Rossner's teadrug vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I'm only reposting a post made by @vaping herbs in the Ask FC undersection, he found another pretty curious vaporizer, price is a bit expensive though, I understood it's 99€ but I'm not sure what is included for trhe price, but the concept is interesting, here the link:

Enjoy!

Note for the Mods: It looks like the vape is available at the moment, as well you can delete my post and just move the @vaping herbs thread here...

olysh pops

I love butane torch-heated glass vaporizers, the simplicity of operation, the materials and the versatility they bring.

It seems that with the Rossner teadrug vaporizer, there's a ritual to be discovered, and perhaps some different heating possibilities.

I placed the order on the German-language site, with the help of Firefox Translations, not sure I paid the right amount for international shipping.

To be continued.

ps I'm impressed by the number of vaporizer manufacturers in Germany.

Last edited:

Gnome34

What a funky concept. I'll be excited to learn more, seems very unique but also somewhat familiar in quite a few of the modern designs.

Like a super old school cordless baller head. Kinda sorta (no balls but a funky metal head).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I wonder how hard is is or isn't to keep tiny bits of herb from sticking inside the tube near the top where they would come into contact with the heater when inserted?

olysh pops

I'm also wondering about air retention.

It's true that the heating element goes quite deep into the glass tube and risks frying bits of grass stuck to the glass. What a shame if there's a bit of combustion :brow:

I'll let you know how it goes when it's in use, and particularly answer your question about herbs that can get stuck :tup:

This vaporizer seems simple, even rudimentary in its operation, and I think that's what charms me and gives me confidence in it.

The idea of being able to use it at the edge of a fire on an ember without a lighter or battery is brilliant in my opinion.

Last edited:

Alligator427

I have seen the video how use this thing and I am a little bite surprise by the use of alcool lamp (that let residues) and the heat element in contact directly with the airflow. For me, it is not a clean vap, or I have not understood something.

Alligator427,

olysh pops

I have seen the video how use this thing and I am a little bite surprise by the use of alcool lamp (that let residues) and the heat element in contact directly with the airflow. For me, it is not a clean vap, or I have not understood something.

I understand your questioning and this vaporizer intrigues me too.

For heating, the craftsman uses an accessory that he sells, that's business and it's normal that he communicates on his products.
What I understand from his message is that it's possible to use *even* an alcohol lamp for heating. In other words, I can also use a flame or jet lighter (or whatever I prefer).

And I like to imagine that it can also work with an ember from a campfire or barbecue ?

About clean airflow, if I think of the Vapman, airflow contact '24k gold plated copper' heater element. Here, the heater element is made of 'heat-resistant stainless steel', not gold-plated but "clean" :tup:

Screenshot-2023-08-18-at-21-58-26-Heizelement-Rossner´s-sehr-guter-Teedrogenverdampfer-e1692390591412.png

"Heating Element Description
The heating element is next to the glass tube the core of the very good tea drug vaporizer. It is made of a non-rusting, heat-resistant stainless steel and has such a selected geometry that it can be achieved together with the glass tube, an optimal vaporization temperature. Depending on how long you wait between insertion into the glass tube and inhalation, the optimal evaporation conditions can be created for each tea drug. So you always get a perfect and ecological vapor enjoyment, without batteries and natural gas."

Last edited:

Alligator427

I understand your questioning and this vaporizer intrigues me too.

For heating, the craftsman uses an accessory that he sells, that's business and it's normal that he communicates on his products.
What I understand from his message is that it's possible to use *even* an alcohol lamp for heating. In other words, I can also use a flame or jet lighter (or whatever I prefer).

And I like to imagine that it can also work with an ember from a campfire or barbecue ?

About clean airflow, if I think of the Vapman, airflow contact '24k gold plated copper' heater element. Here, the heater element is made of 'heat-resistant stainless steel', not gold-plated but "clean" :tup:

Screenshot-2023-08-18-at-21-58-26-Heizelement-Rossner´s-sehr-guter-Teedrogenverdampfer-e1692390591412.png

"Heating Element Description
The heating element is next to the glass tube the core of the very good tea drug vaporizer. It is made of a non-rusting, heat-resistant stainless steel and has such a selected geometry that it can be achieved together with the glass tube, an optimal vaporization temperature. Depending on how long you wait between insertion into the glass tube and inhalation, the optimal evaporation conditions can be created for each tea drug. So you always get a perfect and ecological vapor enjoyment, without batteries and natural gas."
The problem is that the residues from the gaz torch or the alcool lamp (that are not safe for the health) will be directly in the air flow. It is not like the anvil or the BFG where you torch the outside part of the element that will be in the airflow.

Alligator427,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm also wondering about air retention.

It's true that the heating element goes quite deep into the glass tube and risks frying bits of grass stuck to the glass. What a shame if there's a bit of combustion :brow:

I'll let you know how it goes when it's in use, and particularly answer your question about herbs that can get stuck :tup:

This vaporizer seems simple, even rudimentary in its operation, and I think that's what charms me and gives me confidence in it.

The idea of being able to use it at the edge of a fire on an ember without a lighter or battery is brilliant in my opinion.

Yeah. The simplicity of this vape is why I'm still here asking questions.

I like the idea, but yeah, the worry I get immediately is both the taste imparted from bits of plant matter stuck on the glass coming into contact with the heater.. But, maybe the level of heat just keeps the glass clean and doesn't allow anything to stick :shrug:

I like simple designs like this, because they are versatile, and can last practically a lifetime as long as you can replace the glass if it breaks. And this simple glass tube shouldn't be too hard to replace, even if the manufacturer is no more. That's the kind of product I like.

olysh pops

I received the Rossner Tea Vaporizer and have been using it for a week or more.

As the video from its designer shows, the preparation and operation of the RTV are simple and it's a hitter.
I'm sharing my experience.

Rossner Tea Vaporizer - All items

I use a butane torch 20-30s to bring the heater up to temperature before each session. It must be possible to use a 14mm coil too.

I place the basket so that the top of the grass is 15 mm from the heating element and 5 mm with the hash. I use screens, fold them and place them on the basket. It also works with a ball wrapped in a screen.

Rossner Tea Vaporizer - With screens and hash

The position of the basket in the tube and the waiting time once the heater is in the tube are the levers of temperature, taste and clouds.

Personally, I wait little or not at all, make 2 sessions of 4 huge puffs, turn the screens over and make 2 more sessions of 3 to 4 big puffs.
The luminosity of red matter is fascinating, like fire. At the end of the evening, I sometimes have to say to myself 'eh stop heating' hahaha

If combustion is approaching, or if I'm only doing one session, I remove the heater from the tube.

RTV-5.jpg
Rossner Tea Vaporizer - With hash

The airflow is restricted by the heater in the tube. With hash, which often clogs vaporizers a little, it's not so obvious, but with herb it is.
Cleaning the glass tube and occasionally burning the basket is all that's needed.

Its designer emphasizes simplicity, durability of the equipment, quiet and gentle vaporization as well as possibility of use with many type of heating system; I think he's achieved his goals.

Rossner Tea Vaporizer - Red heater

Ps I painted the box chocolate/vanilla, it comes in natural wood.
Ps2 If herbs get stuck in the tube, they can be removed with a brush when the tube is cold or with a cloth

Last edited:
Top Bottom