Relocating to Colorado could use some help from FC

NickDlow

Log Hog
What's up @Silver420Surfer i just tuned in here. I've been reading your ups and downs, I gotta tell you that you're a brave soul. I don't even have my roots planted and I don't have the guts to get out of here. Not that I'm really looking for an MJ type of immigration so to speak. Either way MJ is absolutely prohibited at my company and in my job field period, it's federally regulated and they are a bunch of douche bags!

If this is your dream and you already have your foot in the door then I say keep it up! Maybe you could find a way to hold a p.o box there to still have a CO address and look for work from FL. Idk if that's feasible but it would be cheaper possible to just make the trip there rather than setting up shop temporally.

Either way I applaud your courageous decision what ever the outcome may be!:clap::tup:

Good luck with the upcoming interviews. Tell these fuckers why they need you!

Stay strong brother.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks for the update @Silver420Surfer !!!!

Many years ago a good friend did the same as you when his job and the career field he was in went sour. Him and his wife were equal in terms of bringing home the bacon until his job situation turned. They had one child and were in their late 30s. He said the worst part was the loneliness because he was kept busy during the days pounding the pavement and looking for work. He thought his previous career might be a decent lead in to the work he was looking to get into in his new city/state and to a certain extent it was BUT....He was competing with younger folk willing to take less and he was viewed as overqualified to boot. Long story short....he got to the point where he would take anything to make a buck and eventually landed a job well below his previous job, starting at the very bottom but at least it was in an industry where his previous expertise might be leveraged IF he got a chance. Took almost 2 years before a position opened up in that same company that met his needs. So after two years of showing up for a low level job and showing what he could do and what he was willing to do...he got his break. Of course some of that 'break' had to do with how little a raise they would have to give him to take on the more lofty gig and by then his entire family including his parents had moved to where he was.

I'm in awe of you and my buddy......Here's hoping you get this all straightened out sooner rather than later and get to be with your family. I'm rooting for ya!!!!!

HD Springer

@Silver420Surfer I've just read this whole thread and have caught up on your updates. Sorry to hear your troubles. I just returned home from that beautiful state of Colorado. I hope no matter what decision you make that you have safe journeys. Takes huge balls to do what you did. I'm a father of 4 and your story touched home to me. Try to stay positive one way or another.

woolspinner

Keep your chin up, man...

Why dont you look for something outside the industry to hold you over while you look for something in the industry? I thought you were an IT person by trade?

I 2nd this. Lots of tech jobs, particularly in Boulder & Denver. Then you can get situated, build a network and work your way into industry. We have someone staying with us temporarily who is doing that, but her field is different from yours. Good luck!

Top Bottom