Recommendations for Low Smelling Vape for Apartment Use

C No Ego

I have an additional recommendation, invest in a good quality HEPA air filter with like 20lbs of activated carbon in it (you can turn over the air in your apt many times per hour with these)... better yet, invest in one you can route the exhaust outdoors? Check your doors and windows for gaps, weatherstrip them so the smell is contained and doesn't travel to adjacent units or hallways. This is particularly important for units with A/C and or forced air heating, they created a positive pressure environment in the apt that forces air out gaps. Good luck in your search. I have an Airapura R600, and it's incredibly helpful for cleaning the air.
I also recommend that you invest in a backup vape (perhaps this can be a portable battery model that you can use when you travel and visit card-holding friends) :) I've got an Herbalaire Elite as my desktop vape, and I had a rare defective unit, while that was being sorted out, I had to scramble to have a vape for breakthrough pain. I use the combo that is widely talked about on the Divine Tribe thread as my backup vape, and it's so good my Herbie is feeling neglected (but Herbie has abilities the palm-vape does not!, I can vape the oil off the tips of q-tips that I use for cleaning!) :).
I was planning to use the q-tip to reclaim but learned that there is glue in the tip... maybe not much glue but after multiple uses it could be a problem...

indeed, the air purifier is the best thing for smell or a smoke buddy type device

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I was planning to use the q-tip to reclaim but learned that there is glue in the tip... maybe not much glue but after multiple uses it could be a problem...

indeed, the air purifier is the best thing for smell or a smoke buddy type device
now I've got to back and look, they may have been organic cotton (which would also hopefully include a non-toxic adhesive).

stinkytofus

get a window fan that blows in and out (dual), and vape next to it while blowing out, i find this the best way to be smell free, if you vape it in the room without any way to circulate the air out, it will smell, but not as bad as combustion

i took haze to a karaoke spot and because of the poor ventilation and 1" gap under the door, the security guards and waiters came in pretty quickly lol

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I need to be a vape-ninja myself being a daily user living next door to my in-laws in far from legal setting

I use a log vape or enano and it's perfect because it's a one hitter so after each hit in the day time I breath out through a carbon filter
smokebuddyoriginal_green_packaging_3.jpg

Then I keep all my gear in a drawer with the smelly parts like bowls, grinders and jars in an air-tight case
1120_5567.jpg

Then in the drawer where all my vape gear is I have an SmellWell pouch but there are other brands, I buy those for my shoes and highly recommended, fantastic for hiking trips to suck out all the moister from the boots during night and can hang on the outside of your backpack during day time
27899228-origpic-3d1c62.jpg

Then when I have my enano running all day I place the essential oil cup on the top of the enano with some oil/beeswax keeping my house smelling like lavender
aroma-therapy-cup-2.jpg

This is the steps I take now a days to keep everything stealthy as possible ... Its funny because used to do as teen living with parents and then when you move out your like "FUCK ALL OF AY" and gigantic bob marley flag on walls blurring reggae music and then you start tilting to your 30 and have kids and professions

Back to ninja mode :ninja:

Think I go full rasta madness when I get to senior years and hang a 30x45 feet cannabis leave flag on the outside off my house :myday::leaf:

Edit: just forgot to add that Enano does not smell at all and cleaning insides is so damn easy it's nearly laughable, I take a wooden BBQ scewer with a single sheet of toilet paper and run it around the inside of the heater while hot as it's a totally open design
enano6.jpg

And when it comes to portable VS plug-in then the best answer is "get both" because owning one vape is like owning a single pair of shoes

I have Grasshopper and love it BUT I understand the limitations and the need for extra batteries, li-ion charger and some kind of mouth piece extender because its a lip-scorcher + might just crap out and need to be send in for repairs (that are free and life time warranty)

Last edited:

Commander Cody

Some vapes smell more because of design. My Pax starts to seriously stank before it even reaches vaping temp. The oven and vapor path are part of the vape itself and are not removable. The Solo and Air have almost no discernible odor when heating up and much less while in use. Their glass stem holds the load and the stem is the vapor path. Totally removable and easy to clean. No material or condensate sitting in the vape's internal parts. The more vapor you put in the air and the faster you do it is a huge factor. Huge high temp rips one after another will stink the place up more than low temp sipping. Same science as flatulence. Huge room shaking rips in rapid succession gonna stink more than an occasional little "fleep". Log vapes can do both.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I have blown clouds of vaped CO2 oil into my wife's face and she cannot smell it.

grampa_herb,

little maggie

Thank you all for your responses. I know I made a rather long post but you all have been incredibly helpful. I was rather set on a portable for some reason but I am now definitely looking more into the log vaporizers.

As an extra quick question. If I make future vaporizer purchases, since I have pretty limited experience with these and I have not been able to find a truly good response to this question via Google:

I am aware that conduction vapes will burn material even when you are not drawing, hence more smell. However, can someone that owns both a full conduction and full convection vape (As I know there are hybrids) try to give me a detailed description of how much these actually vary in smell.

I will be getting a convection for this one due to wanting to minimize smell right now but I would like to know how big a difference it is if I consider a conduction vape in the future if I'm in a different living situation.
I live in an apartment. I mainly use ones that are "on demand" and microdose with them. They only burn when inhaling. My main ones are mistvape touch, milaana, tubo. I also have several logs- the enano, hi, underdog and woodscent. The underdog comes with a small metal cup that I use after vaping to heat up essential oils. The enano can do that as well. I used to vape in the bathroom with the fan going for added security but don't anymore. What I've noticed is that there is more odor- not from vaping but from not storing the cannabis in a good scent free container and not being careful with how I deal with the AVB.

Aizen-sama

Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division
I second the recommendations for the smoke buddy in addition to whatever vape you go with. My fiancee doesn't like the apartment to smell like weed so I've been using one for a few months now and it really cuts down on the smell. It's not perfect but it helps. We also got an air purifier and that has also helped somewhat.

Krazy

Back in the day I lived in an upscale custom town home on the N shore Chicago. My life at the time was such that even the hint of getting outed was NOT happening. I had a plug on the back of the furnace ducting in the laundry room and used a whip to exhale.

Once you get in the mindset it is actually rather fun to find ways to be on the DL.

herbivore21

On demand units (those which don't cook your load when you are not inhaling) that are easy to clean are a big plus for this purpose. Also consider where you vape. If you are vaping near a window or door to outside near your neighbors, don't. Vapor smell won't linger inside, but if you breathe it out the window and a neighbor walks past and smells it at the time, that may be a problem.

Building ventilation should also be considered, some buildings have vents that allow for smells to travel between different apartments inside the building, and you should be conscious not to be exhaling plumes of vapor into such vents if so.

A sploof or smokebuddy could be helpful for minimizing smell.

Air purification should be considered for especially small high density apartments. A fan-forced UVC air purifier could be enlisted to remove the smell of your vapor, all you'd need to do is exhale your vapor into it and let the fan do it's work sucking your vapor through, exposing it to UVC light spectrum which will reliably remove any odor from the air. Be sure that if your UVC purifier emits ozone, that you operate it only according to directions and not for very long.

I strongly recommend using a UVC purifier that does not emit ozone for this purpose
, as if you vape frequently, you will put too much ozone into your home which can damage your property and be bad for your health.

For reference, a UVC purifier is what they use at a hotel when somebody smokes cigarettes in the room to remove the smell.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
On demand units (those which don't cook your load when you are not inhaling) that are easy to clean are a big plus for this purpose. Also consider where you vape. If you are vaping near a window or door to outside near your neighbors, don't. Vapor smell won't linger inside, but if you breathe it out the window and a neighbor walks past and smells it at the time, that may be a problem.

Building ventilation should also be considered, some buildings have vents that allow for smells to travel between different apartments inside the building, and you should be conscious not to be exhaling plumes of vapor into such vents if so.

A sploof or smokebuddy could be helpful for minimizing smell.

Air purification should be considered for especially small high density apartments. A fan-forced UVC air purifier could be enlisted to remove the smell of your vapor, all you'd need to do is exhale your vapor into it and let the fan do it's work sucking your vapor through, exposing it to UVC light spectrum which will reliably remove any odor from the air. Be sure that if your UVC purifier emits ozone, that you operate it only according to directions and not for very long.

I strongly recommend using a UVC purifier that does not emit ozone for this purpose
, as if you vape frequently, you will put too much ozone into your home which can damage your property and be bad for your health.

For reference, a UVC purifier is what they use at a hotel when somebody smokes cigarettes in the room to remove the smell.

What are they doing to prevent the creation of ozone?

I still stand by having an HEPA air cleaner with like 25lbs of activated charcoal :)

A sploof in addition would probably be not so bad.

looney2nz,
Reactions: Hjalmark

herbivore21

What are they doing to prevent the creation of ozone?

I still stand by having an HEPA air cleaner with like 25lbs of activated charcoal :)

A sploof in addition would probably be not so bad.
There are a variety of lamps used in UVC purifiers that have been treated in order to absorb the wavelength of UVC which leads to ozone production. IIRC the main offending wavelength is measured at 185nm.

Sometimes, production of small amounts of ozone is beneficial. In those cases, there are products that are not so treated and do generate ozone.

herbivore21,
Reactions: Hjalmark

grokit

well-worn member
I agree about on-demand convection being a good way to go, but there's exceptions. You should probably narrow it down to the vapes that are least likely to combust, as that's by far the biggest 'reek risk'.

:sherlock:

Top Bottom