Should I buy my friends' Volcano for 80$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzerkampf

Barebones Digit one, he says he just has the "tube, the bowl and the power cord" no baloon

I have a MFLB but as Im going to University in september and am going to be living in a dorm room, I would like a party vape that can be passed around.

Now I have read that their are better vapourizers out on the market, but for $80 I think this is an offer that I shouldent pass up, for volcano owners, what components/accessories would you recommend that I purchase? If so, where is the cheapest place that I can buy it(cheap shipping to Canada a must)

How efficient is it compared to the MFLB or the Herbalaire(another friends' vape)?

Will I lose any effiency/power if I just use the tube instead of a balloon(while it waits to be shipped)?

Should I just buy "The Easy Valve System Starter Set" if I have nothing but barebones? if so where can I find it for cheapest price

Thank you in advance

Panzerkampf,

max

Out to lunch
Now I have read that their are better vapourizers out on the market
That's a switch. Usually it's 'I know the Volcano's the best....' ;)

Even if you don't need or even want a vape, that price is too good to pass up if it works. Hell, even if it doesn't.

Efficiency? It'll do a great job. I tend to use more with a bag filler, but it is a tendency, not a necessity. Don't know what you mean by the tube. The 'cano is bag fill only. You might try vaporizers.ca for what you need-Canadian dealer. Or check our list of dealers offering an FC discount. Get either the Easy or Solid valve. It's up to you.

max,

Raf007

Retailer
buy it !

i can't compare the cano w. the mflb coz i still haven't try it (but will have in a week :) )
But I own a Cano, and it s a really good vape, especillay for 80 doll and even more if what you are looking for is a party vape. It s way more user friendly than a whip vape Imho.

Just to let you know, easy valve kit are a bit harder to change the balloon, coz one is not suppose to do so.

cheers !

Raf007,

Panzerkampf

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!, I should be picking it up in the next few days, but I'm still conflicted as to whether its worth it to buy the entire $120 kit. I know that I need a balloon but what other components are a must have?

Oh yeah and how are the noise levels? is it bothersome?

Thanks again

Panzerkampf,

max

Out to lunch
The 'cano makes noise. Bothersome? Only you can determine that.

You probably don't need the filling chamber/bowl, so you may not want to get the whole kit. Bags are available on eBay (vapeworld's eBay identity) 4 boxes for $20. Any of our recommended dealers can tell you what you need and what you don't. Just call or email.

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Thats like asking if a Porsche 911 is worth a couple grand. Unless somethings seriously wrong with it, def go for that. If you dont trust the person i'd tell him you want to get the bags and try it out first.

steiner666,

lwien

steiner666 said:
Thats like asking if a Porsche 911 is worth a couple grand.
More like asking if a Mercedes 220S is worth a few grand. ;)

But yeah, super deal, especially if it works.

lwien,

Panzerkampf

Ok so Im going to buy it, he doesent know if its an easy or solid valve, is there anyway to tell? He never used a bag with it and just uses the direct draw tube(I didnt even know that there was this option on the 'cano). Hes one of my best friends, used to be a huge stoner but then he caught dealing and his now unfortunately in "rehab" and gets tested regularly so thats why hes selling it so cheap to me.

Thanks everyone and I'm so sorry for asking these really dumb questions, I just want to know everything I can before pulling the trigger.

Panzerkampf,

steiner666

Serial vapist
might be able to tell you more if you can post some pics of it. I dont remember ever hearing about direct inhale either. Otherwise id say the best thing to do would be to look up the stock pics and try to find differences between them and figure out which it is that way.

steiner666,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If it's a legit Storz & Bickel Volcano (there are a bunch of import knockoffs out there) you should take your friend out for a steak dinner. :lol:

vtac,

Panzerkampf

Thanks for the replies everyone, if it's legit I'm definately going to smoke him out when he gets out of "rehab":(

I texted him, but before he said that he bought it off a friend of his for $200 who got it for $600(yes, they both don't know the value of money), so the first guy must have gotten really scammed if indeed it's not a volcano unit(I saw a pic, deleted it but it looked legit) since on this one "you can just toke through the tube"

Panzerkampf,

max

Out to lunch
he doesent know if its an easy or solid valve, is there anyway to tell?
Doesn't matter. The Easy Valve was introduced 2-3 years ago for those who didn't want to mess with changing bags on the solid valve. When you buy a new 'cano, you can get it with Solid or Easy Valve, and switch to the other style later on if you like.

I'm still lost on the hitting the tube deal. Here's a link to a pic of the Digit. The real deal will say Storz & Bickel on it.

http://www.storz-bickel.com/vaporizer/volcano-digit.html

max,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'd love to get my hands on a Volcano for only $80.00. I'd snap it up without hesitation.:D

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
flanman said:
maybe a vapor dome?
A Vapordome (are they still making them?) costs a bundle and wouldn't be described as a 'tube'. I never saw the appeal of a Vapordome. You're still sucking diluted vapor, just from a glass dome instead of a bag. :/

max,

Raf007

Retailer
what could it be apart the dome ? there is nothing i v heard of except that... i wonder.

Bout the noise, the pump noise is ok, but the bag noise is really annoying. Don't buy the bag from S&B but rather buy the oven bag to cook turkey that are silent. I think there is a topic on the forum already.

Bout the solid or easy valv system it really depends on personal preferences.

Raf007,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom