1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP'S.....

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by lwien, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Click to play YouTube Video

Keep Talking facts :).
    Recording
    Written by David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Polly Samson, it was sung by Gilmour and also features samples of Stephen Hawking's electronic voice, taken from a BT television advertisement (this same commercial would be sampled again in "Talkin' Hawkin'" from Pink Floyd's next and final studio album, The Endless River).[2] Gilmour chose to use the speech after crying to the commercial, which he described as "the most powerful piece of television advertising that I’ve ever seen in my life.”[3] The song also makes some use of the talk box guitar effect.

Squiby, StormyPinkness and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

3. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

4. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

Weird, I just watched a youtube video of "Gunny" shooting with a beautiful young lady just the other day. RIP.

Another RIP that most here would probably never even think of is to Mitzi Shore, who passed a few days ago.

Some might know her as Pauly Shores mother, but what many likely don't realize is that without her (and her ex-husband, who originally helped purchase the Comedy Store) stand up comedy as we know it currently in America (and likely the entire world, as many modeled their comedy on that of the US) would not exist.

RIP to the comedy Goddess as well. :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 11:42 PM
  5. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

I know nobody here will remember the greatest name in overnight, talk radio, but it has to be Art Bell. His cadence and tone were incredible. He could read the white pages over the air and you would love it. He was my friendly voice in the night . . . helping me sleep when I could not. I will never forget him. He also opened up the airwaves to the paranormal etc . . . Coast to Coast Am is Art Bell. He created it and there will never be a substitute.

RIP Art . . . I will miss you . . .. :cry:

[​IMG]

6. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

@t-dub me too friend, me too. :cry: The man was SOLID radio GOLD :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

7. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

Oh, man. I didn't even realize Art Bell passed too. (I'm clearly kinda out of the loop)

For you youngin's, pre youtube, and even internet, most people got their paranormal and "conspiracy" info from Art.

A true OG, and will be sorely missed.

8. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Word .. . thanks for that . . .
    Thanks you guys, maybe Art had more fans here than I realized . . . :peace:

9. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

R. Lee and Art Bell will both be missed by me greatly. RIP!

pxl_jockey, Vitolo, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  10. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

11. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors