SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

Frank Reynolds

I recommend this for any vape!

So I hollered at my 7th Floor rep yesterday to get some scoop. The cat will be fully out of the bag in about three weeks regardless, because they plan to have some units at Champs in early November for a reveal.

I can say they are well beyond the prototype stage. It has been in development for years and, like S&B, a lid was kept on it until recently. This seems to be the way the established companies release vapes now.

I'm not going to say much, because I don't know how much they want out there yet, but I was impressed enough to pre-order one. There are a lot of features on this thing. I don't think it hits all the talking points for a portable, but it hits most of them...stay tuned!
You say they're "well beyond the prototype stage" but the quoted text from 7th floor a few posts back says they're just now working on their 2nd prototype and that's why there are no pictures...which is it?

From 7th Floor:
We are currently in a holding period of getting photos produced until our #2 unit is finalized, and hope to have them available to the public by late next week. We are excited to share everything with our customers, but unfortunately must wait till all shareable materials are approved and ready for the public's viewing! We have verified our SideKick functions correctly, as the initial working prototype has gone through extensive testing, and passed with flying colors! The #2 prototype will incorporate all improvements we found while using #1 unit, and will be ready for public viewing shortly. We promise that 7th Floor is adhering to our usual high standards, and that you will be impressed with the SideKick's look and design. I personally cannot wait to get these pictures up! Thank You for being a Loyal 7th Floor Customer, we appreciate you and are nothing without you!

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
Wow. That's not even a high quality rendering.

The rendering reminds me of something a kindergarten student might produce lol. But I guess it kind of resembles the Alpha.

I have to apologise for the render quality, i had a bug with photoview 360 that i haven't managed to sort out yet.

A shipping delay meant the expected batch that was to be used for product pictures didn't turn up.
I've been super busy and had to use what i could, as it wasn't too great to have an ad without any visual representation.... i'm sure you all agree :p.
Murphy's law has yet to be disproven.

I can assure that the design was not done in china, i don't think it was..... at least i hope not or my head is more screwed than i thought :razz:.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Despite the skepticism, I still have confidence in 7th Floor.

This could either send 7th Floor's reputation back at the top or sink like an old wooden ship.

I wonder if they are producing here in The Springs...

I've been waiting on an excuse to visit 7th Floor headquarters, perhaps this would be a great opportunity?

Herb-nerd

Company Rep
Time owes me a-lot in life, an explanation at least.
But in this instance it has given me the opportunity to prepare, the pieces are cut and the mosaic is awaiting construction :science:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Despite the skepticism, I still have confidence in 7th Floor.

It seams every 7th Floor vaporizer is met with extreme skepticism. Which I find odd, as the Grasshopper was supposed to be a "game changer" before anybody ever touched one.

I find the Super SSV to be silly, but I've reserved my opinion until I've actually tried it. Fan assist might just be the final thing that makes the SSV just perfect, but the SSV I have now is good enough where I don't want to spend a couple hundred.

A portable is a different story. I'm stoked.

I was impressed enough to pre-order one.

That's all I need, stick's approval. :D Well that and $225 to spare, ugh.

Can't wait for some more info.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Image just reminded me of one of these even to the scalloped sides
9FHrc8im.jpg
yvqVB12m.jpg

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
It seams every 7th Floor vaporizer is met with extreme skepticism. Which I find odd, as the Grasshopper was supposed to be a "game changer" before anybody ever touched one.
Couldn't agree more...

Particularly the launch of the LSV, it got crucified in the beginning. Now... Shit, a astonishing amount of FC Members have it in their daily lineup.

I too am curious(?) to why folks are willing to pre-order GH without a blink of an eye... From a company with no prior credentials.(AFAIK)

JimmyCricket

If the sidekick can be similar quality to the rest of the 7th floor line up as i hear the crafty/mighty are to S&B and the new prima is to vapir, this could be potentially awesome. Its exciting to see new releases from some of the bigger dogs in the industry in new portable territories.

Cant wait to see where this thread is in two months!

rosedale

From 7th Floor:

Hello David,
Thank you for contacting 7th Floor. We appreciate your interest in our product and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1) The SideKick uses conduction heat to vape.

2) It's approximately 2"L x 5"H x 1"W. The vaporizer has a curve to it which helps it rest comfortably against your leg when put into your pocket so it's 1" width is only at it's thickest point. The logo is actually based on the curvature of the SideKick.

3) We currently have a photo of the CAD drawing up on the preorder page so you can get an idea of what to expect. I will give you a link below for you convenience.

SideKick Preorder Webpage

We will be releasing pictures over the next week starting today then picking back up on Monday so be sure keep an eye out as we release more information. I hope this was helpful. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

-David

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I can't help but notice the little gear "dial adjuster" is located in a different position between the two pictures.

Frank Reynolds

I think it was the phone conversation I had with them. The mighty and the crafty are conduction/convection too I believe.
If that's the case 7th floor really needs to work on their PR. This is literally the worst way they could have possibly gone about announcing this thing...No pictures, no information, expensive pre-orders, mixed information, it's like they want to confuse us. :doh:

Frank Reynolds,
Reactions: grokit

Herb-nerd

Company Rep
The cad already existed, but was far from refined enough to be an accurate representation of the aesthetics. After the shipping delay (they have now arrived) the 3D image was used.

in the model the gear is in a slightly different place. But that really is all there is to it :\

The vape uses conduction and convection with the heating surface surrounding 2 of the 3 faces of the load, much like many other portables.

Last edited:

natural farmer

No, it is not routed to pass the heater before entering.

Also, just a note.

Do bear in mind that a simple screen is all it takes to change a conduction configuration to a convection one.

Thanks for the fast reply mate! With the screen addition though you don't really get convection heating, mostly radiation, like food in an oven is heated! Not that this is a bad thing, I use this configuration with my Vapman and it's an amazing improvement to taste and efficiency! ;)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Joel W. it looks to me that the 'gear adjuster' is for 'stirring' and the 3 white dots could be on/off and temp. up and down. @HD Springer just like many Chinese vapes and their re-brands?? Lets hope I am wrong on the electronics. A second screen spaced off the oven bottom will allow for a small amount of convection and is possible in many conduction units. Will be interesting to see a working model.

natural farmer

The radiative heat cooks the periphery, and the convective transfer takes place where the air moves.

Though it is silly getting this pedantic over heat transfer :razz:. Who has a thermographic camera?

Usually when we talk around here for ways of heating we mean the way the load is heated and not the way the produced vapor is transferred to our mouth… Hence the Sidekick will be a conduction/radiation vaporizer. All iz vell! ;)

biohacker

I'm happy that it's a combo....strictly convection vapes rip apart my lungs with any temperature but low temp. A conduction/convection hybrid is ideal for a portable IMHO much like the Solo, Air, Crafty, Mighty.

Thanks so much @Herb-nerd for answering our questions, providing updates, and putting up with the naysayers/complainers. It's nice to have you here in this thread.

Top Bottom