1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Recreational friends ask you for your meds?

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by arthritisbites, Jul 20, 2018.

1. arthritisbites

arthritisbites Well-Known Member

Has anyone dealt with friends strongly hinting that they would like to share in your medicine for recreational purposes?

2. Hackerman

Hackerman User

You mean... the mooches? Yeah, sure. Everyone has to deal with them.

For years I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Or. they made me feel like an asshole if I didn't share.

Now, I simply tell them to fuck off. Thins down the herd rather quickly. LMAO

3. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a good time

...are you using while your friends are around? if so i totally understand why your friends are hinting at the fact...

...do these friends bring their own stuff around and maybe want you to 'pitch in' on a session?

...or do you just have the kind of "friends" that stop over expecting to get high for free? ...as @Hackerman said, there are a lot of people who just free load through life... if your "friends" fall into this category id suggest parting ways, these people will bring you down with them, or try to at least...

4. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

In my state sharing with a non carded person is a felony. So that answer is no. If they wanna try herb, get a card or deal with someone less careful. Anything other than no, is leaving the door open for trouble. I grow for folks with serious life threatening disabilities, so I have zero interest in going rogue and exposing myself to penalties, and letting patients down.

I have however helped friends set up grows, teach them how to grow, get their cards and so on.

5. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

You tell your friends the truth about your supply situation and go from there.

6. Hackerman

Hackerman User

I can remember the days when I would get home from work and there would be people waiting in my driveway and actually sitting on my front porch waiting for me to get them high.

Then, after the smoke session, they all left.

I put an end to all that shit decades ago. LOL.

Today, I often share with friends. I usually just give them their own. I don't sell and I grow more than I smoke so I give extra to the few friends I have.

At the bar where my band plays, if I walk out the door, it's like the fucking pied piper. Half the bar follows me out to mooch. I have plenty to give so I usually don't mind but sometimes you just feel like they are taking advantage of you. Fuck that.

Also, other good points in this thread. A. Sharing is AKA 'Trafficking' in a court of law (at least in my state).

And, sharing with those who share back when they have it. Stuff like that can make a huge difference on who I share with.

Sick Vape, Madri-Gal, -dab8- and 10 others like this.
  7. arthritisbites

These are actually friends of friends who I’m more like strong acquaintances with. I do use while they are around because I don’t have a choice, unfortunately. If I am awake, I’m medicating. I try to be as discreet as possible, and the people asking to partake did it in a joking manner, but it still made me feel awkward...

Madri-Gal, Vapeur Rogue, JCat and 2 others like this.
  8. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

It strikes me as if they are using your medication, they need to at least make sure you aren't running out. Its not like a beer in the fridge, if its your medicine.

Sick Vape, Madri-Gal, -dab8- and 7 others like this.
  9. arb

arb Semi shaved ape

Just use the n word....................no.

C.C., Madri-Gal, -dab8- and 6 others like this.
  10. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

I've had someone I thought was a friend try to purchase my pain pills after oral surgery, then steal them when I said no. I don't have anyone to medicate with. Sometimes old co-workers will reach out randomly to try to get stuff from me, not I'm not a dealer. Hell no.

11. arthritisbites

Lol! Yes of course, and that is basically what I did. I didn’t say “no” directly, I just kind of laughed it off..

Yeah, on Monday I actually just had someone who was supposed to be coming over to help me out and I then realized that a bunch of my pain medication is now missing and the bottlecap is jammed on badly.

Madri-Gal, shredder and arb like this.
  12. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

if they want yours meds they should take your medical condition too

(Like assholes taking parking spots reserved to people with walking issues)

13. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Freeloaders are not friends and their feelings matter little.

14. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

I agree that nobody is entitled to anyone else’s weed.

That said, the following didn’t strike me as “mooching” or “freeloading”:
    I think its understandable for friends to ask if they can have a hit, here and there. Cannabis is something that people usually share. It’s part of the lifestyle. A few hits aren’t usually that expensive, and what goes around often comes around. It’s probably more common than not, for someone to offer a hit when they start smoking, if nobody else is.

Madri-Gal, Larrytreez, JCat and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I see my vapes as personal devices and dont like to share them. I offer visitors their own waterpiece to use. In Australia if you have cannabis you are a serious target for freeloaders. Mind you I happily share freely with those I deem worthy.

16. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

@arthritisbites I know you have a Volcano, it's possible your friends are curious about vaporization? It's a pretty ubiquitous device that a lot of people have seen and heard about but probably never tried.

Madri-Gal, Alexis, JCat and 6 others like this.
  17. arthritisbites

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I never use the volcano around anyone, this was when I was out of the house and I use prefilled cartridges on e-cigarette batteries. So I also think of it as more of a personal device, like @Mr. Gweilo 420 said. They would have to actively suck on something that then I would have to suck on after them. That’s why I thought it was weird. It’s not like I was toking on a joint or had a big volcano balloon, both of those I could understand asking to share.

18. arb

arb Semi shaved ape

When you put it like that is DOES sound a bit weird..........lolz.

:razz:

Madri-Gal, duckTape, JCat and 5 others like this.
  19. grampa_herb

grampa_herb Epstein didn't kill himself

or say you have herpes...

Madri-Gal, arb, JCat and 3 others like this.
  20. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

That's fair. I'm not into sharing things that get saliva on them, either, including drinks, so I understand that. I wouldn't mind pulling out a spare bong or mouthpiece for my friend, though.

I may be missing something here, but what is the difference between vape pens or other portable vapes, and joints? You suck on both with your lips.

Madri-Gal, arb, JCat and 4 others like this.
  21. grampa_herb

Before the information age some people thought that because joints are so hot diseases could not be transmitted by sharing them. But at the same time most of us shared pipes back then.

Madri-Gal, arb, JCat and 4 others like this.
  22. arthritisbites

There is no difference, I think sharing all those things is gross as hell. But socially at least people expect a joint to be passed around, and if I had a gigantic balloon it would indeed be odd to not share it (but I actually keep separate brand new balloons for guests to use to avoid this very issue should it arise with the volcano).

I don’t want to conflate two separate issues though, so I’m glad you mentioned this – there is the sanitary issue and separately the social pressure that pot is generally to be shared. And if I was using it recreationally, I would share it freely. I guess I’m wondering if the social pressure should be different because I’m using it as medicine instead of for fun?

Madri-Gal, Vapeur Rogue, arb and 4 others like this.
  23. grampa_herb

So what do you social people do when a stranger offers you a hit? Is it acceptable to pull out your sani-wipes and clean it before putting it in your mouth? Ask the person if they have any infectious diseases? Say you are an evangelist?

Madri-Gal, arb, JCat and 2 others like this.
  24. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

If they are not someone that I would be willing to kiss on the lips, I decline and do without. No further explanation is necessary.

Now, when I used to smoke joints, I would hold the end of a social joint between my thumb and index finger. From there I would create a seal between my fingers and my lips and take a direct lung pull, avoiding clamping down on the spittle soaked end.

25. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

I've taken my volcano to private parties of folks who have medical cards. In the volcano box I keep alcohol prep pads to keep the mouthpiece clean. And I offered the pads to anyone who wanted one, and everytime a bag came around to me I wiped it off with a prep pad. Mostly at my wife's insistence, lol.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors