small Bubbler for the Vapcap

seki

I'm looking to purchase my first glass piece. I've used a bunch over the years, but I've never actually owned or bought one.

I'm mainly looking to use it with Vapcaps, and need something small and discreet. I've narrowed it down to a few choices. If anyone's got any experience with these, I'd appreciate any insight you have into their function.

Grav Upright Pocket Bubbler
https://grav.com/collections/bubblers/products/upright-pocket-bubbler
media_d3d82caa-f1a4-42b3-9e59-ae1d4ff6554a.jpg

Grav Spherical Pocket Bubbler
https://grav.com/collections/bubblers/products/spherical-pocket-bubbler
media_3c0acbb6-42ba-4d73-a2af-1b2feddfc79a.jpg

Nexus Puck
https://nexuscannabisco.com/collections/pucks/products/puck-small-black-lip-1
Photo065_1200_9bb3de19-793a-4258-9520-b65929ea3bde_540x.jpg

I am also considering the mini glass beaker bong posted by @7oli5
https://www.dhgate.com/product/mini-glass-beaker-bongs-water-pipes-4-0-inch/392465041.html

Does anyone know if there is a North American shop that makes these beaker bongs? I've had some bad experiences ordering other items from China and would prefer to avoid if possible.

@Ramahs, do you have any experience with the Martian? I've never seen one before, and it seems like they were designed to use with joints, but also look as if they can accommodate a VC.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@seki my (unsolicited) advice from your list is option #1: GRAV upright pocket bubbler over the other two for the simple reason it will put the hot end of your vapcap further away from your face and hair. I really like the spherical bubbler as well and it might be a good one, wish that mp was just a bit longer & bent or perhaps set at a different angle. However, I’m deathly afraid of a “Michael Jackson Pepsi Commercial Incident” occurring so depending upon your specific personal neurosis, this might not even be a factor.

The Nexus puck in the pic has a male joint with a female bowl on it, so... not suitable for your purposes.

If you do decide to go to the gate, I would look around because that lil’ piece is one of three that I’ve seen available at several dhg sellers. I would find a seller that is also on the “Good Seller” list in the DHGATE Good/Bad Seller List thread. Then you can relax and have a safe, reliable transaction and most in the states seem to get their packages from China within 1-3 weeks(!).

Also if you don’t know, that GRAV bubbler is made in a Chinese factory as well & can probably be found on the gate for $10-15. So there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get both for ~$20, you deserve it! About the one you linked, members here have it or other similar, smaller pieces with a simple perc for VCs and have posted their opinion along with pics/links in both the VC thread and Cheap Quality Bubbler thread. Good luck with your hunt! Another tip: a j-hook with a 14/10mm low-profile reducer is lovely with a VC.

seki

@seki my (unsolicited) advice from your list is option #1: GRAV upright pocket bubbler over the other two for the simple reason it will put the hot end of your vapcap further away from your face and hair. I really like the spherical bubbler as well and it might be a good one, wish that mp was just a bit longer & bent or perhaps set at a different angle. However, I’m deathly afraid of a “Michael Jackson Pepsi Commercial Incident” occurring so depending upon your specific personal neurosis, this might not even be a factor.

The Nexus puck in the pic has a male joint with a female bowl on it, so... not suitable for your purposes.

If you do decide to go to the gate, I would look around because that lil’ piece is one of three that I’ve seen available at several dhg sellers. I would find a seller that is also on the “Good Seller” list in the DHGATE Good/Bad Seller List thread. Then you can relax and have a safe, reliable transaction and most in the states seem to get their packages from China within 1-3 weeks(!).

Also if you don’t know, that GRAV bubbler is made in a Chinese factory as well & can probably be found on the gate for $10-15. So there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get both for ~$20, you deserve it! About the one you linked, members here have it or other similar, smaller pieces with a simple perc for VCs and have posted their opinion along with pics/links in both the VC thread and Cheap Quality Bubbler thread. Good luck with your hunt! Another tip: a j-hook with a 14/10mm low-profile reducer is lovely with a VC.

@pxl_jockey, thanks for your input, any and all advice is welcome! I'm actually leaning towards getting both of the Grav bubblers. I've got short hair so no 'Pepsi' concerns here, but now I can't stop picturing you as Otto, sorry man :D.

I've seen many of the positive comments on the mini Beaker Bong in both of the threads you mentioned, which, along with the size, is mainly what piqued my interest in it. The concern for me isn't about the quality of the pieces from China, just more about problems with orders that I've had in the past. In fact, I'd generally prefer the pieces from DHGate as I generally prefer my equipment to be as free of branding as possible, but I've had a lot of bad luck with multiple orders for various items from China, several of which took over a year to resolve, with one going almost 18 months.

I've seen a few pictures of some people using the Nexus Puck with a NonaVong and it seemed to work ok, can you let me know why you think this wouldn't be suitable? I'm probably going to skip this one anyway as it's a little pricey.

I've not really considered j-hooks, but I'll definitely give them another look.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've seen a few pictures of some people using the Nexus Puck with a NonaVong and it seemed to work ok, can you let me know why you think this wouldn't be suitable? I'm probably going to skip this one anyway as it's a little pricey.

NonaVongs only fit FEMALE glass joints. The joint on that puck rig is a MALE joint - you would need to use an adapter to mate your VonG to that glass successfully.

The other two look good! I will be keeping my eye on this thread. I almost bought one of SneakyPete's little bubblers but decided against it. Something like these is more my pace.

ubardog

I use the one dry with my M-2018 tip and a 10-14mm adapter. Cool vapour with all the taste still. I got an old padded soft case..... I think for glasses any way it slides over this glass tube nicely. Then it's safe enough to carry in my pocket.
15916-DaVinci-IQ-Bubbler-10mm-az.jpg

20190302-150706.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs, do you have any experience with the Martian? I've never seen one before, and it seems like they were designed to use with joints, but also look as if they can accommodate a VC.

I don’t actually have one, but I’ve seen it reccomended many many times. I want one though, and will acquire one eventually.

If you get the Martian, I suggest going with the one from @Sneaky Pete , because I believe that he advertises it makes a reasonable seal with the Dynavap mouthpiece.

seki

I don’t actually have one, but I’ve seen it reccomended many many times. I want one though, and will acquire one eventually.

If you get the Martian, I suggest going with the one from @Sneaky Pete , because I believe that he advertises it makes a reasonable seal with the Dynavap mouthpiece.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I took a look and I think I may pick one up if there's a good deal on it next week.

Another contender that I found browsing DHGate:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/the-...h-bowl/405165800.html#s4-4-1;searl|3129585995
newest-glass-blunt-bubbler-goose-neck-blunt-bubbler-the-martian-glass-bubbler-bong-mini-oil-rig-glass-bong-water-bong-small-water-pipe.jpg

Still pretty wary of ordering from China, but between this one and the beaker bong, I'm definitely reconsidering.

yeswecann

@pxl_jockey, thanks for your input, any and all advice is welcome! I'm actually leaning towards getting both of the Grav bubblers. I've got short hair so no 'Pepsi' concerns here, but now I can't stop picturing you as Otto, sorry man :D.

I've seen many of the positive comments on the mini Beaker Bong in both of the threads you mentioned, which, along with the size, is mainly what piqued my interest in it. The concern for me isn't about the quality of the pieces from China, just more about problems with orders that I've had in the past. In fact, I'd generally prefer the pieces from DHGate as I generally prefer my equipment to be as free of branding as possible, but I've had a lot of bad luck with multiple orders for various items from China, several of which took over a year to resolve, with one going almost 18 months.

I've not really considered j-hooks, but I'll definitely give them another look.
More things:
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p35/DDave_VapCap_Vapor_Cooler_V3.html
https://edstnt.com/vaporizer-accessories/dynavap?product_id=176
https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/sneaky-pete-j-hook?variant=12381016424529

yeswecann,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom