Recent Acquisitions - Post Your New Pieces Here

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Zhang killing it! Red Elvis Klein just peeled from the box! I will post some better pics later but I needed to hit a dab out of it!

C76A66B2-394F-43DE-B4FC-025177DAD944_zpsmtbshcos.jpg

BDECBBB5-E0F2-422A-88C8-F630A9FBD11C_zpswe27cnsj.jpg

nodrog

I have the BatesXWorm version. I wouldn't call it super thick. I would say it's no more than 5 mm. The joint is vertical and it's pretty stable with the Liger. I use a drop down that's given it a bit of a wobble. I've ordered a new one to test out. A visit to a glass blower is the final solution I guess. I might entertain a weighted foot idea too. It's my grail piece.

I am intensely curious about this diffusion pump thing. Understand how it works, seen videos, get the principle. Haven't tried it. Would love it if you could share your subjective comparison of a diffusion pump vs a regular 2-3 hole diffuser, matrix perc, etc. Is the diffusion pump just novelty or does it meaningfully cool the vapor? Would it be less of a difference with flower vaporization vs dabbing vs flower combustion?

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I am intensely curious about this diffusion pump thing. Understand how it works, seen videos, get the principle. Haven't tried it. Would love it if you could share your subjective comparison of a diffusion pump vs a regular 2-3 hole diffuser, matrix perc, etc. Is the diffusion pump just novelty or does it meaningfully cool the vapor? Would it be less of a difference with flower vaporization vs dabbing vs flower combustion?

I have been using a diffusion pump for a while now, different style same principle. I use the internal diffusion pump from Steven, the FC-710. They are definitely not a novelty, not sure why you would think the go to oil rig for most FC members wouldn't be legit. Plus for under $40 it's worth trying even if you only dab occasionally. Now I don't use mine for vaping flower, I don't know why but I prefer any of the other percs you mentioned over this one for flower but it is a flavor savor! If you dab you need one though!

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-bongs-based-water/216674730.html

brucee10

I agree with MrBonsai420. If I want to taste every flavor in my wax or oil, I go to the diffusion pump. If I want maximum diffusion for oil, I go with my Distilled Glass Recycler. For flower, I have a glass lung and my sublimator. That's my trifecta right now. I just ordered a Joda Glass banger hanger that will probably become a go to piece as well. I really need to build some nice storage for all this glass.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i dig that red!

i too prefer small chambers, so long as there is enough clearance I'm not scorching my nose, twisting my neck, and its far enough away from my face for my eyes to focus. i can't do the micros

MoltenTiger

i dig that red!

i too prefer small chambers, so long as there is enough clearance I'm not scorching my nose, twisting my neck, and its far enough away from my face for my eyes to focus. i can't do the micros
It's a good shade, it appears a lot darker in person (more like in @mrbonsai420 pics)

And it is definitely a micro rig at about 14cm tall. I think I'll use it with a drop down for dabbing but I'd happily try it with its dome first. It's close, but possibly not too close.
For the time being its my go-to piece for finishing a bowl and also a nice flavour saver for low temp hits.
Perfect size for travelling too, so may become a nice campfire piece on occasion.

MoltenTiger,

Baron23

To review quickly: I have been given to understand Bates sold his designs for his internal and external diffusion pumps to Aqualabs who in turn sold it to Gravlabs who now make an officially sanctioned collab version of these pieces.

I have a Bates original external (as well as a Gravlabs collab version....sigh, don't ask) but decided to get an internal pump also. Touch of Modern has, from time to time, very good sales on vape related stuff so I ordered one from them for $112 I believe. Takes them three weeks to delivery (something in the process they use to provide lower costs) but they do arrive, you are informed throughout the process where you order is at, and it arrived yesterday.

At first I was taken aback by its size. I thought that it was much smaller than I expected. But on consideration, this is exactly a great size for a Liger or to use as a bubbler with herb vapes.

I thought that the Gravlabs external that I have was kind of light in terms of thickness of the glass. Turns out the Bates original, while definitely more elegantly and expertly made, ain't really any thicker.

The internal Gravlabs version, however, is nice and thick. Nice and weighty with no worries about putting an enail banger on it and tipping over.

I'm very happy with this piece:

Bates%20Internal%201.jpeg

Bates%20Internal%202.jpeg

Bates%20Internal%203.jpeg

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
To review quickly: I have been given to understand Bates sold his designs for his internal and external diffusion pumps to Aqualabs who in turn sold it to Gravlabs who now make an officially sanctioned collab version of these pieces.

I have a Bates original external (as well as a Gravlabs collab version....sigh, don't ask) but decided to get an internal pump also. Touch of Modern has, from time to time, very good sales on vape related stuff so I ordered one from them for $112 I believe. Takes them three weeks to delivery (something in the process they use to provide lower costs) but they do arrive, you are informed throughout the process where you order is at, and it arrived yesterday.

At first I was taken aback by its size. I thought that it was much smaller than I expected. But on consideration, this is exactly a great size for a Liger or to use as a bubbler with herb vapes.

I thought that the Gravlabs external that I have was kind of light in terms of thickness of the glass. Turns out the Bates original, while definitely more elegantly and expertly made, ain't really any thicker.

The internal Gravlabs version, however, is nice and thick. Nice and weighty with no worries about putting an enail banger on it and tipping over.

I KNEW you would love that piece! Looks like I need to upgrade my FC-710 to this bad boy! I also have the external pump too, grav-labs version on the way. Should be here tomorrow and I will report back on it.

Meanwhile first dab off of the Mega Mai Tai Klein with V3 Liger!!!!

935FA82D-7D26-4044-A97F-8185EBA1B940_zps08xgoory.jpg

9EB04EB8-3E1C-42F4-BC76-CFC5C85DBEF7_zpsl7i7pz7f.jpg

B3D322B8-6D31-4016-B459-996480D33F7B_zpsswvjacfl.jpg

Baron23

I KNEW you would love that piece! Looks like I need to upgrade my FC-710 to this bad boy! I also have the external pump too, grav-labs version on the way. Should be here tomorrow and I will report back on it.

Meanwhile first dab off of the Mega Mai Tai Klein with V3 Liger!!!!

935FA82D-7D26-4044-A97F-8185EBA1B940_zps08xgoory.jpg

9EB04EB8-3E1C-42F4-BC76-CFC5C85DBEF7_zpsl7i7pz7f.jpg

B3D322B8-6D31-4016-B459-996480D33F7B_zpsswvjacfl.jpg
Congrats @mrbonsai420!! Beautiful. You mean you actually vape out of these art pieces? ;):brow:

Do let us know how you like your Bates external when it arrives and YES, you were exactly right about the internal. Its a very lovely piece.

P.S. - is that hash you are vaping in the top picture? And where is our invitation to come join? LOL

Cheers

brucee10

I might have to pick one these up to go with my external.

brucee10,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got the external pump from Grav labs in last night. Function is perfect. Just about like the internal although I prefer the internal overall. If it just had a thicker, wider foot so stand up with an enail it would be MUCH better to most of us obviously. Without the drop it's pretty stable. But when I add the drop, the big ole Liger and the heavy hurricane cap it tips. Other than that you can't beat it!

2626A9DE-25BC-4049-8498-2FAB5036B8EF_zpsiz9j6lxr.jpg

C4FA6423-AA00-4632-8262-FBEB3DD0B469_zps8e7neoeu.jpg

Baron23

Just grabbed this piece from a LHS here in Central Florida a few weeks back for $120. Not typically a fan of the Rasta but I love the black and white accents in just about anything.
o1uV3bD.jpg

RD366So.jpg

O9SqPg9.jpg
Very nice...I hope it serves you long and well.....or, as my grandmother would say..."wear it in the best of health" LOL

Baron23,
Reactions: Scott A
Top Bottom