Sorry! Another Which Vape is right for me thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fLax13

I've been reading around and can't find recommendations that fit my needs exactly, so I thought I might ask you guys :). Im looking at purchasing my first vape. Im a realatively inexperienced mj smoker and have only hit j's a couple of times. Now i'm lookin to buy my first smoking accesory and a vape seems just right, healthier than anything else, and a wide variety of options to choose from. Initially I was inclined on buying a water pipe, but the lack of concealability and the unhealthy smoke seemed to be an issue for me. This is why I've decided to look at Vapes. I'm still in High School so stealth/concealability is almost a #1 priority for me. Beyond that I would like a nice starter vape that I can learn with. I am ok with a decent learning curve as some of my friends can teach me different tricks etc. My price range is around 150. I've looked at the Purple Daze and it looks pretty good, but the fact that it takes a looong time for it to prep is a big con for me. I also looked at the VaporGenie which seems like a very good option for me as I like the portability and am not a huge fan of plug in stuff, though I will go that direction if it is that good. However, the VaporGenie sounds difficult to start out with and ive only heard bad things about conduction heating.

Sorry about being pretty long winded and TIA. Any suggestions, comments or flames are appreciated :)

fLax13,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
as a person who was in almost the exact same situation as you, i reccomend the purple days, its a solid choice with absolutely top notch customer service that is unsurpassed in the vape industry (and most other industries too)

beyond that its built like a fucking tank, and if you want to hide it, just toos some incense in the aroma cap and it can pass off as a ~$15-20 electronic diffuser
im in a household that is not 420 frienly, even though i do use mostly for medicinal reasons (im 18 and have social anxiety and bipolar disorder) i leave my unit out in the open, it hasnt drawn a single glance from parents, and doesnt get touched when my mom comes in my room to "clean"

even furthermore, its efficiency is unsurpassed by any other vape, one bowl gets me good and toasty for an hour and a half, and thats only 0.03g of herb, yes, you read right, and its not a typo, 0.03g
ive only had it for several months and i already think its paid itsself off

Acolyte of Zinglon,

fLax13

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
as a person who was in almost the exact same situation as you, i reccomend the purple days, its a solid choice with absolutely top notch customer service that is unsurpassed in the vape industry (and most other industries too)

beyond that its built like a fucking tank, and if you want to hide it, just toos some incense in the aroma cap and it can pass off as a ~$15-20 electronic diffuser
im in a household that is not 420 frienly, even though i do use mostly for medicinal reasons (im 18 and have social anxiety and bipolar disorder) i leave my unit out in the open, it hasnt drawn a single glance from parents, and doesnt get touched when my mom comes in my room to "clean"

even furthermore, its efficiency is unsurpassed by any other vape, one bowl gets me good and toasty for an hour and a half, and thats only 0.03g of herb, yes, you read right, and its not a typo, 0.03g
ive only had it for several months and i already think its paid itsself off
Wow, .03g is crazy. No, dont get me wrong, the purple daze seems like a great product but the long warm up time is pretty off putting. Do you no a way around that problem? (besides leaving it plugged in of course)

fLax13,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
its not a problem at all, it stays plugged in 24/7 as an aromatherapy diffuser with no problem, it only draws 8W, your cfl light bulb draws about 25w most likely, just to put that in context

Acolyte of Zinglon,

fLax13

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
its not a problem at all, it stays plugged in 24/7 as an aromatherapy diffuser with no problem, it only draws 8W, your cfl light bulb draws about 25w most likely, just to put that in context
Yea, I'm not concerned about the energy consumption as much as leaving it out in the open. I realize that it can serve as a aromatherapy diffuser but as I have not been into anything like that in the past, my parents would get mighty suspicious so It might be best for me not to leave it plugged in at all. Put I am pretty much sold on the PD as this seems to be the only drawback. Thanks for your suggestions bro and I hope the MJ helps u keep your conditions in check. I have very mild ADHD, not enough to get prescription for any meds, but still I often struggle to concentrate at school... though that may be b/c of other factors lol.

fLax13,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Have you looked at the i-inhale? It's pretty new so reliability is unproven, but I don't think it gets any more stealth than that. There are a couple good threads on it here.

KeepCalm,

max

Out to lunch
Yea, I'm not concerned about the energy consumption as much as leaving it out in the open.
Why don't you leave it plugged in but not out in the open?

KeepCalm's suggestion of the I-inhale is also a good one. Despite the relentless trashing of the unit and the company by a poster I won't name :rolleyes:, this is a solid product from a company with 20+ years experience in gas powered tools. Long term reliability remains to be seen, but mine works great and I bought it as soon as it hit the market-2 yr. warranty too (unless you take it apart). The Inhale is the ultimate stealth vape, with the exception of the $450 VM3.

max,

Purple-Days

Problem is, Mr. Days won't sell to a minor.

And while we appreciate his interest and other's enthusiasm, our product is for adults only. :cool:

fLax13, please don't ask us to sell you one till you reach the proper age.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeah flax, I love mj, but as a parent, I can't in good conscience give you advise on how to break the law and deceive your parents. I look forward to helping you when you are of age.

I'm going to close this thread for liability's sake.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom