Science and Souls (for geeks and spiritual explorers)

Seren

Away with the fairies
489308609_1364876814.jpg

Just call me Cleopatra ....... ;)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
all greek to me!

Leonardo Da Vinci's 'Viola Organista' Built In Real Life, Looks Like Piano, Sounds Like A String Orchestra

November 22, 2013 in Beautiful, Color Me Impressed, Coming To Life, Conceptual, Concert, Cooooooool, Da Vinci,Holy Smokes, I Want One Of These And A Harp In My Grand Foyer To Great My Make Believe Guests When They Arrive To My Make Believe Party In My Make Believe Mansion, Impressive, Instrument, Leonardo Da Vinci, Neato,Symphony
da-vinci-instrument.jpg

These are a couple videos of Leonardo Da Vinci's (previously only conceptual) Viola Organista being played in real life. The instrument was built by Polish concert pianist Slawomir Zubrzycki from a drawing Da Vinci made almost 500 years ago. 500 years ago -- can you even imagine that? Most of us weren't even born then. "None of us were born by then." Ha, you think witches and wizards don't read Geekologie? I know at lease one old sorcerer who uses Geekologie as his homepage. Makes him feel younger. "You stole my owl." SHUT YOUR FACE, ARCHIBALD.

Hit the jump for a brief news report, and a long video of the thing being played.

Thanks to Broseph, who's convinced Da Vinci was a time traveler. Or at least a dream walker.

lwien

489308609_1364876814.jpg

Just call me Cleopatra ....... ;)

Fuck. I'm a hybrid. A mongrel. A mutt. One foot is Greek and the other is Egyptian.

I'll never be a thoroughbred. I'll never be pure. I'll always be a mix, for now and evermore.

Woe is me................. :ugh:

And all this time, the only problem I thought I had with my feet was that they're flat.

Thanks a lot, Seren. You just ruined a perfectly good day........... :rant:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Funny November 20, 2013 LAURA

Adult Wednesday Addams: She’s All Grown Up.

“My parents are despicable monsters and I’m grateful for that, but I can’t sleep in my childhood coffin forever…”

The original goth girl is back, and she’s moving out on her own!

Adult Wednesday Addams is a web series that follows everyone’s favourite raven-haired, pigtailed girl as she ventures out into the real world, and into real-life situations. The series begins with her getting her first apartment, and follows along with other young adult “firsts”…first job, first online date, first one-night stand, first…trip out to get the morning after pill…you know, every girl’s struggles as they experience life outside the nest.

You’ll be happy to know that Wednesday is exactly as we remember her, from the original Addams Family series in the 60s, to the more recent 90s remake. Blunt, creepy, sarcastic, and a bit sadistic. But in the cutest way. Star (and the series writer) Melissa Hunter captures Wednesday perfectly, and does the character complete justice.

The first 6 episodes are online, subscribe to their YouTube for updates!
icon_smile.gif

Episode 1: The Apartment Hunt

Episode 2: Job Interview
Episode 3: Internet Date
Episode 4: Dog Walker
Episode 5: One-Night Stand
Episode 6: Planned Parenthood

grokit

well-worn member
Chocolate Better for Your Teeth Than Fluoride!

Fluoride is a toxic industrial waste product that is a poison to your body even in trace amounts, yet it is added to the majority of US water supplies using the rationale that it helps prevent dental cavities.

The archaic practice continues even though it is now widely recognized that fluoride’s only justifiable benefit comes from topical contact with teeth – and even that is debatable.

To put it simply, there are FAR better options for decreasing tooth decay than ingesting a harmful industrial pollutant or using a topical poison like fluoride… in fact, new research suggests even chocolate extract would would make a better alternative.
Chocolate Toothpaste Works Better Than Fluoride

A recent study presented at the American Dental Association (ADA) 2013 Annual Session pitted fluoride toothpaste against a new toothpaste that contains the naturally-occurring cacao extract theobromine.
This test determined which product better repaired and re-mineralized exposed dentin (the tissue that makes up the bulk of your teeth below the enamel). Exposed dentin is a leading cause of tooth hypersensitivity...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...gn=20131124Z1&et_cid=DM34122&et_rid=347930564

Last edited:

vapirtoo

We were all set to have a 6:30 AM partial eclipse on the east coast.... it was overcast that morning.
Bummer!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Shit, I want one of those. Dammit. Cannot afford one. Even if I could, it's just tech toys.

....fucking awesome tech toys.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So I just got a request to do an interview with Brent Spiner, aka "Data" from Star Trek. He's a musician/cabaret performer now. Any suggested questions?

- no joke, buddy of mine is a music reporter.
feel free to tag who you want

Top Bottom