RBT Open Source build

Chandler

New website has me revisiting vaporizers and threads I've shelved for a time. Been great retrying vapes that I passed on, only to be impressed after giving a solid opportunity...

Anyways, a Splinter z v2 14mm WPA. I was waiting for theherbcafe.com to restock... Think it's been more than 6,7 months and recieved no response from my email recently sent. Can't find these things in Canada! If you know a Canadian vendor, please let me know.
Murricans. Can you kindly direct me to your trusted rbt supplier. Or possibly Perhaps someone here has too many n would Iike to make a quick dollar? PM me

Appreciated

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Chandler maybe @Bad Dog can help, I believe they found a source for RBT's 18-18 and 18-14 WPAs, not sure where though or if they can hook you up, but worth a shot!

Screenshot-20200605-101615.png

This beauty^ is coming to me now, thanks again @unklmark! Will share with my own Milaana when it arrives ofcourse :tup:

unklmark

To all of my fellow Stoner Engineers, and those who are just enjoying the show, Thanks for the amazing support this thread is already receiving...
This has been Ryan's dream for a long time, and it's finally getting some real traction....This community is so amazing and I'm very blessed to be a part of it.
A few kits have been sent, and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with.... Kits will be announced randomly, I will announce when we're ready to send out more
I'm always here or on Instagram if anyone needs any help..... I hope this generates some real products some day..... We are the beginning of something great I feel it......

funkyhomer

I have been very fortunate and received two packages from @unklmark this week. A beautiful cocobolo pick for my mi2 and a vapor lighter.

The pick is beautiful and makes the milaana an even more special experience.

The vapor lighter is great so far. It heats quickly and evenly. I need to figure something out so that I don’t knock it over but it is a solid unit with THICK glass. This thing ends up packing desktop level heat running on funkyjunky software and wattage a bit higher at 42, more to come as I use it, but I see Myself grabbing for it frequently. 7079AD69-23C2-4DDC-B13F-174E8BA0BFC3.jpeg88CECA4F-1DE8-40BF-9AA0-B9D6482B08B8.jpeg

unklmark

I have been very fortunate and received two packages from @unklmark this week. A beautiful cocobolo pick for my mi2 and a vapor lighter.

The pick is beautiful and makes the milaana an even more special experience.

The vapor lighter is great so far. It heats quickly and evenly. I need to figure something out so that I don’t knock it over but it is a solid unit with THICK glass. This thing ends up packing desktop level heat running on funkyjunky software and wattage a bit higher at 42, more to come as I use it, but I see Myself grabbing for it frequently. View attachment 1219View attachment 1220
I'm glad you like everything my friend. I am so happy everyone is liking my Vapor Lighter, It started a "Stoned and Bored" creation, And now I've sent out a dozen of them.......Thanks to my Brother Ryan, because none of this would of happened without him.... All I have to say is....What's Next?

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I'm glad you like everything my friend. I am so happy everyone is liking my Vapor Lighter, It started a "Stoned and Bored" creation, And now I've sent out a dozen of them.......Thanks to my Brother Ryan, because none of this would of happened without him.... All I have to say is....What's Next?
The RBT train is gaining steam watch out boys.
A big thanks to @Rastabuddhatao & @unklmark for getting this train back on its tracks, can't wait to see what's ahead

funkyhomer

i spent most of the day using my vapor lighter and it has been delightful. It’s perfect for a tiny to small load that can be cleared in one or two pulls. I’m using warm up mode, 35 watts on funkyjunky software. This is a seriously cool vape and I would encourage anyone that likes using water pieces to indulge.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@unklmark crazy couple days around the homestead but finally got to spend some time focusing on your Vapor Lighter. I had some fun pushing lower watts getting some really nice flavorful hits. I also pushed it up to 45watts experimenting with different variables like bowl depth and load size but mostly focusing on my draw speed. No problem combusting there if you’re not careful. On the other hand the risk is very rewarding when executed well. I’m inspired and curious about other ways to use your Vapor Lighter. It got me thinking and boom just like that a little something something showed up from @Rastabuddhatao

Ryan, bro. So unnecessarily cool my friend. Thank you sir! I’ll have no problem putting it together but before I do I think I’ll scratch that inspiration itch that Unklmark is spreading around by cramming that massive heater into something it wasn’t intended for!
EF3B87DE-978F-46C7-AE69-587E1B3E2441.jpeg

biffobear

The K1 kit was a quick build. Total assembly took less time than it took to mix the epoxy. Biggest problem I had was not verifying the deck & wood fit. Got epoxy everywhere when my hand slipped. Second try, with some tips from @unklmark, the deck set snug no epoxy.

Second issue was the heater had a slight lean on it. Glass just wasn’t havin it. Took some silliness using a zip tie and a sewing needle, but now a gorgeous Splinter Z sits on my mod 😍

Currently I’m dedicating my vape usage to the Mi3 to familiarize, but the test bowls off this K1 Splinter Z has me missing!

Attachments

• 097BA2EF-4D3A-44D5-AC3E-BDF25541BADB.jpeg
    097BA2EF-4D3A-44D5-AC3E-BDF25541BADB.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 29

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks ... here is the video showing the kits that where sent out.

These few kits and parts supplied to @unklmark and @Khelek41girl will allow a few folks to play around with the tech over the next few months. In 2-3 months heaters, glass, buttons, 510 ceramic decks, wire and hardware will be made available. Eventually the Zion power supply (link to build below) will be made available to enable regulated / desktop builds. There are other chips such as T20, T30, Raptor, and others like the DNA chips etc that can be utilized as well.

Keep in mind that other than a few videos RBT will only supply parts void of warranty, liability or support other than those here with making with Maker Mark. Its purpose is to give skilled and those knowledgeable in electrical and mechanical fabrication and assembly the building blocks to become the makers of tomorrow.

The 19/19 glass and wood architecture will no longer be used in RBT production designs and will end with Mi3. Future designs the Seed, Zapcap, and Zipzap will begin the new design platform of metals and ceramics with possible wood accents. This allows RBT to turn the current over to the vapor maker community rather than let it die. This has been attempted in the past with very limited success so hopefully the time and energy to set this up proves fruitful in the end.

Remember... this is serious business...

unklmark

IMG_20200617_163415934.jpgIMG_20200617_165349580.jpgLet the first Instagram auction begin!!! One of a kind 2 wood,Purpleheart and Wenge,
Vapor Lighter Z (check the resistance), with matching 2 wood bowl.......Bidding starts at $150.... I have a brand new P80 in bronze/copper....I'll install firmware and dial in TCR, just add $50 to the final bid.....I'll let it go for a couple days, or until it's obvious the auction is over.... Gallery-

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow that is gorgeous @unklmark!

My custom redheart wood pick arrived today, such beautiful grain and color, here it is on my walnut Milaana 2 with sapele bottom cap (first with flash then without) though these photos cannot do justice to it of course:

IMG-20200617-160945-2.jpg

IMG-20200617-160907-2.jpg

Whoever wins that auction is going to be very lucky indeed, thanks again Mark!!

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... the maker videos have been uploaded the the RBT YouTube. These videos contain all the info needed to be an RBT maker other than technical specs on the parts when available in several months.

Videos post include: Heater, glass, wood, assembly tools, Zion, Milaana and Splinter fabrication. Within these videos is all the secrets and details of the 19 mm glass products. With these videos RBT has sunset the 19 mm designs and leaves it in the capable hands of @unklmark and @Khelek41girl and all the makers who share communally here on the #rbtopenspurce.

With that RBT is off to usher in a the exciting new products coming down the pike. Good luck to all you makers!

GI

But it's possible to pertecipate to this open source project or i understand/don't read enough ?

DocAnchovy

Hello #rbtopensource fam, I’ve been sitting on my kit trying to decide which direction to mod it... and measured out the dimensions to better help picture what would fit. (Currently working the idea of halogen, but I’ll post once further in). Here’s the rough (within 0.1mm) measurements of the z body - Grids are 5x5mm). Hope this is Useful. (I realized halfway through sketch it was upside down...but maybe it’s right side up now. Hmm.. :science: )6E9AC512-6353-4506-9AE0-B2AB7D16D9DA.jpeg

Top Bottom