Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

turdhole

vagabond
Was it wrapped properly? Did it look like it happened in transit or before wrapping?

It was packaged nicely an no damage at all to the box.
Do we know for sure if they are actually making the pieces in the US or just reselling Chinese stuff? It seemed odd that GBD said putting a female joint was no problem then I get an email saying the recycler is compete but with a male joint but they'll include a female flower slide....smells fishy

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
That sucks, man. What's GBD? Just so I know to stay away from them!
So, I have not put my recycler away since I bought it a couple weeks ago. It's from Fish Bowl Glass and made not too far from me. I paid a little over $300 for it at my favorite LHS. I'll post some pics here tomorrow if I think of it. There are some now over on the Recent Aqusitions thread :)

ogcook

That sucks, man. What's GBD? Just so I know to stay away from them!
So, I have not put my recycler away since I bought it a couple weeks ago. It's from Fish Bowl Glass and made not too far from me. I paid a little over $300 for it at my favorite LHS. I'll post some pics here tomorrow if I think of it. There are some now over on the Recent Aqusitions thread :)
http://glassblowersdirect.com/products/

Can't wait to see some pictures!

ogcook,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
An upcoming blower out of Eugene, OR: a Pyroglyphic Internal Recycler. I love this baby abnd never saw anything from them before. My LHS just got it and of course it didn't last long. It hits awesome, interesting perc action. Yes a vid is needed (soon :) )
Pyroglyphic%20Internal%20Recycler.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I'm still waiting on the postage for my first (and 2nd) recycler, so still no first hand experience, but looking at those incyclers has me thinking.

The incyclers are essentially putting the recycling funnel inside the main can, so the bubbles stack up into it and recycle back down the centre right?

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to do an inverted incycler?

Where it'd stack bubbles up the internal can, and spit the water out the top back into the outer main can?

I've thought something like that would be cool even before I knew about recyclers etc, now I'm thinking it might actually be possible :brow:

Edit:
Now I'm mulling it over more, I'm thinking this is totally doable...
Gonna have to start mocking some ideas up in paint :D
I'll call it the "make it rain" perc :lol:

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
So I'm still waiting on the postage for my first (and 2nd) recycler, so still no first hand experience, but looking at those incyclers has me thinking.

The incyclers are essentially putting the recycling funnel inside the main can, so the bubbles stack up into it and recycle back down the centre right?

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to do an inverted incycler?

Where it'd stack bubbles up the internal can, and spit the water out the top back into the outer main can?

I've thought something like that would be cool even before I knew about recyclers etc, now I'm thinking it might actually be possible :brow:
I am sure its possible. I can vision what you are saying...

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Should work fine, just another kind of concentric recycler. Just make sure the inner column decreases in cross-sectional-area as the outer one increases. Disc perk in the centre chamber, intake just under it, stemless passing through both walls to the centre, and holes connecting the inner and outer chambers well below the level of the intake to allow cycling. There'll have to be a flow restriction in the drain chamber too, or you won't be able to get the water to build up in there. Probably easiest-managed by bringing the centre chamber's walls really close to the outer walls.

Also, this type won't whirlpool, because it drains through a ring-shaped opening, not a tiny round one. The level will just recede slowly and uniformly when you stop drawing, which looks less cool than a whirlpool, which is why concentric recyclers usually drain though the centre chamber rather than the outside.

Suggestion: Make the output hole to the centre chamber reasonably small (<1/4" or so), and then angle it and use it as a foam jet to get some rotational motion going in the outer chamber. As-in, instead of spraying upwards, it bends to the wall, then bends again to aim its jet such that it gives rotational momentum to the foam dumped in the outer chamber, such that it spins round the piece as it drains. You could have two or three such jet tube exits, evenly-spaced around the can, but that'd add cost/complexity, and just one would also work. Would have the advantage of fununctioning as a pretty good splash-guard, too. Or, the top of the centre chamber could be cylindrical, widish, and have rotaty jet holes picked and angled in a ring around the top of it. Probably easier. Lots of approaches though...

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It took me about a week to get my tracking number, I didn't get t until I followed up asking how the order was going.

But I asked for one with a female joint instead of male, so that probably added a bit of a delay to the proceedings.

I think it should be here this week, then I can finally say I'm part of the recycler club :D

Tweek

Recycler came in :D...I love it! My only complaints: I didn't get what I ordered off the site:shrug: I placed an order for the inline only, and the one I saw did not have a scalloped bowl...I ended up getting a unit with the honeycomb and a scalloped bowl. Not a big deal, but weird.

Other than that, it is a solid little piece for the price! Shipped fast, clean...the stem is crooked, but whatever. About to run some water through it soon.

ogcook

Recycler came in :D...I love it! My only complaints: I didn't get what I ordered off the site:shrug: I placed an order for the inline only, and the one I saw did not have a scalloped bowl...I ended up getting a unit with the honeycomb and a scalloped bowl. Not a big deal, but weird.

Other than that, it is a solid little piece for the price! Shipped fast, clean...the stem is crooked, but whatever. About to run some water through it soon.

Pics!

Shame you didn't get what you wanted. Have you tried contacting them?

Tweek

Pics!

Shame you didn't get what you wanted. Have you tried contacting them?

Nah, I figured it's not worth it. I got a great price, it shipped quickly and there were no duties. Can't get much better than that. I know this won't be my last recycler, and already have my eye on some pieces by Hamm and Beer, that I dream of buying one day, when I actually have some money to burn.

That may take a looong while though :D

ogcook

Nah, I figured it's not worth it. I got a great price, it shipped quickly and there were no duties. Can't get much better than that. I know this won't be my last recycler, and already have my eye on some pieces by Hamm and Beer, that I dream of buying one day, when I actually have some money to burn.

That may take a looong while though :D

Yeah I feel ya on not wanting to make a stink, but who knows, maybe they'll hook you up with something! Worst case if they tell you to return it for a swap out decline.

Tweek

I don't do videos that often, but I figured you guys got me into Recyclers and turned me onto a sweet deal, so why not. This is just a teaser I slapped together. Water only. Once I have something decent to milk, I will recut it. Password to view is: fc ...sorry about that, but it won't let me share via link without it becoming public on vimeo, which I do not want :

Last edited:
Top Bottom