Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I found I was getting slightly less return on the larger runs and put it down to me not de-stalking as much. :myday:

I've not been de-stalking any of this. Its fantastic bud but the returns are lousy, its saving grace being that the returns are consistent across the board with nearly every bag being the same, from 160u, to these 15u. 10g loads, 15, or 20. And there has only been a slight variation in yield when it comes to heat (4%, which would soon mount up tho).

I've just done the last squish I'll do of flower until the pre-press arrives. Went up in temp again a bit, ~210f. Kinda the highest temp I wanna go. Did only one press this time, no going in for a second press yet. Yield stayed with that extra 2%.

I think I'll be sticking with these 15u bags tbh! No appreciable loss of yield, it just seems to be down to packing and pressing method I reckon?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just did a 10g squish of decent bud(no de stem needed) for a combined 1.9g (19%) yield,
img_20200210_164712-jpg.16178

Turned into this,
img_20200211_155500-jpg.16179

Why do you have 6 presses?

Same reason I have 150 snare drums.LOL

Actually, it's a learning curve. I keep buying until I get to the best (for me). I bought 5 presses and when I bought my DabPress tiny 3 ton all-in-one..... I reached the top and stopped. The 3x3, 3 ton is perfect for me.

Most people like the 10 ton with the separate pump. Everyone likes something different.

However, in the end, it's DabPress that is the common answer. Go to DabPress.com and pick your model. You can't beat them for quality, price AND service. It's not often you get all 3 but DabPress does it.

Good luck

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
OK, got a little more use out of the pre press and it def makes things quicker, simpler, and much less fuss. I wish I'd had one right from the start. Highly recommended bit of kit, IMHO. Loading up the bags is so much less fuss and hassle and pressing itself is more straightforward. I havent yet, but Im pretty sure I could do two ounces at a time now and not lose any yield. Its much easier to press 20g now I have a pre press, I can tell you that much :)

Speaking of which, pre - press plus the 15 u bags is fantastic. No loss of yield at all and the rosin is fucking lovely. I've resolved my over packing and over pressing issues, and if anything, yield has gone up ever so slightly.

15u bags survived completely intact after a first press, fold, and then going in for a second press. Not a sign of any slight split or breakage on the bag.

Last edited:

btka

Force, psi, pressure gauges, and how to calculate psi at your material. Master Class

found this on reddit:

"PRESSURE GAUGES THAT READ IN PSI ONLY

Next Up we have the more in depth math for pressure gauges that read in psi and don't have a specific hydraulic cylinders diameter paired to it.

For these style of hydraulics, the PSI reading is the current oil pressure being supplied by the hand pump, and we need to take into account the hydraulic cylinders active surface area. (The active surface area, is the surface area of the hydraulic cylinder's ram on the flat face.)

The next bit of math will be specific to BVA low profile cylinders, but most suppliers do have specifications for their cylinders so you can cross reference specific numbers that relate to your hydraulics.

BVA LOW PROFILE CYLINDER SPECS

First things first, with this info here we can already double check out math to ensure we are on the right track.

We will take the 10 and 20 tons for reference at the moment.

We want to look at the internal pressure at capacity which is the max psi of the oil that can be supplied to the hydraulic cylinder (the max value you should be putting on your pump gauge)

With these max psi values, we can then multiply them by their respective cylinders's effective area.

For the 10 ton cylinder, we take 8511 psi, and multiply it by 2.35 square inches, which sits us at a pretty 20000.85 pounds of force, or 10 tons.

For the 20 ton cylinder, we take 9153 psi, and multiply by 4.37 square inches, which gets us to 39998.61, just under 20 tons.

Hitting Specific psi at material: (Desired psi at material x material surface area) / cylinder effective surface area = psi required on gauge

so, lets use the 20 ton for reference in this case and we want to hit 1500 psi on a 3x4 (12 square inch) material pack.

1500 psi x 12 square inches = 18000 pounds of force needed to hit 1500 psi on 12 square inches

18000 pounds of force / 4.37 square inches ( cylinder effective surface area) = 4118.99 psi required on your pressure gauge.

The major thing to note with the psi style pressure gauges is that they are reliant on knowing your cylinders effective area to know the force being supplied."

https://www.reddit.com/r/rosin/comments/a7bya1/force_psi_pressure_gauges_and_how_to_calculate/

Can someone help me to understand and tell me how I would calculate with for my
10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press - 3x5 Inches dabpress with Hydraulic Hand Pump with Gauge (dabpress)...

BTW I want to press bubble how much psi with 2x4" bag (the dimensions of the prepressed bag with bubble will be around 2x0.5") ... and which temperature ( I saw from 120 to 220/230 f on youtube videos and so)? I want to use it for jar tech experiments... and should I double bag to prevent blow outs? ... on youtube they double bag most of the time...which micron size bag 25 or 37? any other important things to take care or consider?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just cleaned up all my 160u rosin with the 15u bags. Its made enough of a difference to make the dab experience just that little bit nicer. Obviously, no loss in yield but considering how quick doing this 'clean up' was and how noticeable the difference is, another +1 for the 15u bags from rosinevolution.com.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So you did your initial press with 160s, then you bagged that return in a 15 and repressed?

Or did you double bag, a 160 bag inside a 15 bag?

The former. I had a load of rosin pressed at 160u, split bags u, and no bag u. Bagged the rosin in 15u, pressed and cleaned.

EDIT: I tried the rosin pre 15u clean, and post 15u clean. World of difference. I'm def with @invertedisdead on this now, no more higher micron bags for me. There is negligible appreciable yield loss and the rosin quality difference is very apparent. Its nice to have finally found a method I like. Tho its very easy to make thca by accident :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom