• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Yeah, I know how you feel, @CuckFumbustion since animals like me right away usually. I have learned to not even freak out if a dog is attacking under certain circumstances. I've been attacked a few times by scared dogs. They bite, but stop before biting all the way down, then they love me like they've never lived a human before lol.
Yes!! I've had dogs start to bite. Then in mid bite, they look up at me as if waiting for my reaction. Realizing that they over-reacted and retract. Then I might smooth things over between us if they are less guarded.

Letting them smell you first will allow them to be introduced to you. I've had dogs growl at me. Stop and smell. Then they'll pause and decide whether they are supposed keep growling or not.
I work with kids and they treat me like a rock star. It's pretty fun. Maybe I should find a way to put animals into my job when I move to Cali in a few years.

Maybe I could be the guy who introduces kids to animals and teaches safe play with pets. I could sing songs on the guitar that I write about people and animal feelings. I could make illustrations to push the agenda, too.

I could go around to schools, daycares, anywhere there are children.
Maybe you can start a children's show at the local tv station and have zoo keepers visit with exotic animals and gain a following?

CuckFumbustion

OMG OMG OMG. I just went through the jury duty interview process.:worms: Still reeling from it and sorting out what actually went down that morning. And boy-oh-boy was I examined and used as prop by the Defense and Prosecution. First a broad question for the 12 of us, then I get hit with a direct question. Then my answer would be the follow up to another question for the group. Or a follow up on one of the points I made earlier. After a while I out and out asked that they should approach me with specific questions regarding my judgement, so that I feel that I have been screened properly. And then they used that as a springboard for further questions for the jury selection to ponder over. So much for being a wall flower. :freak:
I didn't become a juror despite all my participation,:lol: and the D.A. thanked me as I was dismissed while leaving the room. So I guess I made a good foil for the case. :D And that was my version of 'civic duty.' :lmao:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Maybe it will consider the old litter box as an anchor to the old house. :D
I bought him a new litterbox because I'm holding onto my toxic country pad for now. But I've been through that part before, the key is to transfer a good bit of used (but 'cleaned') litter with his scent on it.

I have a couple of old litterboxes I could have used, but they are for a 'normal' sized cat and mine is bigger than that. I've also gotten him a scratching thing he loves that will go with us, have ordered a collar with an id tag, a great big transport crate for in the car, and some kind of kitty pheromone room mister that will supposedly calm him. Bunch of other stuff, I've probably spent around $200 on him for this move :rolleyes:

:sherlock:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
As to confidence @HellsWindStaff , fake it until you make it.

I know I have, as a self image, the same thoughts and feelings as I did as an adolescent. There has been a LOT of water under that bridge since then with many attempts and efforts at gaining confidence. Over time, I got better for a number of reasons. Now, I can walk into a room and own it.

Even though, in my heart, I'm still a fat, shy, ugly kid who has no clue to life.

I appreciate the advice ( you too @CuckFumbustion !) Easier said than done, but it does get easier everyday :) winning is a lifestyle. My headspace has been pretty solid the last few days

Does anyone follow astrology/horoscope? I never really did.......I have recently though and it's been surprisingly on the money. I always assumed it was a crock. It still may be - the daily stuff always seems like a wide net to be cast, to cover as many bases as possible. Though it's been surprisingly on the money the last 3-4 days, "You are frustrated that a goal you are working toward isn't panning out, step back and change your approach" Well shit, I was frustrated and a change of approach worked. "You surprise yourself at how emotional you've been" Yeah I have been and am surprised by it! "You will gain understanding from an unlikely source that will give your mind more clarity" Hey this happened too! "You'll have a bad workday" Hey my workday sucked today! :lol: 4/4 batting average aint too shabby

But, the "traits" of each Zodiac sign, just using examples in my own life, all surprisingly fit. Again, maybe a wide net, but I find it interesting none the less. Correlation don't equal causation but I find it intriguing that there is a correlation IMO. I went through almost every sign, thought of family/friend who fit, and was accurate for most of them.

Idk just found it interesting is all

CuckFumbustion

But, the "traits" of each Zodiac sign, just using examples in my own life, all surprisingly fit. Again, maybe a wide net, but I find it interesting none the less. Correlation don't equal causation but I find it intriguing that there is a correlation IMO. I went through almost every sign, thought of family/friend who fit, and was accurate for most of them.
I believe certain types of phrases in Astrology text as a sort of 'plumb bob' for interpretations of what one feels one is going through. In itself it might be vague and not have any direct correlation. But by using it as a plumb line, It might also direct you towards what you might already be thinking at the moment. :sherlock: So a skeptic could get some value out of reading their horoscope, if it leads to more questions about their day.

Some people peg me for a Scorpio. If you are a more firm believer that the heavens have some sort of cosmic pull on us. :whoa:

Bunch of other stuff, I've probably spent around $200 on him for this move :rolleyes:
All worth the piece of mind for your friend I'm sure.
I thought of the TV show "The Prisoner" where the main character wakes up in what seems to be his apt until he opens the blinds and realizes he is on the island. :lol:

Tranquility

Does anyone follow astrology/horoscope? I never really did.......I have recently though and it's been surprisingly on the money. I always assumed it was a crock. It still may be - the daily stuff always seems like a wide net to be cast, to cover as many bases as possible. Though it's been surprisingly on the money the last 3-4 days,l
For the "crock" I've found interesting, go online somewhere and take a Myers-Briggs test. It is "based" on Jungian psychology and divides people into 16 categories. Then, read some of the descriptions on what your personality type is. Unlike many astrology predictions, for me, reading the type category I tested for was really spot on. When I read the others, not so much. See if it reaches you.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
We are taught "the big 5" in contemporary personality psych classes.

I like the myers-briggs but that's only because i really identify with my results. professional personality psychologists probably laugh just thinking about the M-B, but I don't find the big5 specific enough.

MinnBobber

I thought of the TV show "The Prisoner" where the main character wakes up in what seems to be his apt until he opens the blinds and realizes he is on the island. :lol:
"The Prisoner" was a great show!!!! In college we'd all meet at buddy's apt to "canna-watch" ;)

Patrick McGoohan was great. Way ahead of its time.

Random thought: watch out for the bubble ;)
_90992284_rexfeatures_763021ab.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
For the "crock" I've found interesting, go online somewhere and take a Myers-Briggs test. It is "based" on Jungian psychology and divides people into 16 categories. Then, read some of the descriptions on what your personality type is. Unlike many astrology predictions, for me, reading the type category I tested for was really spot on. When I read the others, not so much. See if it reaches you.

Intp checking in :) I found it to be very accurate as well

GetLeft

He's a really cool, smart cat,

I've shared 6 cats over some 18 yrs. Of those, two were male. The first was named for De la Hoya. Cool as could be but didn't last. We got him and two females from a litter, brought them into a house with the queen bee, and he was outta there faster than a one punch knock out.

A few yrs. ago around xmas, we came home one night to find an extra cat in the garage (ours were required to live out doors pretty early on and we'd keep a crack in the garage door so they could come and go.) It was a beautiful furry black thing. And just the coolest animal. Like a good dog. If we ever think cat again I'll put a bid in for a male.

unsorted

.....But, the "traits" of each Zodiac sign, just using examples in my own life, all surprisingly fit. Again, maybe a wide net, but I find it interesting none the less. Correlation don't equal causation but I find it intriguing that there is a correlation IMO. I went through almost every sign, thought of family/friend who fit, and was accurate for most of them.

Idk just found it interesting is all

See if any of these fit. (bitter person's horoscope....for entertainment only)

http://www.netscrap.com/netscrap_detail.cfm?scrap_id=527

Tranquility

We are taught "the big 5" in contemporary personality psych classes.

I like the myers-briggs but that's only because i really identify with my results. professional personality psychologists probably laugh just thinking about the M-B, but I don't find the big5 specific enough.
I just took the test online. While I'm sure it is validated in a number of ways, I did not find that the results spoke to me much at all. One flaw in the test I took (to me) is the terms "liberal" and "conservative" in what appears to be opposite ways. It seems they use the terms to describe different ends of the political spectrum while I use the terms more classically. To me, liberals are in favor of individual rights that are, in part, guaranteed by limited government. Modernly, the usage indicates something else.

Tranquility

Wars have been fought over less! Love the show, HATE the song :freak:
EDIT : just played the link you posted :brow:... that was never aired, right?
If you go to the Snopes link (not necessarily reliable on political matters), you'll find the words were a scam by Roddenberry to get 1/2 of any theme royalties. It was never aired.

My buddy and I were in a talent show in our church a little after high school. He played the piano and I sung the lyrics. While he could play competently, I couldn't/can't hold a note alone in the shower--let alone in front of a group. It was horrifically wonderful.

When finished, there was a pause as the older generations watching tried to determine if we were joking or sincere-before the polite applause for effort. They chose poorly.

GetLeft

See if any of these fit. (bitter person's horoscope....for entertainment only

Good entertainment, that. :tup:

Are you crazed?

Maybe a generational thing. Kids wife and I all love it. An episode wouldn't be an episode without that freaky wailing after the opening hook. I may be crazy but I recall noticing that somewhere toward the end of season 1 or beginning of season 2 they lay heavier into the vocals on that tune.

Watched season 3 episode 2 tonight. Fantastic.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Last Christmas my husband bought us the My Pillow. It's the best pillow I've ever had. It stays cool and doesn't lose its shape. I thought I would mention it if anyone is looking for a great pillow. It just come to mind.:zzz:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We also have a big healthcare bill in the senate. I hope it doesn't pass. It doesn't look like it will. All of us with preexisting conditions? There's nothing to insure we won't be forced to pay triple for insurance.

There's also too much tweeting about N Korea - getting into a shitstorm that might lead to a nuclear war what a fucking idiot. He's not my president. He doesn't represent me. I'm really tired of the reality presidency game that's going on with our leader of our country. I think most folks are fucking exhausted with all the Bull Shit. He likes to devide the country. It's not healthy for our nation. He's trying to take away our free speech.

Interesting that Trump seems to not give a shit about Puerto Rico, they are Americans too. That doesn't surprise me. He needs to go there and the US Virgin Islands. I give to the Red Cross but I donated more money for the hurricanes using my credit card. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom