Refining abv

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So cooking with abv is not the most pleasant thing sometimes as many of you know.. I have constantly been looking for ways to improve my final edible product.

Ive been doing this for a while now but I guessed many of you would find it useful. Refining the abv makes the particles smaller, eliminates most of the crunch and makes for an overall better edible experience.

So once you've collected enough abv for your purposes, just throw it in a ziplock baggie. I used my fingers to rub the abv into a fine powder using the bag. Works well, just pinch the bag and rub your fingers back and forth as if you were doing the classy sign for money.

After you get it down to a nice powder, pour it out. Find something like an ssv pick, toothpick, small flathead screwdriver etc. This you will use to sift through the abv looking for small peices of stem.

When you go through the abv, you will notice the nice plant material is soft and anything else you dont want, rock solid haha so it makes it easy. Takes a lot of time but it is well worth it.

In this last picture you can see to the left is normal abv that i got out of all my vapes. In the center at the bottom is all of the stems collected out of the pile to the right. The pile to the right is the powder form abv without any stems :D

Cooking with this abv makes eating a firecracker or some peanutbutter, etc more enjoyable.

HighSti,

weedemon

enthusiast
interesting dude :) kinda making into a flour substance there.

I can understand the benefit from stem removal too.

Nice share :)

weedemon,

Sour Deez

Could you filter through like a metal coffee filter after you make it a powder so you dont have to pick all the chunks out by hand? Or is that to fine?

Sour Deez,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
well the abv is still somewhat thick just because of its nature.. although depending on the size of the screen, it would be practical in theory; ive just never tried it myself. And if done correctly, that may be a way to save some serious time

HighSti,

Tuck

If you are going to this effort, you might consider just doing an ISO wash of your ABV and evaporating that off. Make sure it's completely evaporated and then cook with the hash oil leftover.

Tuck,

SmokingElectricity

put it in the food processor...

turns to dust :D

imag0231v.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
hatecraft said:
I just throw my ABV into a cheap electric coffee grinder. It powders it all in no time.

exactly what i do. takes 5 seconds to sawdust consistency!

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom