Saionara Atomizer thread

shredder

I use the wax that comes with an underdog log vape it's beeswax, mixed with something I think. It's a soft wax, and it works well on a variety of vape o rings. Like on dynavaps.

CalyxSmokr

I got my sai taf yesterday and of course I've been playing with it.

Currently I'm using the quartz bucket with rosin. The istick pico is set at 26-27watts and 400-420F. Im still looking for a sweet spot. It takes a few seconds to heat to temp, but it's no biggy since you can visually see the temps ramp up on the screen.

The first hits were very flavorable and pleasant, but then like most vapes the taste fades well before the load is done. After a few sessions on one load the taste is pretty much gone, but it still gives me a good buzz on small hits.

My questions are, on my temps and wattage, are they ok? And how much should I be loading? And should I clean it after each load?

The manual says you don't have to clean it each load, but as a flavor chaser, I think I might have to so I'm not vaping a lot of reclaim. And a rice grain sized load seems too much based on my settings. My preference is for sipping at low temps rather than ripping at higher temps.

Any advice is welcome, it's hard to experiment a lot because it's so potent, lol.
omg I would for sure clean it every time. I am still getting used to mine but I vape a load until I just start tasting that burnt taste and then swab it out. It will never taste right after that. I don't think I can go back to a coil after seeing what I have to clean out .
I use wood qtips and alcohol preps to clean.
I notice it kind of climbs the walls and I think there is some up higher that does not get vaped as it does not get hot enough. But I can't see a way to get to that without the reclaim in the bottom. I guess it would be wasted in a coil too?
Haven't tried the quartz yet but I can see the way it climbs the wall in the Ti it will be a problem with that little insert and cause some spillage even in normal use.
I just try to keep to small loads and clean as soon as taste turns.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Yes,
It seems people are getting it.... small loads, then clean-up. It'll taste great. Just because it's a large bucket doesn't mean you fill it.

Another point I'd like to remind people is about using TCR mode for your Sai TAF.
Not all mods have this, especially older ones, so, for them, ni-200 TC is the only choice.
However, if you have TCR capability in your mod, I highly suggest you use it @ #315, and, set it to the good ol' settings we know and love, 38 watts, 380 F, set resistance on a room temp Sai.

This improves the overall performance, and, unlike the ni-200 seting, will not allow the oil to get above the temps that cause reclaim taste. The hits are not as in-your-face-blast type, more like an even thick milk and a long purposeful draw.

I find that using TCR vs ni-200 smooths out the hit, and helps to retain flavor after the 1st hit or 2, by not allowing the temp to 'ramp up' so quickly.

Try it, if you can, nothing to lose. For those mods that can accept Arctic Fox / Red Panda firmware, I recommend you upload it to your mod. NFE Forum can help you.

Livin' the Sai Life !

oklahomie

I’ve been using my Sai for 2 months now and I’m diggin it with the Poseidon bubbler. But I don’t like it much without the bubbler. I usually heat up the sai and drop a dab in and quickly put the cap on and take a drag. But it seems to leave a lot behind this way compared to the carb cap/poseidon set up. I’m using the titanium bucket. Is there a different coil that is better for non bubbler use? I tried kanthal quartz too and thought it was pretty weak. Haven’t tried my ceramic donut yet

shredder

I’ve been using my Sai for 2 months now and I’m diggin it with the Poseidon bubbler. But I don’t like it much without the bubbler. I usually heat up the sai and drop a dab in and quickly put the cap on and take a drag. But it seems to leave a lot behind this way compared to the carb cap/poseidon set up. I’m using the titanium bucket. Is there a different coil that is better for non bubbler use? I tried kanthal quartz too and thought it was pretty weak. Haven’t tried my ceramic donut yet

I'm loving the ceramic donuts. When puffitup up gets more ill get a five pack. I can't give any advice on the metal coils, I don't like the taste of any I tried, but I know some people do because theyre pretty popular.

I'm a fan of low temp, high flavor vaping. The donuts fit that bill for me. Long term? Idk. A common complaint is the clean up. So far in just a week or so, after a load starts to taste like reclaim, and it takes a while, I shake it inverted to shake out any liquid reclaim. Them mop it up with a paper towel.

After one or two quick cleaning like this I do a quick soak in warmed up iso. After they dry, I crank it up to 40w and over 400 to burn carbon off the donuts. So far this works well but I look forward to a five pack. Im rotating two right now, and i dirty about one a day. Having more would make cleaning easier i think. Also I found the donuts fit into a dynavap tube pretty sweetly for a carrying option.

I agree about the buckets, they're not bad if you do quick loads in one or two hits. I'm still fairly new to this so I'll revisit them just to see if it was something I did wrong. It might do better with other concentrates too, i just vape rosin. But overall I didn't care for them, especially compared to the donuts.

shredder,

CalyxSmokr

So when I want to use my donut coils - I need to change my mod settings? Is it a different profile from TAF SAI?
I guess I will use them for a concert or something like that when I don't want to just take a few hits. But that is few and far between. This is my sneak a toke. I just wish the top wasn't so open because live resin still packs a punch of smell. A cap for arizer air tubes fits the top but I think most scent comes from the airflow holes

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

So when I want to use my donut coils - I need to change my mod settings? Is it a different profile from TAF SAI?
I guess I will use them for a concert or something like that when I don't want to just take a few hits. But that is few and far between. This is my sneak a toke. I just wish the top wasn't so open because live resin still packs a punch of smell. A cap for arizer air tubes fits the top but I think most scent comes from the airflow holes

I use 15w and now I'm down to 300F for vaping my rosin with a donut and a sai taf. I block the top air holes and use the bottom, so you dont really need the taf ring for ceramic donuts. I load mine and just take a hit or two throughout the day. I maintain a solid 6/10 with very little fuss or muss.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
OK.

So, one point, and one question :

Point 1 being about Humboldt Vape Tech and their site.
I should've trusted my opinion on their shoddy site when I first saw it.
Ordered 1 Ti heater without the bucket, because it's advertised as donut, with hole.
So, I fill everything out, get to my total... 8.99, no tax, no shipping, I say great, I'll submit.
The next page shows reality. $6.99 for shipping and $0.79 for tax brought my bill up to $16.32 .
I'm not pleased.
A site (normally) should show the total to be billed before you submit your payment, don't you think ?
Also very unhappy they don't take paypal.

So, there's that. However, I DO have a question for ya.

Earlier in the thread, there was some talk about using the Saicule (Mole, Molecule for Sai) as a heater for the Ti bucket. Does it have the correct threading ? Anyone have success using the Mole for a heater ?

Last edited:
DJ Colonel Corn,

mephisto

You might checkout Divine Tribe for their topflow RDA or the double Molecule heater deck. I don't believe the deck style will support the ti dish insert, however the Molecule double heater deck might fit under your ti skillet.....

mephisto,

started@52

Love my ti bucket with the donut coil under it. Like how the concentrate sticks to the donut outer part and leaves the center, which is just under where the screw in straw draws from, dry(er). Used it the other day for first time in a while. I’m still on the fence about effects from concentrates.

started@52,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Humboldt Vape Tech and their site.

Well,
Whatever happened with the checkout, I can't be sure but...
I received my order yesterday, all in good order.

Good outfit, actually, these Humboldt Vape Tech guys/gals.
Shopping pretty local, they're just up the road from me by about 150 miles or so.
Good to see local people make a mark in the vaping industry.
I'm normally a big supporter of PuffItUp, still am, but HVT has a unique item.

As I've stated previously, in earlier posts, I first recommended people use the Ti ceramic heater with their quartz cups, in other words, use the donut with hole in place of he solid disc, for longevity and performance.

Then, it became apparent that the new Ti buckets now come with the solid disc.
However, not to worry ! Found the old donuts, at least for now.

By purchasing a ceramic coil without bucket, on HVT"s site right here, you can still, for now, get the donut with hole for your Ti or Quartz bucket coils.

It's what an earlier poster was looking for, when they bought "extra ceramic heaters" for their Ti bucket, but they did not have the correct threading. These do. Here's a pic :

ifsoxg.jpg

See those wonderful threads ?
AWww yeah .

So, in good shape now for $8.99 .
Such a deal, really, when you consider my 1st donut heater has lasted me almost 3 months now and counting, with moderate-to-heavy use !

Happy with my delivery from HVT.
They sent me a cute sticker, well, it's an ad, but it's cute.
Also they sent me a wax container, with their logo, aw.
Thanks, HVT.
Here's what I got:

2dhgvhh.jpg

BREATHING A 'SAI' OF RELIEF.
:) :rofl: :leaf:

:bigleaf:

DJ Colonel Corn,

CalyxSmokr

I am looking for back up ti heater and bucket. Do I buy both separate like the previous link?
I was expecting to see them come together in a set. Should I just order a 5 pack of each? The five pack of buckets is a lot cheaper than 5 single buckets but it seems like one bucket might last indefinitely?

CalyxSmokr,

shredder

So what's the deal on the flat bottom ceramic heaters for the buckets?

I've had two now, and neither one lasted. One was dead at arrival, the disk was loose when I got it, and one lasted me two sessions and the mod stopped recognizing it. Internal break most likely?

I am however still using and liking the ceramic donuts on their own for vaping my home squeezed rosin. I only have two I rotate, but all is good. If piu ever gets five packs in I'll get on it.

shredder,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I am looking for back up ti heater and bucket. Do I buy both separate like the previous link?

If you want another Ti bucket as well, I'd just order the entire "Ti Bucket Coil", unless, it's cheaper to get Ti bucket and heater separately? Doubtful, but haven't looked / done the math.

So what's the deal on the flat bottom ceramic heaters for the buckets?

As I have been saying throughout the thread, the solid disc heaters do not last.
I recommend using the donut heaters, the ones with a hole.
The new Ti buckets come with the solid disc.
To get the correct donut heater, see my post just 2 posts ago here.
You are correct, the solid heaters do not last very long.
Mine died in about 2 weeks.
My donut heater with hole has lasted 3 month so far and is still going.

CalyxSmokr

If you want another Ti bucket as well, I'd just order the entire "Ti Bucket Coil", unless, it's cheaper to get Ti bucket and heater separately? Doubtful, but haven't looked / done the math.

As I have been saying throughout the thread, the solid disc heaters do not last.
I recommend using the donut heaters, the ones with a hole.
The new Ti buckets come with the solid disc.
To get the correct donut heater, see my post just 2 posts ago here.
You are correct, the solid heaters do not last very long.
Mine died in about 2 weeks.
My donut heater with hole has lasted 3 month so far and is still going.

Well isn't this the ti bucket coil?
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-titanium-buc
To me it looks like no heater included
Or that includes the flat disc heater? Is that in the 3rd pic?

CalyxSmokr,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Well isn't this the ti bucket coil?

Yes, that's the Ti bucket WITH a heater coil.
My b & m owner friend, who made an order of these, showed me that they come with the SOLID heater discs now.
So, since you already have a bucket, and the donut coil is what you want, I'd suggest buying the 'Heater w/o bucket' option i referred to. You can take a sec, unscrew the bucket and ring from your old coil and screw it into the new heater donut.
If you do NOT have a Ti bucket yet, then, yeah, that's what you need.
However I'd suggest getting the donut heater and using that with the bucket.

CalyxSmokr

Oh, OK....I thought the coil just meant the Ti insert. Pictures are not very clear HVT - and neither is the description. So Ti bucket should just last unless you lose it?

And how do I use the ceramic heaters I got by mistake? Can they go in the TAF? Just using top air flow? Or do I need to open up other vents? And take out that little stem inside the cap?
And do I switch my profile to 10MM on TC?
I actually do want something that I can hit off for awhile without a clean and reload anyway. Do you all clean these donut heaters or just toss them? Alcohol soak a few cleanings before wear out?
Is a clear shatter the best for these?

CalyxSmokr,

shredder

Oh, OK....I thought the coil just meant the Ti insert. Pictures are not very clear HVT - and neither is the description. So Ti bucket should just last unless you lose it?

And how do I use the ceramic heaters I got by mistake? Can they go in the TAF? Just using top air flow? Or do I need to open up other vents? And take out that little stem inside the cap?
And do I switch my profile to 10MM on TC?
I actually do want something that I can hit off for awhile without a clean and reload anyway. Do you all clean these donut heaters or just toss them? Alcohol soak a few cleanings before wear out?

If your ceramic heaters are donut heaters, maybe I can help. To use them I use the bottom air holes. I just turn the top to block the top holes. I didn't bother with the other parts.

I use the donut heaters with rosin. My mod is set to 300F on TC and 15 watts. Resistance is .61.

There is a you tube video I watched on cleaning donut heaters that I follow. I dont have the link handy but ill explain it.

To clean, I don't wait until everything is black and crusted. Instead I wait until the hits disapate. Then I ramp the temp up, take off the mouthpiece and violently shake the sai upside down over a paper towel. This expels a lot of junk. Or sometimes very little. Then I wad the paper towel to clean the sai heater with it. I use a little heat but not enough to scorch the paper. When the paper comes out clean your done. I can clean like this 2-3 times.

After several cleanings like that I soak the heater in iso in a corner of a zip lock bag. I put the bag in a cup of hot water to indirectly heat the iso. Then I let it dry well. If there is still black crud on the donuts, I crank the heat up to 480-490 on the mod and carefully heat the donut. The donut will burn off the crust and become mostly white again.

Then just reset the mod, reload the sai and start over. Hope this helps.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
So Ti bucket should just last unless you lose it?

Yep.

And take out that little stem inside the cap?

Ideally, you exchange the metal tube in the splash cap with the titanium disc that was included with the Sai.
This shuts off the top airflow, allowing you to use only the bottom air intakes.
However, you might be disappointed at how much oil you go thru, and the short lifespan of the ceramics when exposed directly to oil.
As you can see here :

shake the sai upside down over a paper towel. This expels a lot of junk.

The 'junk' is wasted oil that leaked down past the heater into the lower chamber of the coil. Waste.
You could've vaped all of that. Without harsh reclaim taste.

Clear shatter would be an excellent choice, but, remember, shatter heated turns into liquid oil. A lot of the oil will leak past the heater disc.

I actually do want something that I can hit off for awhile without a clean and reload anyway.

Ehhh. With using oil on the heater directly, you still don't want to load it heavily.
You will get reclaim taste and lower THC %.

Think of it like this, when oil reaches a certain temp, it loses its taste. So if you put a huge glob in there, not wanting to reload often, you will heat all the oil to that temp, and after the 1st hit or 2 it will all taste like reclaim, and be less potent.
Not only that, but a huge amount of it will become liquid and leak down the leg holes into the coil.

If it were me, I'd chalk it up to my list of mistakes, and not use the heaters you bought. Maybe you can return them. There is usually a 30-day return policy on most sites. Or maybe you can sell them in the classifieds.

Everyone is looking for a dab unit that they don't have to reload.

This basically does not exist yet. I've seen one prototype of a device that held a gram of oil inside of it, and you twisted it to let on dab out at a time. Was all metal. Problem was, after use, it got so dirty and wasteful it was a nightmare. Also, same deal, I got reclaim action after a few hits bcuz the coil got stained with old oil. Fail.

So, every dab device is a LAYGO (Load As You Go) device, because of the nature of oil.

Hope this helps.

:peace: :leaf: :rofl: :smug:

shredder

As you can see here :

The 'junk' is wasted oil that leaked down past the heater into the lower chamber of the coil. Waste.
You could've vaped all of that. Without harsh reclaim taste.

:peace: :leaf: :rofl: :smug:

That has not been my experience. I'm not a real heavy user, I'd say medium, a largish dab can last me all day. I only clean and load my sai once a day. I do hit it throughout the day, and like I said when the hits fade, I clean it then rather than trying to get every last bit and in turn making the coil really dirty.

Keep in mind I'm vaping rosin, so it can get dirty. And if you forgo those last couple of not great tasting hits, (my opinion, you may enjoy them) you make clean up much easier.

So for me those last couple hits are not worth it. Id rather not comprise taste for the last few hits. And thats pretty much why i like the donuts over the buckets, taste. Of course were all different and ymmv.

shredder,

CalyxSmokr

Yeah, I don't have any great expectations for the donuts. I am coming off of a yocan evolve so I am used to the limitations of a donut. Although the leaking you are describing is not making sense to me. I have never cleaned my yocan atomizers but did save them thinking I might.
I just wanted to not waste the ones I had delivered. I am sure puffitup would have taken them back but the shipping is a hit to them and really I was confused about which donut to get to work with the ti bucket. Although I did ask when ordering those replacements and he said they would work. To be fair he probably had no idea what I was asking though. :shrug:
I do love the bucket but I am using it in a stealth situation and while I can clean and repack I find myself using a Stiiizy pen I tried more often. I am thinking a half gram or so in these donut heaters I already have would still be cheaper than the investment in carts. And I can grab a few hits not figuring when and where to reload.
But do they really leak and waste? Actually I would probably load about a quarter gram of clear shatter and then top it off a little maybe once. It is true that the coil will never be right once it has cooked. I am still undecided if cleaning these donuts is worthwhile but it sounded like people are having success with that. But people also clean their yocans and I doubt the electronics really hold up to that.

Last edited:
CalyxSmokr,

shredder

Yeah, I don't have any great expectations for the donuts. I am coming off of a yocan evolve so I am used to the limitations of a donut. Although the leaking you are describing is not making sense to me. I have never cleaned my yocan atomizers but did save them thinking I might.
I just wanted to not waste the ones I had delivered. I am sure puffitup would have taken them back but the shipping is a hit to them and really I was confused about which donut to get to work with the ti bucket. Although I did ask when ordering those replacements and he said they would work. To be fair he probably had no idea what I was asking though. :shrug:
I do love the bucket but I am using it in a stealth situation and while I can clean and repack I find myself using a Stiiizy pen I tried more often. I am thinking a half gram or so in these donut heaters I already have would still be cheaper than the investment in carts. And I can grab a few hits not figuring when and where to reload.
But do they really leak and waste? Actually I would probably load about a quarter gram of clear shatter and then top it off a little maybe once. It is true that the coil will never be right once it has cooked. I am still undecided if cleaning these donuts is worthwhile but it sounded like people are having success with that. But people also clean their yocans and I doubt the electronics really hold up to that.

Don't believe us, try it for yourself.

I also have a evolve plus, and I clean the atomizers with them as well. I really don't use it much, I'm down to one atomizer ATM. I don't get how cleaning them is such a deal breaker. To me the donuts are way better for taste, and the taste lasts. At least my rosin in my sai does. The evolve is so so. Never had any donut leak onto the battery either. I've had 2 pens with donuts and now the sai. Not one leak. I have read about Devine tribe donuts leaking, but I don't have any personal experience with them. I have had the donuts break, and get really dirty, but most can be cleaned in minutes. No more time than cleaning my herb vapes.

Having said all that in defense of donut heaters. I think I'd rather have a silicone carbide dish with an embedded wire heating it. But right now that's just a dream.

I like the sai a lot more than the evolve. For one, a big difference is that using a mod box I can limit the temps so as to not cook the rest of the load. Two it holds more. Three, it tastes great, and the great taste lasts more than one or two hits. Idk about loading a quarter gram, most my loads are closer to .1 gram. I'm thinking you'd get a lot of splashing with that much.

As I said before ymmv. I like low temp flavor chasing vaping. A sipper rather than a ripper.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I guess I should make myself clear.
When I mentioned leaking, I meant inside the coil.
When @shredder mentioned the 'junk' coming out of their coil, that's what I'm referring to.
Note he only uses a dab per day, and 0.1 dab. Even with that small load, he gets old reclaim coming out of his coil when he shakes it.
Realize the the donut coil has to have holes in it for the wire legs to go thru from the power source.
Now imagine hot liquid pouring into a cup with holes in it.
You guessed it, the oil leaks down the holes and into the coil reservoir, only to be seen again as nasty reclaim shaken out onto a towel.
Loading a 1/2 gram of oil into any electronic dab device will result in spillage, leakage, reclaim taste, splash guard soaking.
As I said already , ALL of these devices, ceramic heater, bucket, yocan, sai, seqouia, divine tribe......are LAYGO devices. Load As You Go.
I've already stated that everyone wants to load it up and forget it, and it simply doesn't work that way.

CalyxSmokr

you know thinking about it I don't load a half gram. maybe a quarter gram or less and then notice coil becoming fouled by the time about a little over a half gram has vaped. Just adding a little as the coil becomes clear. I end up loading more like up to 3/4 gm over all total and realizing the coil isn't cutting it and end up scooping it out.
Haven't had it leak onto the battery in years but more often that is in a hot car etc more than straight overloaded
So with the yocan it would run a little over a half gram successfully.
Now loading aa dab a day and cleaning it daily is something I hadn't considered. At that point I think I would go with the ti bucket lol.
I have been trying to figure out how much I put in the ti bucket but I think it is under 0.1 gram. But not by much. I can't believe the amount of reclaim I swab out from that with live resin and wax. No coil can keep up with that. But they work for a little while.
I was figuring I might get 3/4 gram through the hvt donut since it seems more robust overall.
First world problems :uhoh:

Last edited:
CalyxSmokr,
Top Bottom