RIP'S.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
One of my favorites was "The End" with his buddy Dom DeLuise. Burt plays a suicidal mental patient trying to get Dom, a fellow patient, to kill him. Hilarity ensues.

-------------------
Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Paul Allen dies of cancer.
merlin_23861630_2f9aa793-3a73-42dd-ba32-5be4c425626c-articleLarge.jpg

Mr. Allen, left, and Bill Gates on Oct. 19, 1981, after signing a contract with IBM to supply its line of personal computers with Microsoft software. It was a watershed moment for both

merlin_78392323_fe1dc987-7d6f-4af3-967e-f54ff319dae2-articleLarge.jpg

Paul G. Allen in 2014. “In his own quiet and persistent way, he created magical products, experiences and institutions, and in doing so, he changed the world,” a Microsoft statement said.CreditCreditBéatrice de Géa for The New York Times

By Steve Lohr

• Oct. 15, 2018
Paul G. Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft who helped usher in the personal computing revolution and then channeled his enormous fortune into transforming Seattle into a cultural destination, died on Monday in Seattle. He was 65.

The cause was complications of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, his family said in a statement.

The disease recurred recently after having been in remission for years. He left Microsoft in the early 1980s, after the cancer first appeared, and, using his enormous wealth, went on to make a powerful impact on Seattle life through his philanthropy and his ownership of the N.F.L. team there, ensuring that it would remain in the city.

Mr. Allen was a force at Microsoft during its first seven years, along with his co-founder, Bill Gates, as the personal computer was moving from a hobbyist curiosity to a mainstream technology, used by both businesses and consumers.

When the company was founded, in 1975, the machines were known as microcomputers, to distinguish the desktop computers with the hulking machines of the day. Mr. Allen came up with the name Micro-Soft, an apt one for a company that made software for small computers. The term personal computer would become commonplace later.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
:rip: Stan Lee

A man whose name and art will continue on for generations, inspiring and entertaining so many people.
Comics world took a shot to the heart in 2018 with the passing of great writer Steve Ditko(Spider-man co-creator) and now Stan The Man. :(

My sons(5 thru 13), who are growing up with their father's appreciation for all things Marvel, always got such a kick "spotting" Stan in his appearances in the Marvel cinematic universe after I pointed it out in the 1st Marvel movie we watched together.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
:rip: Stan Lee

A man whose name and art will continue on for generations, inspiring and entertaining so many people.
Comics world took a shot to the heart in 2018 with the passing of great writer Steve Ditko(Spider-man co-creator) and now Stan The Man. :(

My sons(5 thru 13), who are growing up with their father's appreciation for all things Marvel, always got such a kick "spotting" Stan in his appearances in the Marvel cinematic universe after I pointed it out in the 1st Marvel movie we watched together.

Imagining the reunion of Stan and Jack Kirby :)

A fan who was deep into it already in the early 1960's :)

TeeJay1952

Stan said:
“Now, we’re not trying to say it’s unreasonable for one human being to bug another. But, although anyone has the right to dislike another individual, it’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race—to despise an entire nation—to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance. For then, and only then, will we be truly worthy of the concept that man was created in the image of God—a God who calls us ALL—His children.”

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Vitolo

Vaporist

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Pickin' and a Grinnin' Roy Clark passed away at 85. The man could play anything: such talent.

Not a country music fan but used to watch this(or at least they watched it while I was playing or being a pita) as a child at my grandparents every Sat night. I believe it was after The Lawrence Welk Show, and before Love Boat and Fantasy Island. Never a fan(nor a detractor) but have much respect for someone who can bring joy and entertainment(even if gitchy) to so many others. Sad but Clark lived what appeared to be a long, fruitful life. Many accomplishments and accolades to his credit. RIP

Top Bottom