Recreational friends ask you for your meds?

arthritisbites

Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh....sounds like an ass-whoopin is deserved, which is sometimes the only option in a "my word against theirs" kinda situation where you can't really prove it.
That usually scares the thieves off enough to get them to stay away.
You just don't steal from someone like that.

No whoopins will be applied unfortunately....you really made me laugh though! It’s a delicate social situation, so I will not be the one to give him his comeuppance. Don’t be sad, as he is very very stupid and if he’s doing such blatant stuff with such a high probability of getting caught, that means justice will be served eventually.

I also bought a safe, so this will not happen again. Hopefully :rolleyes:

arthritisbites

It’s really sad when you have to get a case for your medicine. :(

Right? You would hope the people invited into your home would have SOME Level of decency, but you can’t predict what someone’s gonna do.

In Japan they do Groo socially. It's interesting seeing grown men in business suits passing a brown paper bag around with a twisted tube of airplane glue at the bottom.

You could always tell friends your medication is not fun, it's for your condition only, but would they like some righteous Tokyo Clear instead?

BTW, be aware, weed and speed are the two meds you cannot bring into Japan, regardless of prescriptions, paperwork, diplomatic status -- anything.

Apparently there is massive socially acceptable use of meth in North Korea...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/12/world/asia/north-korea-crystal-meth-methamphetamine-drugs-.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
No whoopins will be applied unfortunately....you really made me laugh though! It’s a delicate social situation, so I will not be the one to give him his comeuppance. Don’t be sad, as he is very very stupid and if he’s doing such blatant stuff with such a high probability of getting caught, that means justice will be served eventually.

I also bought a safe, so this will not happen again. Hopefully :rolleyes:

Glad to have made you laugh. If I can at least do that much then I can sleep knowing that I at least made someone else's day a little better that day. Hopefully he'll get his. Doing something like that to the wrong person will get you dead. Hopefully he smartens up before that or worse.

It’s really sad when you have to get a case for your medicine. :(

Indeed, my friend...Indeed it is.
Life is what is though. People don't always get what they deserve, good or bad, unfortunately.

arthritisbites

It’s my hope that Karma eventually gets those who deserve it.

I have no doubt that his actions will net him much misery in the future - it was just so unbelievably blatant, and the consequences of him being discovered went so far beyond just him (multiple people would have lost their jobs, including one of his family members !!), That I have no doubt he’ll continue doing dumb shit and will eventually reap his reward.

arthritisbites,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It’s my hope that Karma eventually gets those who deserve it.

That Karma fable is nice, but does not always happen...though it often does simply through cause and effect (a.k.a, "continuing to do dumb shit, and reaping the consequences)...but not always.

The universe is more random than many are willing to admit.
Good does not always prevail. And sometimes good people die screaming for absolutely no reason.
It is what it is. Lets make the best of it, and make it better for future humans if we can.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
That Karma fable is nice, but does not always happen...though it often does simply through cause and effect (a.k.a, "continuing to do dumb shit, and reaping the consequences)...but not always.

The universe is more random than many are willing to admit.
Good does not always prevail. And sometimes good people die screaming for absolutely no reason.
It is what it is. Lets make the best of it, and make it better for future humans if we can.
Agreed @Ramahs.
We all seem to agree people stealing our stuff is bad, particularly when it's someone we consider a friend that we let in our home. It's always a good idea to keep our medication in a secure place, stored in appropriate conditions. People stealing pills is also a far cry from friends asking to share cannabis.
I was always taught that if you didn't have enough of something to share, don't bring it out in front of people. I was also taught that if someone is a guest, offer them the best. For these reasons, I medicate in private when people are around unless I have enough to share. It's not a big deal to excuse myself for a few minutes, particularly when my supply is low. However, I am very selective of who I let in my home (obviously I'm not going to take my meds to someone else's home and be surprised if they want to partake). If someone is a true friend, they get different treatment than if they are a moocher. A good friend is someone I can explain about limited medication, and they understand. I would feel comfortable saying "I can offer you a hit, but then I'm likely to puke on your shoes". They get to decide. If someone is just a moocher, then I offer what I can, or just say no and in either case, I don't invite them back over. I'm the gatekeeper at my home, so I control the guest list.
The trick is, some people I love and care for as friends. I want to keep them as friends. I want my friends to feel that caring, and I try to be as kind and generous as I can. If someone regularly asks for anything, I first consider if I have been remiss as a hostess and a friend. Have they been supplied with food, drink, comfortable seating and entertainment? Then I ask myself if I've exposed something I shouldn't have, so that it looks like it might be on offer, along with everything else I provide for their comfort. If I pass these tests, I might start to wonder if my guest is being reasonable. My friends know I struggle with health issues, and I know I can say "No". I balance this with the consideration of them being a friend and guest. I know I could head things off by saying, " I hope you don't think I'm being rude, but I have to take my meds and I feel just awful that I don't have enough to share. Would you rather I go in the other room, or would it bother you if I medicate in front of you like a piggy?" and offer to wear the snout. I have a toy pig snout, and if M-G and I feel like we need to have the last cookie or serving, or more than we need, we get to have it but we wear the snout. It doesn't come out among friends much, but they have all heard about it and often try to tempt me to wear it. If they want my meds more than the snout, then they get the meds.
I live in California, so it is legal to give up to an ounce away. I'm not going to be in legal trouble if I share. At worst, I will be in pain, nauseous, have a seizure, or otherwise feel bad if I run out. These things are awful, but not the end of the world. My friends are the people I rely on when I am ill. They help with bringing by meals, helping with what they can, holding my hand and sharing my troubles. They are my friends.
The last thing I want is to be around people, vaping alone, and getting offended if they don't understand it's medicine. I get that many people don't get it going in ( that cannabis is my medicine). For me, it's a choice of being discrete or being generous. What I don't want to share doesn't come out.
That is my way of dealing with it. I Do Not expect others to follow this. The only advice I can give is, pick good friends, and "No" is a strong and useful word.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

Recreational friends are not always great to be around. God friends out there and also the mooches and they bitch if u don’t share and bitch about how expensiveness medical marijuana is even though honestly in my opinion fire ounces should only be $100-$125 tops legal weed should not be 2-3 x as much as illegal weed I’m paying $120 for a quarter here in jersey $150 can get u decent oz of bud and our shake is literally $60 for a quarter and I have friends in Cali who claim their shake is real shake not that trim crap and u can get an ounce of shake for like $30 Wethersfield it’s always that or just a sale price idk but I do know medical marijuana is a rip off but probably cuz they know u will pay the price to get high legally and if your Rex friends know your medical they most likely will take advantage of you and mooch off you. It’s a shame though because where I live I have some friends who really can use medical marijuana but they refuse to get it because they feel like it’s just a scam because it’s like a grand just to get legal and that does not count the weed. Doctors is like $600 state fee is $100 and $400 annually on top of that per year just for the doctors 5 second office visit saying okay I’ll renew now give me my $100 and come back in 3 months until recently now we have annual doctor visits but that’s still cheaper then every 3 months just Moreno up front think it’s like $350 all in 1 go now. For a year

Top Bottom