Side by side mod connector

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've been mulling this over for a long time, subconsciously inspired by Tubo for sure.
Why not design a connector that orients the vape to the side like this
sbs.jpg
sbs2.jpg

Using MistVape connectors I created a mod connection and then with a purchased deck I added a vape connection.
sbs3.jpg

A set up like this with a stick mod should be pretty cool.
This prototype worked but the connectors sucked up too much power and affected vape performance.
I have a new one in the works with 14 gauge copper connections.
If this works out I envision several sizes with the distance between connectors changing. For the Evic mini I have in the picture the unit should be wide enough to mount the vape sideways.
It will probably need to a heat shield next to the vape, I'm thinking a curved piece of wood held on by magnets.
What do you think, is this something you want in your vape drawer?

subway13029

Super cool..im subscribed..ive been super interested in all your vapes.and never had the privilege..actually i think i have half of the butane one..but not the whole.thing..i dont even know.what im missing..but.back to this one..very cool.

subway13029,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This is something I already seen somewhere in the DIY section, it's interesting but slightly counter productive since the main purpose of a sbs mod is to be concealeable and small, since your creation add some length and thickness, the final combo (atty, sbs connector and mod box) may be big enough... this is may work with a small mod box with integrated battery but this mod are not good for the Imp/Iheat/Splinter/... I had some success using one from Atmos but battery life sucks (1-2 bowls at max).

This is my :2c:

PPN,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
This design is definitely for some mods/vapes not all of them. Also designed for stealth when needed. Working on a wider design for the mini.
Sending one like this to @antispleen for testing with the stick mods
My splinter, on mini with l stem is 7 1/4" high with the sbs connector it is only 5".
This will turn some of those light sabers into manageable units.
Going to offer a few beta units at $50 them i see retail at $75

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: antispleen

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I have been wanting something like this for a long time. :rockon:
Which mod/vape do you have in mind?
Working on one for the evic vtwo mini. It is 1.625" between centers.
Outer dimensions about 2.62 x 1 x 1" deep

mistvaporizer,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have mixed feelings about this idea.

Having tried to make one myself, the end result was not much more pocket friendly. I am sure mistvape will do a better job than me, so might have more sucess.

Every mm matters here to get the best compact design. 510 vapes are all differnt sizes and so are mods. It would not work to have a differnt adapter for every mod & atty combo. Also what about the mod screw end point? Does this vary? Otherwise the adapter would be at a funny angle.

Maybe an idea would be to have an adjustable adapter. Two parts, with a conductive slide rail so the length could be varied for differnt attys.

Thats my :2c:

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I have mixed feelings about this idea.

Having tried to make one myself, the end result was not much more pocket friendly. I am sure mistvape will do a better job than me, so might have more sucess.

Every mm matters here to get the best compact design. 510 vapes are all differnt sizes and so are mods. It would not work to have a differnt adapter for every mod & atty combo. Also what about the mod screw end point? Does this vary? Otherwise the adapter would be at a funny angle.

Maybe an idea would be to have an adjustable adapter. Two parts, with a conductive slide rail so the length could be varied for differnt attys.

Thats my :2c:
As far as the mod end point shims should take care of that, half a turn is quarter mm
A couple of the right size shims should let you orient any mod properly - in theory
I think three or four sizes would cover most combos

mistvaporizer,

BestBuds

The Dude
Which mod/vape do you have in mind?
Working on one for the evic vtwo mini. It is 1.625" between centers.
Outer dimensions about 2.62 x 1 x 1" deep
Wismec gen 3 dual, and sinuous p80, with splinter Z or regular splinter. For now anyway. :tup:

BestBuds,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@mistvaporizer I would be up for one of these for my splinter Z. Is the project still going?

Maybe it would be easier to sell these with a single battery mod? Then you can set everything up with heatshield in place. Maybe even do away with a connector? Just an idea :2c:

oddjobold,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Yes please! There are several single battery mods that would work well... but I'm only really intrested in more of a sleeve so that the whole rig is enclosed and it looks more like a fat e-cig, with one side open for access to the buttons.

Using my iHeat in public with a normal mod is awkward because it's too tall and attracts attention. I'd love a side-by-side enclosure, ideally made of aluminium to reduce bulk and look less unusual.

+1 for Sinuous P80

Haze Mister,
Top Bottom