Replacing volcano

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOOM

I have an older version of the volcano with the new value set. Been using it off and on for over 4 years. Was never a fan of it although it does get me extremely lit. Also looking away from using bag.

Portable or plugin is fine.

Looking for thick vapor where you can taste the herb flavor. Budget is 75-200. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DOOM,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I have an older version of the volcano with the new value set. Been using it off and on for over 4 years. Was never a fan of it although it does get me extremely lit. Also looking away from using bag.

Looking for thick vapor where you can taste the herb flavor. Budget is 75-200. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to FC. I recommend the ones in my signature

The DaVinci (msrp$199.)IMHO is among the best on the portable market right now and falls right in your budget. Extremely powerful,portable, and versatile. Not to forget there customer service is also among the best in the biz. thread found here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/davinci-pocket-vaporizer-by-karma.4928/

Or if you can hold out a bit. For a extra $50.00 The Ascent is set to be released in May. This one looks extremely promising. User replaceable all glass vapor path, long battery life, fast warm up time,and it has the ability to do oils. Thread found here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ascent-vaporizer-by-da-vinci.8179/

The Extreme Q Has the ability to give huge flavorful hits as well and is also in the budget you outlined. It has a good track record. And it allows for the user to choose between a whip or bag. Thread found here.http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/
There are so many in that price range that are great but thats just my:2c:.
Hope this helps and enjoy:tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

max

Out to lunch
Keep in mind that the thickest vapor is high temp, which has the worst flavor. Aside from that caution, the thickest and most flavorful vapor, start to finish, is going to be found with an AC unit. A portable will poop out on you in the flavor dept. pretty quick due to the short air path and smaller bowl. It's the price you pay for small size. You may want to consider a 7th Floor model- time tested and high quality. The SSV can achieve an extremely high vapor density with it's small heater cover opening. The DBV doesn't have quite as high of a vapor/air ratio, but it's still very good and the hits are more predictable- better price obviously. The LSV is very popular if you want to use a glass piece.

OO

Technical Skeptical
A portable will poop out on you in the flavor dept. pretty quick due to the short air path and smaller bowl.
I have the opposite opinion.
Those I vape with think have tried a few different vapes, and they all think the hammer has the best flavor, and it has the shortest air path and smallest bowl.

Which is one reason why I so often recommend freebase style vapes.

OO,

DOOM

The DaVinci, their video almost sold me but after reading some customer reviews, I think I was wait for 2nd generation of models.

I've seen nothing but good reviews on The hammer and Solo. SSV seems pretty bad ass too.

Off to youtube to see these bad boys in action. Thanks so far for the suggestions so far.

DOOM,

cellardoor

+1 on the Extreme Q. Currently hitting an elbow packed whip as I type this and I couldn't be happier. I got mine for $160.

cellardoor,

OO

Technical Skeptical
The DaVinci, their video almost sold me but after reading some customer reviews, I think I was wait for 2nd generation of models.

I've seen nothing but good reviews on The hammer and Solo. SSV seems pretty bad ass too.

Off to youtube to see these bad boys in action. Thanks so far for the suggestions so far.
Allow me to inform you of the downside to the hammer.

I'm exceptionally clumsy and I use the tubes. I break them quite frequently. At this point I've broken 6 tubes and an additional chillum. If you are clumsy, finding alternatives to the standard tubes is something I would recommend.

I've contacted a vendor on here about getting some wood stems for it, I'm really spent on the whole glass thing, it means I have to resort to other vapes when I would rather be using the hammer.

I still want to get the GonG adapter though, as well as the lock on for it. But that's for the future.

OO,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I have the opposite opinion.
Those I vape with think have tried a few different vapes, and they all think the hammer has the best flavor, and it has the shortest air path and smallest bowl.

Which is one reason why I so often recommend freebase style vapes.
I just thought it may be good to amend this to include why. The number one determinant is Vapor to air ratio, the second is path narrowness, the third is path length/materials(relative to cooling or adsorb/absorption(affinity) of terpenes) (really a small factor).

The first and second factors are really close together.

OO,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I just thought it may be good to amend this to include why. The number one determinant is Vapor to air ratio, the second is path narrowness, the third is path length/materials(relative to cooling or adsorb/absorption(affinity) of terpenes) (really a small factor).

The first and second factors are really close together.

I see you mentioning "Freebase style vapes" often but I'm unsure as to what you mean by that. A google search wasn't much help, do you think you could elaborate? Would you consider the solo to be freebase style as well because of it's similar tube system to the hammer?

CentiZen,

smokie

I
I see you mentioning "Freebase style vapes" often but I'm unsure as to what you mean by that. A google search wasn't much help, do you think you could elaborate? Would you consider the solo to be freebase style as well because of it's similar tube system to the hammer?
I think the freebase ones are the ones with torch style lighter? Ubie etc... But wait for someone to confirm

smokie,

clouded vision

Yes freebasing is basically the same thing as vaporizing but just using a different substance. If the temperatures were right (maybe they are I have no idea as I don't indulge in any other substances (caffeine & the occasional drink excluded) and heating chamber would hold it you could freebase out of any of our vaporizers.

I wouldn't consider the ubie to be a freebase style pipe though because you pull the hot air off the end of the lighter through the ubie instead of using strictly conduction the way a traditional freebase pipe works. Something like the vapor-bong (vapo-bong? I forget the exact spelling) or the essential Vaaappp would be more of a freebase pipe. or any crack or meth pipe. While I have heard great things about lighter based vapes I just cant get over the crackhead feeling I get using them lol.

clouded vision,

hoptimum

Thanks

Within yout price range, I would recommend the Da Buddha for nice flavor at lower temps and big hits.

hoptimum,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Within yout price range, I would recommend the Da Buddha for nice flavor at lower temps and big hits.

+1. And there are two in the Classifieds for ~100USD.

OO, have you thought of acrylic tubes like in the MFLB?

vorrange,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Yeah, I consider any vape with a small tube you insert herbs into, then attach to a heat source or apply heat directly to "freebase-style". It's just a simple, basic design.
OO, have you thought of acrylic tubes like in the MFLB?

I had not, I will look into it, but the diameter must be somewhat similar to the Hammer's to be effective.
As well as the vapor pressures minimal up to 475* F.

DOOM

I narrowed my options to SSV, Solo, DaVinci, a few log vapes and I ultimately went for the Solo. Should arrive by Friday. Thanks again for suggestions.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, I consider any vape with a small tube you insert herbs into, then attach to a heat source or apply heat directly to "freebase-style". It's just a simple, basic design.

I had not, I will look into it, but the diameter must be somewhat similar to the Hammer's to be effective.
As well as the vapor pressures minimal up to 475* F.

The MFLB tubes won't work, they dont have bowl, it's just a sleek 3inch tube, but using acrylic would solve your problems.. just check the 475F threshold of course.

RockyDennisJr, i think you have done a great choice. :tup:

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom