Qwacetone?

Soulhunter

Anybody want to share thei experience with using acetone for extraction?
I dont find many guides where people use acetone so maby it is not safe?
But i have also read somwhere that acetone is the safest and the best solvent to use.

Soulhunter,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Soulhunter said:
Anybody want to share thei experience with using acetone for extraction?
I dont find many guides where people use acetone so maby it is not safe?
But i have also read somwhere that acetone is the safest and the best solvent to use.
I've tried and had hard times purging it.. After i gave up purging i redisolved with frozen ethanol and keep in freezer for 24 hours. than filtered and evaped .. Result was tasteless amber,

Abysmal Vapor,

Soulhunter

A hard time purging? Why would that be u asume?
And no taste? Hmmm, sounds strange :)
Anyone else tried?

It realy is the only chemical i can buy legaly for this use, next best is 60% etanol for $100 (750ml)

Soulhunter,

weedemon

enthusiast
Soulhunter said:
A hard time purging? Why would that be u asume?
And no taste? Hmmm, sounds strange :)
Anyone else tried?

It realy is the only chemical i can buy legaly for this use, next best is 60% etanol for $100 (750ml)

no 90% or stronger iso? no decent source of butane? is the ethanol you are talking about in booze form? what makes up the remaining 40%? i wouldn't use it.

weedemon,

Soulhunter

Nope, imposible to find ISO without lots of nasty shit added here :(
100% Acetone is the best option here.
And yes, the 60% is for drinking so the remaining is water.
Butane is an option, but I dont think that method yields enough for it to be worth the effort.
I would rather use water insted of butane, but i realy want to try qwcetone or qwethanol.
I could go on the black market and buy 96% ethanol, but I realy dont want to have anything with criminals to do ;)

Soulhunter,

Sour Deez

Its definetly an option. Ive heard it actually evaporates off at a lower temp then ISO. Its much more aggressive then ISO, so at most 10 sec wash, some peeps just pour the acetone over the material a couple times, not letting the material soak at all.

Sour Deez,

stroh

errl enthusiast
butane extractions easily yield more than alcohol extractions whilst retaining a more pure product

stroh,

Soulhunter

Well, I realy dont know if it is legal to import pure ISO, I doubt it as u need special permition to buy pure here.

So BHO gives more yield? mby i should investigate that method a litle more :)

Soulhunter,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Using denatured alcohol (found at most hardware stores) is also an option.

I know of a couple of ISO makers that swear by this stuff.

AGBeer,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Soulhunter said:
Well, I realy dont know if it is legal to import pure ISO, I doubt it as u need special permition to buy pure here.

So BHO gives more yield? mby i should investigate that method a litle more :)
IMO butane extraction is superior in nearly every way to ISO, some people have mentioned that butane extracts waxes that may contribute to sneezing and that ISO may not extract these waxes, other than that the only drawback to BHO is that extraction can be VERY DANGEROUS!!! really read up on technique and precautions if you plan to attempt this, it is not a hard process but doing it in an unwise manner can easily result in DEATH, BLINDNESS OR OTHER SERIOUS INJURY, if you are not confident after some research please don't attempt it......if you are confident, just take every precaution that you can, goggles and a respirator would be wise and for fucks sake do it outside ;) far away (at least 50 feet) from ANYTHING that could cause a spark including electrical outlets, lightbulbs etc. Even a static spark could cause ignition so be wary of that also.
Id also recommend doing smaller extractions (glass or SS turkey baster is a good place to start) as then if the worst were to happen you'd have a much smaller bomb/projectile to deal with.
If i haven't scared you off yet then cheers, be careful :)

SF Giant,

Soulhunter

Can anyone answer why my ABV qwacetone is more runny and liquid than my fresh herb qwacetone?
Exactly the same method was used for both batches.

Soulhunter,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Because there is much less of the resins, waxes and oils that would cause it to stiffen up more

SF Giant,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Also, from studying that thread from elsewhere that has been posted here on FC about making absolutes, it could well be to do with the fact that it has been decarbed the first time it was vaped. If I understand right THC is soft in structure at normal temps, whilst THC-A is crystalline. Absolute amber 'shatter' that has been decarbed apparently never regains the fragility to shatter. I am an armchair expert here though. It's just what I have read.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom