Smooth/Cool Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
You need to eliminate water filtration for this to be a question worth asking, since any number of vapes would be equally smooth/cool when used with water.

max,

lwien

I would think that any bag based vape would be easier on your throat than a direct draw or whip based vape being that you get a higher air to vapor ratio and the vape is allowed to cool a bit more than hitting it thru a whip.

lwien,

sundaddy

You know, I thought the same thing but I Googled "volcano + dry throat" and there were a lot of people talking about it also drying you out. I dunno, I water filtrate, and still get extremely dry mouth.

sundaddy,

marcuss

above the clouds
dry mouth can eventually happen when you vaporize oils in your lungs.....even when you water filter...weed's oils have hidroscopic effect to your lungs walls...that's why sometime you cough!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
I've found that taking in a larger volume of air irritates my throat more than thick vapor, which is more of a lung issue for me. So for me it's a 'dry throat' thing that bothers me. Bagged vapor doesn't bother me much unless I get too agressive with my hits, but the vapes that have dried my throat out the worst have been the V-Tower (using the cyclone bowl) and the Vapor Snake. Both have wider airways (thus more incoming air vs. vapor) than something like the SSV, which I find gives me virtually no throat irritation but can overtax my lungs if I'm not careful. So for me, the vapes with tubing, for cooling distance, and with high vapor/air ratios (like the SSV), allow the vapor to get past my throat without drying it out.
marcuss said:
dry mouth can eventually happen when you vaporize oils in your lungs.....even when you water filter...weed's oils have hidroscopic effect to your lungs walls...that's why sometime you cough!
Yeah, dry mouth (or cotton mouth) and throat irritation (during a hit) are two different things.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I don't think there's one unit that's smother than anything else out there. Using the right technique you can get smooth hits with pretty much any vape.

Try lower temperatures and take smaller hits. An ice cube in your mouth for the vapor to pass over can help.

Are you sure the dry mouth isn't from the cannabis? Have a drink. :)

vtac,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
PD + whip tubing is extremely cool.

I only use 1-1.5 foot tops and the heat is virtually non-existent.

Chubba,

Beezleb

Outside of a bag vape, I would probably say go with a temperature variable vaporizer if heat is an issue for you if you do not want to incorporate a water filter or chiller like a bong.

By being able to vape at lower temperatures and adjust from their finding your ideal spot is the best advice I can give to temperature sensitive vapist.

Some general helpful tips:
Take a sip of something cold before taking each vape.
Rinse the mouthpiece in cold water before a vape session.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I found the volcano harsher than my extreme whippin however my homie whos volcano it was could have been blowing them at a higher temp but they tasted delicious and got me wrreecked.

Point is though, bag vapes, not neccesarily better for the throat. I'm curious if you guys are speaking from experience or just based on the assumption that the vapor would cool in the bag.

bluntfaced,

sundaddy

I think I have found the solution to the problem. I ran a 7" piece of silicone tubing off the small IO stem ( just the one piece no extensions) into a tall pill bottle (cylindrical about 6" tall) like a bong. I put a hole in the side about 2" up from the bottom, exact size of the tube. Put tube down hole at an angle 'till it hits the bottom corner. Then in the lid of the bottle, drill a hole (again exact size so as it's air tight) for another piece of tubing (preferably smaller diameter tubing 1/4" wide or so). Put a tube in there just far enough to barely be coming out the other side. Here's the part that made the difference. Put hot water (hot enough to put off a little steam,not boiling hot) in the bottle up to the bottom of the first tube hole. Place lid on, now there is about 4" of space for the "steam" to gather. Hit it slow, and man, the moisture this adds to the hit feels wonderful, as opposed to the sahara dessert hit that you get normally. It's important to have that space for steam to build up, this wouldn't be possible with an open top bong. Try it man, this shit is smooth as fuck and no dryness whatsoever.

sundaddy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom