So after nearly 3 weeks of no combustion.. I smoked last night.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
And it was fucking AWFUL. Halfway through the blunt I couldn't hit it anymore because of the harsh and overpowering taste of weed/tobacco smoke. The first time in history I passed up a free spliff and it shows I have been spoiled by my vape. Vaping is the only way I will enjoy my cannabis from now on.

Anybody else smoked and realized that was a complete waste of time/bud/health/ etc?

tranceporter,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I can only combust hash and/or tobacco (long time tobacco smoker trying to quit), as I've NEVER been able to combust weed in a spliff/pipe/bong because it sets my bronch's a crying and is why I've just ordered a Solo to replace my Iolite.

With great hopes, I'm praying the hash/concentrates will vape in the Solo as it seems that my constant hash smoking (I luvs da hash), pulls me back into smoking cigarettes. And I'm sick & tired of constantly hacking my brains out in the morning, stinking, and being a slave to an overpriced gouging market.

smokum,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I used to smoke about 15-20 fags a day (cigs, not gays) or the equivalent in tobacco/weed joints until around 3 1/2 years ago now (wow, that long already). But just this last week I've combusted several times accidentally, for the first time in at least a year. I hate it. I've picked up a new lighter based vape, and it's got one design issue IMO and a terrible learning curve. I'm gonna give it another week to get the hang of, probably another 30 bowls, before I review it, but if I'm still smoking with it by then I'll be returning it (I was cunnning and got this agreed before purchase). 60 bowls is enough to waste learning technique. It's hard work 'cos I'm having to clean it out fully with ISO each time, as for some reason since I've given up combusting I've become a bit OCD about the awful smoke taste and smell. Fuck combustion indeed.

WatTyler,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Oh, I feel your pain DrPiff! It's gotten so that I'll pass rather than combust. What really surprised me, though, was how fast I didn't like combusting. I tried a week after changing over and it was already nasty. It's been about 1 1/2 years now for me. I'd never go back.

You know smokum, there are ways to use hash in a vape. One way is to sandwich it between two layers of herb in a whip vape. Okay, and now the mom in me is coming out, the only way to stop smoking cigarettes is....to stop smoking cigarettes. It's a damn hard thing to do, but doable. If you switch over to vapor exclusively, it will be much easier, IMO.

momofthegoons,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
LoL..... I lasted 3.5 months no smoking but using an e-cig, that is... until my lawsuit court sesssions started up again.

I've been smoking for 36 yrs (the last 4yrs @ 3 ppd since my accident), so ANY reduction seems like a plus to me at this point.

I'll get back on track again...... wonder what happened to my willpower with my brain injury, lol

smokum,
see I used to smoke before vaping so I have this nice illy glycerine coil staring at me everynight to combust :uhoh:

and my little log vape has to compete against that. david and goliath.

biojuggernaut,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
My daily vapes are the MFLB and the EQ. I still hit a bong multiple times per day though, but no joint smoking.

Combustion bonging will likely take a backseat when the Vapexhale is released.

Tom

tdavie,

weedemon

enthusiast
good on you DrPiff!

i agree smoke tastes nasty. I will only hit it if i do not want to turn down the person who is offering. or hit it once and then just pass it on.

vapor is the clear choice imo. and i agree it's way less harsh on the throat and lungs.

weedemon,

fidget

Going to the pub tonight with a couple of my friends who both still combust (one of them also vapes).
They'll be chain smoking joints outside but there's not a chance I will combust.
Been 18 months since I last combusted and just the idea makes me feel sick.
About to blow a thick bag on my Q before I go.

fidget,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After not smoking weed for about 6 months (vape only), I tried to smoke a joint that my dispensary gave me as a freebie. After two hits I turned green and felt like puking. I put it out and thought I could salvage the unsmoked part of the joint (about 80% was left). BIG MISTAKE!! The rest of the weed still tasted like ass in my vaporizer and I ended up throwing it away along with the whip tubing.

I can't imagine returning to the savage practice of lighting my herb on fire again!

:peace:

Stu,

eddyfrancis

Haha, that is so true. I never realized how primitive smoking is now that we're in the 21st century.

eddyfrancis,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i still crave combustion every once in awhile to get that full spectrum of THC/CBD/CBN goodness. when at home i almost always vaporize, but when out with some friends (who only combust) i will likely smoke with them. also i left my herb grinder in my friends car yesterday so today i've been lighting up as i cannot grind up the herb finely enough just by breaking it apart.

stroh,

Nycdeisel

Yup, I often regret the rare occasion that I still smoke, even if its to make a friend happy, or christen someones new pipe or something like that. I find smoking to be much too harsh, unpleasant, and wasteful for me to relax and enjoy it like I can with vapor, and in the end, smoking barely gets me high nowadays! :uhoh:

vapor ftw :science:

Nycdeisel,

crawdad

floatin
stroh said:
i still crave combustion every once in awhile to get that full spectrum of THC/CBD/CBN goodness. when at home i almost always vaporize, but when out with some friends (who only combust) i will likely smoke with them.

i do the same thing and have found that vaping at very high temp produces that combustion effect of the herb without the effect of smoke inhalation, least for me it has.

crawdad,

SmokingElectricity

I took a hit off a blunt last week, making it the first time I combusted in about 8 months...

Tasted like shit and thought I was smoking a sharpie marker. I don't care if I come off high & mighty, next time someone offers me to partake in actual smoking I will decline. :|

SmokingElectricity,

djonkoman

I do prefer vaping, the high is superior and the experience nicer, but combustion is fine with me tooif it's easier to combust(with friends, outside, windy etc)
unfortunatly my friends are even worse... they not only combust, but do it in joints together with tobacco
and I've never liked tobacco.. tastes nasty, is really harsh and the effect sucks

djonkoman,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Combustion tastes like nasty, smokey, disgusting .... Gross. This is after combusting kind buds for about 15 years though nice glass and experiencing what I thought was good flavor and taste.
Whole new world. I pass up finger sized spliffs of super dank buds cause I just can't stand it.
I miss passing bowls and spliffs and the social interaction and connection of sharing some fire but.....I can't bear it, gross.
I feel like a snob, but too bad they are missing out on tasty tasty clean and effective vapor.
My lungs love me.

Irie,

djonkoman

I don't have those taste-problems... combustion hits always were tasteless with a hint of ash/burning to me and still are, never really tasted much weed before my first vaping experience, only after knowing the taste from vaping I knew what was the weed and what the combustion so now I can on some ocassions also discern the weedtaste when combusting(only with light green hits tough, only ticking it with the flaame then pulling on the little bit of cherry till it dies)
and with vaping it's also often almost tasteless to me(my sense of smell isn't that good)

djonkoman,

Sour Deez

My experience is the same as everyone else. Use to love smoking, use to think i could taste the bud, use to think I got high, use to think i was the man. Vaping has changed my perspective on all that, but im still the man :cool:

When Im over my buddy's house and they are packing it up in the bong, bowl after bowl after bowl. I always partake, everytime i packed it up, im putting all this bud in and im just like damnnn this would last me alllll day.

And the worst part is, all my buddys are like incapacitated on the couch and im just sitting there thinkin how high i could actually be if i vaped instead.

I noticed vaping has made my tolerance go up, but i still use sooo much less herb then when i use to combust. But everytime i combust, i must not be getting near the amount of actives i do when i vape, cause i hardly feel high, crazyness.

Sour Deez,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I still enjoy ripping the bong with some hemp wick from time to time... But the taste is never even comparable to vaporizing... I just kinda miss it sometimes, the fat exhales and whatnot.

It does get crazy harsh when you don't smoke and only vape, primarily... I definitely don't miss the choking part ha.

Plus a lot of my friends have no interest in vaping, so when we are all together, the herb gets burned.

wake n blake,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
New to vapes, 3 weeks in. Used top smoke joints with tobacco (audience gasps in horror!). Tried my first joint since and was horrified. Tasted like ass and made my clothes stink. For me it's a big NO! from now on, regardless of it being rude to refuse. I'll just hit my MFLB and be the lone ranger in the room!

J.R.R.Tokin',

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I smoke once or twice a week, pretty much only with friends who are smoking.

Not counting hash

CentiZen,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I grew so unfond of smoke that i no longer visit place where someone is smoking :). I also hate the smell of burning wood.. It is a very popular for warming during the winter around here , like people haven't discovered yet air conditioners LOL... And like there is no electric stove so you must boil your pickles and tomato juice on the yard,making everyone posioned with CO ..
I wouldn't even let a girl suck my d*** if she is a smoker :D...

Abysmal Vapor,

gadabout

I just switched to vaping. And I see no need to combust now. I have been on ecigs for 2 years now..and hv wanted a vaporizer since. So..i finally did research..and chose a mflb. I was nervous bout the different affects ppl say you miss out on by vaping. But to my surprise..i was ripped!!!! I love it. Now thanks to puff it up..the mflb..and the community here..i am now totally smoke free! And at 40...hopefully alls im gaining is more life.

Top Bottom