• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Relocating to Colorado could use some help from FC

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hey all, my family and I are taking the big leap and uprooting our lives in Florida, to move to Colorado. Looking at Fort Collins, Broomfield, Longmont areas currently. Ideally we would be situated in Longmont but we are willing to consider other areas on the front range(I think that's the correct term). Minimum would be a 2 bedroom(there a 5 of us, 3 kids, wife, me) that accepts well behaved dogs, has a fenced yard. Not looking for the Taj Mahal, but a clean place is a must, and we will keep it that way too.

I didn't know if maybe one of our FC bretheren may be a realtor, or has a home for rent, or just has any insight to help. My wife and I would really appreciate it.

I have 15 years IT experience, but really want to work in the canna-industry. Maybe I can get in with MJFreeway or BioTrackTHC, or another company who deals with IT for the dispensaries. I am soo over looking at places on the interwebs(sooo many scams out there) and thought maybe I could ask FC for help, you all have helped so much for vaping, maybe FC can help me out with this too. Or point me in a better direction than I am going in currently. We own our current home in FL, haven't rented in over 10 years, but can provide prior landlord references, employment/professional/personal references, and anything to show you we're not scumbags lol.

Please feel free to PM me if you can offer any help.
Thank you very much for reading.

***Not a thread to discuss where to score or anything like that***

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Check out PadMapper.com. It aggregates listings from lots of different services, plots them on a map, and gives you a lot of options for filtering. It is mostly apartments, but also has listings of houses for rent.

I discovered this a few months after recently moving into a new apartment, and it would have made the search a lot easier!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks @nopartofme.
Apartments would really be a giant last resort for us.

I have been living on padmapper and hotpads.com, to no avail yet. We have started dialogue with a home owner in Fort Collins, but they said they had innumerable inquiries on the listing. So we aren't getting our hopes up. Finding out many people prefer to rent to people who are already living in Colorado, and I can understand that, but it gets frustrating. lol

Also just printed out the application for my Key badge and got it filled out. :rockon:(and I have nothing in my past to keep them from giving me one!!)

Thanks @Bouldorado ...I certainly will be in contact.

Well, yet another scammer crosses our path. :doh:

The FoCo house metioned above is no-go.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If you're planning on selling the Florida home through a real estate agent they may be able to assist finding you a rental in Colorado if they're national. When we moved from NJ to FL the agent who sold our NJ home worked with another agent in FL to find us a rental in FL.

We weren't charged a dime for the FL assistance because it turned out that several of the FL agents owned rental properties or were working with other customers who wanted to rent for a few months due to timing issues in their own sales. We got a nice deal on the rental too since all the financial info was already available due to our NJ sale.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Front Range housing market is pretty tough overall right now for buying and renting. Not enough inventory for the rate of increase in population. Just a heads up into why the search may be tougher than expected. I don't have anyone good to suggest, but wish you good luck!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yea, I wish I could of been able to relocate a few years ago, but, hindsight..
I appreciate you chiming in @c76man!

Hopefully some of the wells getting closed down may free up some housing. I heard something like 28% shut down in just one community.

Still remaining positive and will crash in a motel for short term(not my whole family just me), if I have to. I got this bug up my butt and for right or wrong, I gotta give it a shot. Some dreams are too good to give up on.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Well, I didn't find any FC'ers with a house for me to rent in CO, but I got some great advice from folks(PMs and thread messages). Just want to say thanks and I'll be starting my journey in just a few days.

Lots of emotions going on inside right now as I draw closer to leaving. Driving solo in a 13 yr old car, leaving my Mrs. and young kids behind(for now, they'll join me once I find settle in and find a house rental), wondering if I am doing the right f'ing thing, or have I lost my mind.

Child of the 70's here, so I thought this would be a good farewell theme for this thread(Cheesy, but I loved this show growing up, 2nd only to Happy Days lol).

Mods, you can close this thread if needed.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, good on ya, Dude. I dream of making that move myself, but it won't be any time soon. My home value hasn't come back near enough, so I'm at least a couple years away.

I hope the mods leave this thread up. There are likely to be many more CO bound folks, and this thread could be a good place to check in...

mixchu69

Silversurfer420,

A very bold and courageous move, but glad you are taking action instead of dreaming with no action. You always hear the cliche "The greatest risk in life is not taking one." And if you really want to work for one of those IT canna companies, hound them over and over. Be safe in your travels and hope all works out.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey @Silver420Surfer, hows it goin? Find a place yet? Where is it lookin you will end up? I think I would be happy in most places along the front range, but would prefer Boulder or Ft Collins (College towns). Unfortunately they are both kinda pricy, especially Boulder...

Rise&Solo

Hey @Silver420Surfer, hows it goin? Find a place yet? Where is it lookin you will end up? I think I would be happy in most places along the front range, but would prefer Boulder or Ft Collins (College towns). Unfortunately they are both kinda pricy, especially Boulder...

We retired and moved to Greeley almost a year ago. It is close to Ft. Collins and Loveland and is also a college town (UNC). The west part of town is the newer nicer part. It is quite a bit less expensive than Ft. Collins. However, I rarely see house rentals in the local paper. Lots of apartments (we live in a 2 BD 950 sq. ft. apt and pay about 900 per month - this is moderately high end for Greeley.). We do not have quite the selection of restaurants as FC or Loveland, but they are just a fairly short ride away And Denver is about an hour away. So we really have everything we could possibly need within an hour's drive. We have GREAT municipal recreational facilities here. There are multiple rec centers for the general public, kids, seniors, etc., 2 golf courses, water park for kids, ice skating rink - all city run and heavily subsidized. I have never lived anywhere that had such a variety and volume of recreational activities funded by the city.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I'm sorry I've been short on updates. Internet access up on Big Rock Hill in Loveland(I think that's correct) SUCKS. So I have been spotty at best, without for most. Same with my Sprint cell service.
Got in Thursday eve, just in time for the 3-4 inches that dropped as I was driving. What kinda welcome is that Colorado? lol

Hit up Organic Alternatives in Fort Collins for some in house made MK Ultra shatter, and some nice Mendocino Purps Live Resin. Nice! And today in Lyons, at the Bud Depot, got some medibles(drinks and candy).Super cool people at that store.

Anyway THANKS for all the well wishes and I will get more posted here soon. Looking at Ute Creek apts for short term, in Longmont.
Got my enail, rigs, Nectar Collector, a bunch of Clear and, Oil Refinery Co, concentrates(gifts from west coast lol) and the above mentioned I got here in Co. Hit me up in a PM or such if anyone wants to meet up or whatever).

Now, I can post pics and videos and shit. The @Silver420Surfer is LEGIT!!

Thanks all for checking in, I'll have more to post soon.

Top Bottom