RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's not that expensive. You don't have to change it very often. It's also much thicker than water so it catches any small particles which makes your hits with it somewhat smoother. It lasts 40 bowls for combustion, and since vaping doesn't have as much crap in it it lasts me forever. When it gets nasty all I do is rinse the glass piece I'm using in hot water and it looks brand new. Also it's clear and doesn't effect the taste of your herb. On the site you get 3 bottles for $25 and free USA domestic shipping. 1 Bottle can easily last me a month. I love it even more for dabbing because the buildup just sits there and doesn't stick to any surface that the piece water is on.
It seems an interesting concept and might be worth trying, but I would like to hear from some others using it before doing so. I have been using CE since I first read about how well it worked in this thread some 6 or 7 years ago.

Since you brought it up why not create a thread for it and we can discuss it there. There may be many in this group already using it. This is the first I have ever heard of it...

Never mind creating a thread. I just did it here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/bong-water-alternatives.50837/

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That Piecewater is so expensive. Too much if I have to change it out every day, like I currently do with water. Does it last several days use between changing it out or something?

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I've used and still use the cranberry extract, but I also have experience with the Piece Water. The cranberry extract is really good for keeping your piece clean, but I would always change it out after 2-3 days. Always afraid of getting some "growth" in the water since you're dealing with something organic. It does work great though! :tup:

The Piece Water really works well for getting a lot of days out of your glass. I've kept it going occasionally for up to 3 weeks. When it's time to change it out, just rinse out with some hot water. I do ISO it also, and then rinse again. Comes out perfect. :)

The few negatives (to me) are: Only stays clear for a day or 3 before starting to cloud up. Not a biggie, but it bugs me a bit. Then there's the smell.
Oh, it has no smell when it's clean and fresh, but by the second week it has a particular rank from all that vapor passing through it, that I find a bit unappealing.

As to the price. If you use it moderately and not vaping all day long, one filling will last at least a couple of weeks. So if you buy the 3 pack, it can last you a number of months.

Like I said, I use it along with switching to the cranberry extract as the mood strikes me. I usually buy the Piece Water once or twice a year and always with a holiday discount like when this next 4/20 arrives. They always have a good deal for days like that. :nod:

Ramahs

If it starts to smell after a couple days or more, like water does...then I would say that it doesn't last more than a couple days (about the same as water with CE).

And the CE only costs me about $6 for a 1oz bottle on Amazon, and it lasts me a month or more of changing my water almost every day. I put 8-10 drops in my small to medium water pieces, and 15-20 drops in my larger water piece.

But yeah, you definitely want to change out the water with CE every couple of days at most. I've seen little white spherical foamy things forming after about 4 days.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It lasts, @Ramahs even with the background smell. Absolutely nothing starts to "grow" in it like the CE. And the smell doesn't permeate the surroundings, it's only noticeable when taking a close sniff.

I'd say the PW is more for the lazy among us that want more days between cleanings, and the CE for those that are in to cleaning more regularly.

Both have there pluses and minuses...as with all things.

If it came down to only one choice, I'd pick the CE every time. I like the clean glass look most of the time (except when I get lazy). :cool:

stonewatcher

Natures Answer CE + citric acid made a noticeable difference in reducing resin buildup. I would recommend!

My daily glass cleaning is now “rinse with iso” rather than “shake vigorously for 60 seconds” to remove buildup. I would recommend this to anyone on the fence.

Last edited:

Ramahs

My daily glass cleaning is now “rinse with iso” rather than “shake vigorously for 60 seconds” to remove buildup. I would recommend this to anyone on the fence.

To be perfectly honest, as long as I am cleaning daily and using CE, I usually just rinse (maybe 5 seconds of shaking each time) with hot water. I find myself only feeling the need to do an iso rinse every 1-2 weeks.

Natures Answer CE + citric acid made a noticeable difference in reducing resin buildup.

I've only ever used CE, but it makes sense that a bit of CA would improve the solution. I'll have to try it :tup:

John Lewus

I am a huge fan of Cranberry Extract. I recently got into dabs and I noticed the water gets cloudy really quick vs having the oil build up on the glass. I know it is a bit gross but I did three days of dabs (maybe 12 total) before cleaning and a little chunk of something emulsified in my cranberry. I am tempted to see if would be a decarbed edible that formed in there.

stonewatcher

Just thought I would let you all know that at this moment Botanic Choice CE is on sale for $7 with free shipping. This is the best deal in a while...

I hadn't noticed there is a code for the free shipping. BCFSNOW
Thanks for the info! Grabbed 3 for just under $21 with free shipping. I generally pay $10 each for Natures Answer through Amazon.

Also try code “WELCOME” for %15 off orders of $35 or more. I can not guarantee you can stack coupons

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I already had 3 bottles on the shelf, but I couldn't pass up the free shipping and ordered a couple more. The last ones I got had an exp date of 2024, so I'm not worried about spoilage. I keep them in a cool dark cabinet anyway. I just looked and I have about 20 empties on that shelf with their droppers. Can anyone think of a use for them? I'm just a hoarder I guess...

stonewatcher

I already had 3 bottles on the shelf, but I couldn't pass up the free shipping and ordered a couple more. The last ones I got had an exp date of 2024, so I'm not worried about spoilage. I keep them in a cool dark cabinet anyway. I just looked and I have about 20 empties on that shelf with their droppers. Can anyone think of a use for them? I'm just a hoarder I guess...
Throw those suckers out my friend! I had quite the stash of 1g dab containers before I threw em out. Unless you’re into essential oils or something I see no use

stonewatcher,
Reactions: Vitolo

MoltenTiger

The food grade dropper vials would be perfect for tincture, or I guess PG/VG vape juice, if you know anyone using either. Or cid in dangerous quantities.
Otherwise an isopropyl storage and low volume dispenser could be handy to have for sure.
If you ever need to fill a micro bubbler... It's the perfect tool for that niche task that will only pop up if you do get rid of them

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Otherwise an isopropyl storage and low volume dispenser could be handy to have for sure.

Yep! Exactly what I use the one I found buried in the bathroom medicine cabinet for... the glass dropper is nice for squirting cold iso deep in a hot insert to cool and clean quickly... as well it's also great for OTG to quickly swab and clean an errant vapcap/stem:
D5D821B8-18D1-4454-81DD-8449C9C0BBFB.jpeg

cptofnthng

i have found a bottle of Grapefruit extract and i feel its also helping with Aroma and cleanness. never tried Cranberry. hard to get here

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
For anyone interested in more specific quantities (what classifies as small/med/large for each person?) I have been pre-mixing my rig solution at the below measurements. They have all been arbitrarily arrived at by questionably arcane methods, but seem to be working so far. If anyone has quantities or measurements that worked for them I’d be happy to hear.

100ml distilled water
8-10 drops CE
0.6ml citric acid

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The code was BXDEC21, but that sale ended yesterday. What they have today is a price reduced by $3 a bottle. Not quite as good but better than $10 a pop. This is the regular sale price I usually end up paying.

Top Bottom