both my V2 and wenge Z:

https://www.flawlessvapeshop.com/collections/hardware/products/flawless-tuglyfe-dna-250w-box-mod

Not sure if the Hardware10 code is still good for ten percent off. If the code still works then it's $65 shipped.

I originally emailed them asking to cancel my order once I noticed the small battery size but it had already shipped. Turns out it uses less than 10% of its battery per bowl and doesn't feel any more high maintenance to keep charged than my two cell 18650 dna mods. The two amp charging is convenient too.

RxPlorer

I don't know why but the measly 1200mah built-in lipo on this bro-y dna250 works great with both my V2 and wenge Z:

https://www.flawlessvapeshop.com/collections/hardware/products/flawless-tuglyfe-dna-250w-box-mod

Not sure if the Hardware10 code is still good for ten percent off. If the code still works then it's $65 shipped.

I originally emailed them asking to cancel my order once I noticed the small battery size but it had already shipped. Turns out it uses less than 10% of its battery per bowl and doesn't feel any more high maintenance to keep charged than my two cell 18650 dna mods. The two amp charging is convenient too.

what wattages are you using it at? Impressive price for a dna 250.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: david8613

someTooL

Look what came today! Absolutely blown away by the cosmetics of this. Big problem though, it came a day early so I have to wait on my batteries to charge :mental: Thanks @RBTcole for the hand written note too! It’s service and quality like this that makes me preorder the Milaana 3!

DD344475-2-C4-C-4405-9663-D274389-E36-F8.jpg

Edit: Batteries charged and so am I. Wattage mode only so far, but this thing is a beast!

Last edited:

Trackrat

There was an interesting bit of information that came out of one of Ryan's livestreams this weekend. While discussing the Milaana 3, he briefly looked ahead and mentioned working on the upcoming Seed and Splinter 2. I asked if plans for Splinter 2 also included a Splinter Z 2 as well, and if I'm remembering correctly, his response was something along the lines of planning to integrate the the Splinter and the Z, but make it modular or configurable somehow. I think he mentioned eliminating the glue, but I'm not sure if that was from the stream or from the Splinter 2 thread here. Plans for this are still up in the air and subject to change of course, but I thought it was an intriguing idea nonetheless.

I would love to see a Dyna-Builder type application for Splinters. Choose and customize your own heater, wood type, glass colour and number of intake holes.

I actually ordered what seemed to be the last two PVFS shorties, but I've already shattered one :(. This was several months ago. I also sent in a message asking if they were getting any more in stock shortly after ordering, but never got a response back.

I got the long one with a Milaana I bought not too long ago:
pvfs-stems.jpg

They're ok, but I don't think using dosing caps with RBT vapes is worth the trouble generally. I feel like you hinder performance somewhat by using them.

Since I'm posting pics:
z-mods.jpg

I've been running my Z's on power mode using the vTwo Mini and have been getting excellent results at 36w. I just got the double barrel today and so far at 36w it feels a little sluggish in comparison, but does a nice job. It's really heavy, a touch on the uncomfortable side for me, but it looks as if I'll be able to get really good battery life in a relavtively small package.
There was an interesting bit of information that came out of one of Ryan's livestreams this weekend. While discussing the Milaana 3, he briefly looked ahead and mentioned working on the upcoming Seed and Splinter 2. I asked if plans for Splinter 2 also included a Splinter Z 2 as well, and if I'm remembering correctly, his response was something along the lines of planning to integrate the the Splinter and the Z, but make it modular or configurable somehow. I think he mentioned eliminating the glue, but I'm not sure if that was from the stream or from the Splinter 2 thread here. Plans for this are still up in the air and subject to change of course, but I thought it was an intriguing idea nonetheless.

I would love to see a Dyna-Builder type application for Splinters. Choose and customize your own heater, wood type, glass colour and number of intake holes.

I actually ordered what seemed to be the last two PVFS shorties, but I've already shattered one :(. This was several months ago. I also sent in a message asking if they were getting any more in stock shortly after ordering, but never got a response back.

I got the long one with a Milaana I bought not too long ago:
pvfs-stems.jpg

They're ok, but I don't think using dosing caps with RBT vapes is worth the trouble generally. I feel like you hinder performance somewhat by using them.

Since I'm posting pics:
z-mods.jpg

I've been running my Z's on power mode using the vTwo Mini and have been getting excellent results at 36w. I just got the double barrel today and so far at 36w it feels a little sluggish in comparison, but does a nice job. It's really heavy, a touch on the uncomfortable side for me, but it looks as if I'll be able to get really good battery life in a relavtively small package.
I also have been getting best results with my custom z and vTwo Mini at 36w.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

FLelder ent

I have been a ZV2 owner for 11-12 days now, still trying to fine tune the process, and dial in the box mod settings. To date, I’ve only used it in wattage mode,K.I.S.S., settling in on 40 watts, giving a 5-10 sec. preheat, and then drawing for about 10 seconds. I get roughly 2-4 decent hits from a .08g bowl. I highly recommend stirring the bowl after the first 2 hits, it makes a big difference. I’m using a dual battery box mod, and have to change the batteries approx. every 3 days. The dual battery box mod and ZV2 have some weight to them, a 1 battery box mod wouldn’t last me very long, and a 3 battery box mod would be on the heavy side. I’m fine with the short stems; I think the long ones would make the piece too long and too fragile.

So my big question is about software…myevic, surmyevic,and Arctic Fox. I have a Wismec Reuleaux gen 3 dual….does loading it negate the factory warranty? Can you go back to original firmware? Was it worth the effort to you and why? Which software do you recommend for my box mod?I feel like the ZV2 is capable of more than I have yet to achieve so far. Thanks :peace:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have been a ZV2 owner for 11-12 days now, still trying to fine tune the process, and dial in the box mod settings. To date, I’ve only used it in wattage mode,K.I.S.S., settling in on 40 watts, giving a 5-10 sec. preheat, and then drawing for about 10 seconds. I get roughly 2-4 decent hits from a .08g bowl. I highly recommend stirring the bowl after the first 2 hits, it makes a big difference. I’m using a dual battery box mod, and have to change the batteries approx. every 3 days. The dual battery box mod and ZV2 have some weight to them, a 1 battery box mod wouldn’t last me very long, and a 3 battery box mod would be on the heavy side. I’m fine with the short stems; I think the long ones would make the piece too long and too fragile.

So my big question is about software…myevic, surmyevic,and Arctic Fox. I have a Wismec Reuleaux gen 3 dual….does loading it negate the factory warranty? Can you go back to original firmware? Was it worth the effort to you and why? Which software do you recommend for my box mod?I feel like the ZV2 is capable of more than I have yet to achieve so far. Thanks :peace:
The firmware options are all good and you can restore your rxg3d to original firmware if you want.

Consider getting a dna mod too at some point. I have every Splinter model and the ZV2 is probably the best performer. They're all so good and hit different on different mods so it's hard to pick a favorite.

RxPlorer

Lost Vape Drone dna250c at EightVape for $94 shipped after code 7BP6GF4

https://www.eightvape.com/products/lost-vape-drone-bf-dna250c-squonk-mod?sscid=a1k3_ep658

Vaporl has the silver and amber colorway for $84 preorder from a Hong Kong warehouse.

I know this isn't on topic but so many new Splinter heads ask us for mod recommendations and it's rare to find a good deal on a DNA250C these days.

@bossman are you using the Lost Vape Drone yourself? It looks like a squonk mod (with internal juice bottle), so I wouldn't have thought it's a good choice for dry herb 510's.

RxPlorer,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman are you using the Lost Vape Drone yourself? It looks like a squonk mod (with internal juice bottle), so I wouldn't have thought it's a good choice for dry herb 510's.
No, I ordered one just because I'm down for a $90 dna250c and have more Splinters than dna mods. I'll let FC now how it compares to other offerings when it arrives but it's practically a moot point these days scarce as dna mods have become.

eideal852

What I hoped seems to be true: regular dry herb (splinter) can go on top no issue, and ditch the squonk bottle for a stash spot to boot (so ive been told..)

Sensory Leaf

I
https://www.gascityvapes.com/produc...-squonk-dna250c-tc-mod?variant=16176561127496

Lost vape squonk DNA 250c. $169 CAD. Cheapest I've seen so far in CAD.
what's a squonk? Should I avoid this one perhaps because of that?
I use this exact mod for my Z... Squonk is for ecig; you fill a bottle (contained in the mod) with eliquid, and squeeze the bottle, to load juice to your tank (simplified explanation, but that's irrelevant) I just ignore the bottle, or you could take it out, and store some screens there

Chandler

@Sensory Leaf nice! Thanks for the explanation. Does that bottle increase the size of the mod to the point of ungainlyness? I assume your satisfied with the lost vape squonk?!
What temp or watts do you run your Z?

I'll keep looking for a cheaper 250c ,but they're expensive out here! If I don't find anything then squonk it is!

Sensory Leaf

The bottle has a footprint the size of an 18650... Obviously size is subjective, I personally like it; I can stand my mod/splinter up,with very little chance of it toppling over, due to the size/shape of the mod.
I have the custom profiles/tcr all setup, but I NEVER use it, I use 45w and get an even, full extraction in 2/3 hits, just how I like it

seki

After my Z cooked and left a gross film and Smokey (just like a wood smoker) I just haven’t been able to get the smell to fade. I have pm’d @khelek41girl about the possibility of repair along with a few other units with other issues. Haven’t heard back yet but I’m not sure if she’s still active here anymore, has anyone had recent interaction?

in the meantime I decided to pick up a Zv2 while they were on sale. I probably should have held off as my funds are real tight these days but I think that it was still a great price for the performance. My Z had previously had some issues with consistent extractions at times, but so far this Zv2 is a rock solid performer and I’m wondering how much I’d notice a difference, if at all between the Zv2 and a custom Z at this juncture. @Shit Snacks, you’re probably among those who I imagine have used both.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get my Z looked at and repaired at some point and I’ll be able to roll the two side by side.

I was able to contact @khelek41girl directly via email regarding a repair several weeks ago. If I recall correctly it was a day or two after Ryan had announced the change with respect to warranty repair and customer service. Currently warranty service is still handled by Ryan, but will be handed off shortly to @khelek41girl for servicing American customers, and I believe there was mention of people in Canada who will be doing repairs as well. I believe the idea is that Ryan will be visiting her on his trip out west and will be finalizing plans for handing off warranty repair at that point or shortly after. According to Ryan's livestream today, he's a few weeks away from starting his trip and she's his first stop.

I have a Custom Z and a Zv2 and I do notice a difference between the two. I've only been using them for a few weeks so I don't have enough experience to know if this is just normal variation between Splinters or whether this is something else entirely. I've also only used wattage mode exclusively. Having said that, I think I might actually prefer my Splinter v2 over both of them at this point. All this is subject to change of course as I've had nowhere near enough time with any of them to make an informed judgement. I will say that between the three of them, the Zv2 has the thinnest glass. I don't know how much of a difference that makes with respect to performance.
splinter.jpg

@Sensory Leaf nice! Thanks for the explanation. Does that bottle increase the size of the mod to the point of ungainlyness? I assume your satisfied with the lost vape squonk?!
What temp or watts do you run your Z?

I'll keep looking for a cheaper 250c ,but they're expensive out here! If I don't find anything then squonk it is!

Not a 250c and not cheaper, and not even available (yet), but I've been considering this one:
20191004-SERIES-B-DNA-75-Weblisting-Top.png

https://www.jacvapour.com/dna75

Designed and made in the UK. Is that a plus when it comes to electronics? Not sure. But it looks nice and comes out to about $120cad with shipping. It's a little pricey, but at the upper limit of what I find reasonable. I struggle with the fact that getting taxed additionally is a crapshoot and would not make the purchase worth it in my mind.

Last edited:

Chandler

$99 USD for the squanch. $169 CAD. Everything gotta be so expensive here!

Cot dayum. 45w? 36w? Ive come close to combust at 32w!...
I'm a try 35w right now

@seki $120CAD? That's not bad considering every DNA 250c I've come across costs damn near $199CAD

Chandler,

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
And after a few sessions, behind the small screen ...
:love:Oh yes, that's hash! :p

TiSteamo,

Megaton

Mah works differently for lipos as they run at a higher voltage than individual 18650 cells, so a lower mah may still be more milliamp hours than you would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom