Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
After you went a bit overboard on the last shop, I wouldn't expect too many suggestions here. You also took the same rant over to red**t.com, I just happened to stumble upon it over there whilst taking a break from here. I had an issue with a blower that is still not resolved, but I wouldn't blow him up on a public site like that. I am looking for resolve, not trash him.

In all fairness to you who234, the listing for those 2 is shady, imo. They should be listed as they same piece/price, not one as a micro. It looks to me this could of been avoided on their part by offering 2 pieces that look identical, sans one having a "slightly" taller mouthpiece. The specs claim same weight, and W x L x H, except for the non-micro is listed at 1" taller. But yet a $50 difference. $50 for a freaking inch of clear glass?!?! RIP-OFF.

Looks like they should of listed them as either micros at $204 and listed size of 7-8" in height, obviously allowing for subtle differences do to being handmade. Or listed them all at $255 at a height of 7-8" with subtle dif for being handmade. From my glass buying understanding, that is an acceptable variation(1 inch) from what may have been listed at time of purchase on website. How many members would return work/request refund for a piece being an inch taller/shorter. I would contact the blower himself and CALMLY explain situation and see what he thinks should be done. :2c:

I know what it's like to work your @ss off, pony up the $$$ for a piece, and be totally and utterly disappointed, I swear I do. I just prefer to see how my case is resolved before I would ever take it to the internets. Best of luck in your resolve. Ejr will hopefully ride in and save yur day.

Edit: Didn't see bassplayers post saying to contact Ejr.--Good advice lol

yOUR posting on a weed vape message board, you're worried about privacy, :doh:.
You can get his contact info from FB or a simple googly search, no need to POST on FB.

Here, you made me so mad i got the info for you from a site called FC(http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/earl-jr-glass.9311/)
http://www.earljrstudio.com/ Look at the bottom left under Contact info

Last edited:

bassplayer

I may have to try that. If you guys haven't noticed I am kind of a paranoid :). I didnt really want to associate my FB account, due to the whole NSA thing. Sometimes you have to do what you got to do.
I emailed Earl Jr on FB asking if he has other ways to reach him for ordering

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
i'll pm you earl jr's email. keep in mind he is ultra busy and my buddy said he just came back from vacation so he is behind. However, I would go to him direct. At this point, get your money back. I am sorry this happened and wasn't my experience, but I firmly believe you on the situation.

I would ask for a confirmation email of the return, a RMA number and request the shipping label via email. At least the email will help you if they never send it with your CC company.

I think they should change their website description and state possible variance. Also a reference for size in the shot. Many times I myself have been under the wrong expectations based on just an image with little description. Now I call and ask before buying.

Finally, maybe email Earl Jr describe the pipe and expectations then ask if the pipe is the correct one. what would be worse is you get the same thing again.

It cool and hope all works out. The best is to stay strong and calm. Don't give them an out because clearly it wasn't what you wanted. If the shaft you then by all means warn others of the experience, just when there is no other solution except your CC company.

thanks on the complements. I hope I can inspire people in many ways including helping resolve poor customer service, which this clearly is. I have seen both sides of the fence here when it comes to this. Normally, I think the shop should just correct it because it's only shipping and their business rate isn't that much. Small cost in the return because you would be here praising them and that's worth more than shipping. Poor business sense...

edit: a 2" difference out of 8" is significant. Its not like it is 24" where 2" wouldn't be noticed much :)

Last edited:

Who234

Thank you guys, I am sorry that if I upset any of you that was not my intention. I realize the irony of the situation in regards to my privacy. I realize I may of gone a little overboard with the posting on forums, but it just did not sit right with me. Photorider, I agree with your assessment, if it was up to me I would of taken care of the customer, removed the sizes from my listing unless asked, and updated my shipping policy so that it was worded how I wanted it to be, and then chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

I did try sending an email the Earl on his website but I did not receive a response. I understand he is busy and I am not necessarily looking for something custom, I just wanted to have one of his fantastic recyclers. If you guys could send me his email/email him on my behalf that would be awesome, but I probably should just man up an IM him my self.

Again, thank you guys, FC is a place that is a fountain of knowledge. I hope I didnt offend anyone here, I would like to post more, but I want to try to remain as discreet as possible. I realize this whole situation has had the opposite effect. I will keep your guy's advice in mind and wait until the situation has been resolved before publicly criticizing a company.

PhotoRider

i found an large earl jr on a fb glass group for $285. large and with some slime dots... maybe the right size for you.

PhotoRider,

Who234

i found an large earl jr on a fb glass group for $285. large and with some slime dots... maybe the right size for you.
I am open to suggestions, would you happen to have a link of it or is it private ? Its kind of tough to say right now before I get a refund. Although it might be nice to have one on hand before all the shipping bs. My ideal one would be something like this

I am not sure if that design is very expensive or if it is not very effective.

PhotoRider

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201208044269224&set=gm.233814556780088&type=1&theater

Its at $265 now, lowered, comes with TI nail also. Only thing is a closed group, you must apply for membership, but the except you... “Glass Recyclers” FB group. Here is an image of it :)
1455148_10201208044269224_346811625_n.jpg

I think its art least 8”

Got an email from Shanman glass, my fully worked recycler is done and here is an image of it. Can’t wait to get it... Maybe I will sell the other one which is semi worked, but the same body... Bedding for a skull for the XMAS tree too :)
0bf991c45bb411e3a3d112226e1e851a_8.jpg

Last edited:

Who234

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201208044269224&set=gm.233814556780088&type=1&theater

Its at $265 now, lowered, comes with TI nail also. Only thing is a closed group, you must apply for membership, but the except you... “Glass Recyclers” FB group. Here is an image of it :)
1455148_10201208044269224_346811625_n.jpg

I think its art least 8”

It does look pretty sweet! I would like to see how the situation pans out exactly first and also get in touch with Earl before making any decisions. It definitely looks a lot closer to what I envisioned.

Thank you again, and if you see something that catches your eye please let me know, but please don't go out of your way.

Who234,

TheRoyalD

woah, looks like a lit a fuse mentioning that shop. oh well.

my earl jr is functioning like a boss and i still couldn't be happier. i would definitely recommend getting one of his rigs through whatever means works best for ya.

Who234

I received an email from FGA, I thought it was going to be my shipping label. Not sure why the manager I spoke to yesterday told me he was going to send me a "fucking shipping label" and pay for shipping and a refund. I dont understand why this guy is trying to say that I threatened to break the piece over the phone, when it was purchased with my hard earned money. Honestly I am not sure what to do, chances are likely if I sent it back they will find some bs excuse and then I am going to have to of paid to ship the wrong recycler 3x, and thats assuming they send it back. Please see below.

"Ok, I have talked to my management about the situation and we have come to a resolution. Since you have threatened to break the piece over the phone and completely slandered our staff as well as the business, the only thing we are going to offer you is a refund on your piece. You WILL have to pay for the shipping for it to return to the store, after we receive it and verify it is in PERFECT unused condition then we will refund your transaction with us. If you decide to call my store again just to yell and cuss again, we will not offer you this refund even if you send it back. You will also be banned from ever doing business with us again. From now on, I recommend reading the Company's shipping and company policy BEFORE making a purchase. Have a nice day brother."

Edit: I apologize if I have derailed this thread from the appreciation of recyclers.

Last edited:
Who234,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Easiest way is to talk to Earl Jr directly, that's what I did - he's super cool to deal with. He's on FaceBook, not sure if he has other email addresses he uses for customers, I can ask if you like (if you search facebook for Earl Jr Glass you'll find him).

I believe Earl replies randomly. I've sent him messages everywhere I could and never hear back. I have friends that have chatted with him and others agree that he never returns email.

I guess it's luck of the draw. I've had my share of dealibv directly with blowers and most of the time, like true artists they may lack in personality department.

I have two more blowers I want recyclers from than I'm done.

Don't know who posted the pic up at the top of the page but that looks like an incycler and not a recycler.

Soaked my vertigo in pillar recycler in PBW last night and it took the fucking shine came off the vertigo logo.

Fuck!

PhotoRider

ok everyone, after many recyclers i finally found one that is unmatched. My new Contrabasso vertical funnel recycler. the whirlpool is vertical like a wheel turning. first one i have that does that...

I am sure you want to see an image.......... but the issue that would lead to a video request and well i am a lazy stoner lol

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
ok everyone, after many recyclers i finally found one that is unmatched. My new Contrabasso vertical funnel recycler. the whirlpool is vertical like a wheel turning. first one i have that does that...

I am sure you want to see an image.......... but the issue that would lead to a video request and well i am a lazy stoner lol

Wow, after 50+ recyclers, for one to impress you this much is amazing.
Congrats on maybe finding 'Neo'. :whoa:
Had to look up a vid, hope you don't mind:

PhotoRider

this thing is fucking awesome. i understand the snake reference to. the wheel has a large groove in the center. the water rotates around in that from the force. Also you are looking right at it in use. Normal ones need a mirror to truly see it. Just fucking awesome.

oh, no mr bill. i am in trouble now. afraid to use it over losing it. oh no!

Top Bottom