Silver bullion

satyrday

As long as Fox News keeps running ads brainwashing people to convert hard earned greenbacks to precious metals, then the sky's the limit . Or is it the fed brainwashing people that their money is the bomb? So confusing. I long for the day when big stone wheels were all you needed to buy an apple.

satyrday,
Damn brother,I thought your main talents were poop-based! Funny how most of my smat friends are always a little "off".:)

Oh I paid a dealer premium alright. The silver price was $21.61 aud per oz when I was at the bullion dealers but I had to pay $24.07 per oz. The difference is supposed to be refining costs & a commission for the bullion dealer. When I questioned the size of the difference.

I was told if I wanna pay spot price only then I have to place a $500 000 or more order.
This was all about timing.

right now as I type its $22.62 aud per oz, add on the bullshit physical premium & I guess you would pay around $25- $25.50 per physical oz. Its still pretty good.

I am lucky to have run a business trading coins & banknotes, and have an idea how I am going to sell stuff when I buy it.

I normally make sure I have more than one option in regards to venues to sell.

So, in this case I am trading on opportunity/ timing. Where as when I had my coin shop & relevant advertising, I traded on the sellers limited options locally to sell and would pay anywhere from 25%-100% of spot depending on the metal. Gold I would buy at 75% of spot for example,silver about 50%, pre decimal copper coins 25%.

Now I have sold stuff in several locations online, in my shop (when I had it), at a market stall, local auctions, the local paper , by word of mouth and have even peppered friends garage sales with coin & stamp collections.
I have had deceased estate sales, divorce sales, selling for sick relative sales.
The point is, never just in the one venue, always in the venue that will give you the best returns.

Now back to the timing aspect that applies in this case.

I could buy back in right now today. I could pick up physical silver at around $25-$25.50 at a bullion dealer in any capital city in aust today, right now. (provided there is any physical silver left to buy right now)

If I hadnt bought this week already I would buy today still. (just not as much)
Take it home and forget about it. I have paid $24.07 per oz, I will get out when it returns $36 to my hand, after any selling premiums, commissions or costs.

I recently sold at $36 to a private guy when it was $28. (go figure)
I imagine he would be shitting his pants right now.

When I wanna know what the market price is for something. I check ebay, no different in this case.
So, I will sell my 1kg bars when ebay is bringing close to that amount. Ebay will follow the stock prices with a small lag. Calculate the ebay fees & you have your base market value on the day.

Now my bars will be sold by word of mouth privately or in the local paper. I will place an ad for one bar at say $1150 per bar (this might take 6mths, 12mths or next month for the stock price to support that $1150). Provided its close to the real price (within 10-20%)

I will sell all 13 bars with the one small advert thus saving on my selling costs.
People who will buy one bar, will inquire about more. they cant help themselves.:tup:

I just dont know when yet, I can wait. and thats the next lesson.
Stick it a corner and forget about it. I will know when its time to sell or buy, I just look for news articles that talk about the gold price moving, thats the 1st indicator.

Every month or so check the stock price & ebay prices of what i am holding. When it gets interesting I will watch more closely more often.

I set my selling price when I purchase, and when I get there, I sell it and get out.
Now if it shits itself again & drops even further say $16-$18 then I will buy in again.

But I think now, all I gotta do is wait.

Now this is just how I go about it for myself. I am not sure how a financial advisor would feel about my plans, so perhaps talk to them before you commit any funds.

dorkus_molorkus

But Mvapes we have not yet ascertained if you are 'smat'.

Brother Shipdit has proved his credentials right here with flattery & ironically poor spelling.
(now Shipdit when you say it was on purpose, we wont belieb you):D

'' Damn brother,I thought your main talents were poop-based! Funny how most of my smat friends are always a little "off".:)''

dorkus_molorkus

Well the science behind poop throwing is pretty technical.
For example, volume, mass, rate of acceleration are all factors to consider when throwing poop.
Do you throw hard or gently lob thru the air?

Then of course there is the sticktuitiveness. I mean we all know that if you throw enough poop it sticks.
But how much is enough exactly??
Then we have the corn factor to consider when throwing poop. Corn is a bit like rocks in snowballs, so be careful, you could have someones eye out.

Then of course there are the social implications.
Throw poop at the wrong person. What then?
Was there corn in it? did it stick? What about the splatter factor?, when the poop hits unintended targets?

OMG its a social minefield people!

So before anyone writes off poop throwing as puerile, juvenile behaviour. Spare a thought for those of us who view it as science.:tup:

Poop throwing was becoming a lost art,becoming something only apes could enjoy.
We're bringing the fun back,but with all the tech. available to enhance the fun. F:)ck gorillas,we want poop throwing for the masses!
OF,Pipes and others are advancing Vape tech., so someone has to adress the poop issues.

Thanks for pointing out my spelling errors,but in my defense I was holding poop when I typed that. Dick!

dorkus_molorkus

Oh yeah I forgot about consitency. Diet is very important to the poop studious.

@ shipdit-You just cant walk around this country with a handful of poop ready to unleash upon some fucker.

You have to have an OCPP (open carry poop permit) & has to be in brown paper bag & you have to have some matches upon yr person.

This makes allowances for the 'flaming baggie' genre of the poop throwing science.

Thats a discussion for another day.

oh HAPPY AUSSIE 420. here i am celebrating 420 on my own today, but tomorrow its
Dorkus's 2nd annual 421 party!

Last year was a hoot, I got spastic drunk & took stupid pics of myself for shits & giggles.
(see the famous peeps who vape thread)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I remember that pic and looked at it just the other day dorkus. We're looking forward to this year's photo (a mandatory clause in your agreement here with the forum.... read the fine print).

Happy 420 to you too. Don't throw poop into the wind.

I've got a concealed carry permit,so I carry a 1911 in one shoulder holster and a semi-sticky turd in the other.
In an effort to impove accuracy I've mounted a laser sight on the fecal projectile. I can nail a cop in the head at 30 yards every time.
I'm hoping that adding G.P.S. guidance I can increase that range by 200% and become the first Fecal Sniper.
Have fun and enjoy 420!! (If you bang any kangaroos this year please take pictures).

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'd say we should call ourselves Da' Poopsters but I think that was the name of a 70's German flick.

mvapes,
Reactions: ShipDit

dorkus_molorkus

2 dudes, one vape kinda thing?

Sounds like some northern hemisphere kink right there.

Im out.

'Da poopster' brings back too many memories of sharts best long forgotten.

Lolz- another perfectly good thread gone to shit. :D
Come talk about silver investment, stay for the poop, & receive a gift brown paper baggie on the way out.

Nice! :tup:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Some poor bastard probably just did a google search for silver buillion and finds himself learning new phrases such as "fecal sniper". :lol:

I'm going to have to put on my best teflon shirt if I ever find myself in the vicinity of Ship and Dork. :nod:

:peace:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
When my first goon was younger, he made a couple of comic characters called Anal Spelunker and Stone Drone. I think you would like him (my goon... ).

Really wish I could share pics of those characters with you... :lol:

And somehow, I don't think the focus on that vid is going to be the poop t-dub. That poor elephant has a fifth leg!!! :o

dorkus_molorkus

Some poor bastard probably just did a google search for silver buillion and finds himself learning new phrases such as "fecal sniper". :lol:

:peace:

Iraq could have gone so much differently with a force of 'fecal snipers'.

EDIT- He has one hell of a fucking kick stand!
lolz-he has a spare in the trunk

Top Bottom