Re-using ISO washes?

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Does anyone re-use their ISO after doing an ISO-wash on their pieces?

I have a few fluid ounces of some ISO that I had used about 3 months ago from washing a few of my UD stems. I wanted to keep using the same ISO from washes in order to make that amount of ISO more concentrated with actives until i finally decide its potent enough for me to do an evaporation and claim.

Does anyone else do this/is it safe to do so? I was looking at it and can see particulates floating around, I know some of this is ABV/plant particulates but hoping none of it is from going 'bad'. Thoughts?

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
That is what I do but wouldn't know if it was safe or not. I've wondered myself.

As far as the ABV/Plant material going bad, I highly doubt it would as its is stored in a jar and surrounded by ISO and water. The ISO should kill any organic pests that might have resided in the plant.

When I do evaporate the finished product I tend to let it sit hot for awhile still on the boiler just to make sure every bit of ISO is gone. I've gone as far as reheating it in the oven after its dried a bit. I am just reading a thread that suggest re-adding 10 drops of water after everything has evaporated, looks like I'll be trying something new.

Look forward to others suggestions, I:love: my reclaim.

Tweak,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
...curious...how can the iso...go bad?

i'm not sure, but it's my uncertainty that lead me to publicly ask my question. like Tweak, it's something i've been wondering for a while that's always been at the back of my mind. i'd rather go out on a limb to ask a dumb question, and be criticized, than to never have asked and end up vaping improperly made hash that could be bad for my health. just my philosophy though :peace:

turk

turk
...I'm not criticizing you...I do not believe in "dumb questions"...but I do NOT believe iso can go "bad"...on its own...

turk,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I'm also thinking that ISO can't go bad, even with impurities such as ABV particulates in it for an extended period of time. I mainly was also curious if anyone practiced the same habit as me or if I'm just some type of vaporist hoarder by never tossing anything out :freak:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i keep 3 bottles of iso.
1 - is used iso (dirty)
2 - used iso but clear looking
3 - new iso- never used.

i use #1 to soak up all the visable resin. then use # 2 bottle to clean the residue of the #1 clean. then i wash with water.if still have residue i use #3 new iso to clean. then another water bath.

once #2 becomes an amber color, i then use it as #1. then old #1 gets dumped or turned into some reclaim.

SD_haze

i keep 3 bottles of iso.
1 - is used iso (dirty)
2 - used iso but clear looking
3 - new iso- never used.

i use #1 to soak up all the visable resin. then use # 2 bottle to clean the residue of the #1 clean. then i wash with water.if still have residue i use #3 new iso to clean. then another water bath.

once #2 becomes an amber color, i then use it as #1. then old #1 gets dumped or turned into some reclaim.

:o
I do the exact same thing!

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
really liking your ISO wash technique b00bs. having a double wash is pretty smart and definitely ensures getting everything that you want. i'll have to try that out next time my stems are in need of a cleaning.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yeah i'm kinda ocd about my glass and vapes. i try to keep everything as clean as possible. also i do multiple water washes after doing a iso wash. i also use bottled water to clean my glass. it may sound like i do alot but normally takes me 15 mins or less to clean my glass.

Top Bottom