Question for those who owned tried more than 1 vaporizor.

DirtyD

Pulsar APX is same size as pax 2/3 and is 60 bucks. Ceramic bowl, top load. Easy to mod MP out of box for less draw resistance. Amazing little portable, will blast your face off on 392 or 410f. Great flavors on lower temps. (See YouTube). Don't know why this vape doesn't get more love... Always wanted a pax 2 or 3 but hesitate to spend the dough if it's gonna be same or just a bit better than APX in performance.. Compatability- perfect sized bowl on APX to fit vap cap minus cap. Having trouble posting a vid of my set up.. Load vapcap bowl, insert into apx- turn on APX. This is worlds smallest log vape. I get 10 -12 hits( not as thick as VC with torch) on a 5 min cycle. You can then blast your abv with torch method. 14 hits from a vapcap bowl. And oh so tasty, really stretches my material... Just luck that these 2 fit together so well. Until I can get a pipes induction heater this set up is doing the trick fo sho. A portable conduction heater. Now I love my two vapes even more- separate or together. Cheers to all, D.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I love my Solo for around the house, mostly after I've accomplished things and am ready for some couch lock. This kind of makes the Solo my nightly, non-stealth vape. Its also my, gettin ready for a run/jog vape when I want to be really baked for the long run and don't expect to do anything after the run but eat and veg out.

I love my MFLB for anywhere where serious stealth is key AND around the house during the day when I just want a quick, non-cloudy, priming of the buzz base when I need to get things done. I may also use the MFLB to top off a already established buzz from the Solo.

Time waits for no man and it's been about two years since I posted the above. Time for an update!

Now it's EVO around the house and in prep for a long run. I've fallen in love with the new Xmax Starry for out and about stealth.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Pulsar APX is same size as pax 2/3 and is 60 bucks. Ceramic bowl, top load. Easy to mod MP out of box for less draw resistance. Amazing little portable, will blast your face off on 392 or 410f. Great flavors on lower temps. (See YouTube). Don't know why this vape doesn't get more love... Always wanted a pax 2 or 3 but hesitate to spend the dough if it's gonna be same or just a bit better than APX in performance.. Compatability- perfect sized bowl on APX to fit vap cap minus cap. Having trouble posting a vid of my set up.. Load vapcap bowl, insert into apx- turn on APX. This is worlds smallest log vape. I get 10 -12 hits( not as thick as VC with torch) on a 5 min cycle. You can then blast your abv with torch method. 14 hits from a vapcap bowl. And oh so tasty, really stretches my material... Just luck that these 2 fit together so well. Until I can get a pipes induction heater this set up is doing the trick fo sho. A portable conduction heater. Now I love my two vapes even more- separate or together. Cheers to all, D.
I do remember you mentioning that pairing before. The body of most VC's is where the condenser cooling of the vapor and the gap between the cap and the tip is where the hot air happens. If you are getting that king of action, I am curious. If there is little gap between the outside of the tip and the ceramic wall?? Perhaps that is what is working for your?

The ceramic bowl makes your vape different to the PAX alone. :2c: I own a flowermate and a CFX. And they are different caliber vapes, both with a ceramic bowl.

Time waits for no man and it's been about two years since I posted the above. Time for an update!
Precisely! I figured there was enough up and comer vapes in nearly every category. Already two PAX/Flowermate contenders.

I've also heard great things about the Flowerpot Vaporizer that might cause me to reboot my lineup before the next two years.

DirtyD

I do remember you mentioning that pairing before. The body of most VC's is where the condenser cooling of the vapor and the gap between the cap and the tip is where the hot air happens. If you are getting that king of action, I am curious. If there is little gap between the outside of the tip and the ceramic wall?? Perhaps that is what is working for your?

The ceramic bowl makes your vape different to the PAX alone. :2c: I own a flowermate and a CFX. And they are different caliber vapes, both with a ceramic bowl.

Precisely! I figured there was enough up and comer vapes in nearly every category. Already two PAX/Flowermate contenders.

I've also heard great things about the Flowerpot Vaporizer that might cause me to reboot my lineup before the next two years.
Yes sir I guess there is a small gap between M tip and ceramic wall of oven. Very small as M tip fits nicely snug. I think it's the black silicone lup around top if oven that does the gripping. Wow. Never thought about that before. Loving learning from all the smart folks around here. Thanks @CuckFumbustion ! Cheers, D.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My 2 main vapes are my Lotus and my HA, and they couldn't be more different. The HA being plugin and crucible based is my session vape, for when I am not alone or want to have a longer vaping experience. I occasionally use it with a whip, but mostly I turn it over into a glass piece. It works great with full nugs, and I rarely grind for it.
The Lotus is for quick hitting and for the biggest hits. Torch based it gives me wider range of heating profiles and gives me vapor as soon and as thick as I want it. It allows me to vape anywhere at home and doesn't tie me to an electrical outlet. And it allows me to easily stop at one hit if that is all I want.

My next vape is coming soon, and should pretty much change everything if it is as shown and described. Still home based due to it's size, it looks to be more flexible and powerful even than the Lotus, but the proof will be in the using. I am very excited to try it out. More later...
Heh heh heh. Well, if we are updating our 2015 posts on this question, much has changed, tho the LOTUS is still one of my most used vapes. But the vapes in charge are the RBT vapes, first Zion then Milaana. Zion WAS the next vape coming I mentioned and it did change everything. Part of why they reign supreme (heh) for me is that I don't need to mess with fire to use them and they hit as hard as the Lotus, and that is seriously hard.
That being said, the biggest hit isn't always what I am after. I find my VapCaps a lot of fun to use, oddly, and they are certainly capable of knocking me down if that is what I want, or to create and maintain a very good standard buzz. As my vaping behavior has become more mature I have learned the value of different approaches and it becomes harder to choose one vape over another. There are days and times (more than 2 ppl) when I even go back to the HA.

The good news is, absent poverty there really IS no reason to choose. Variety is allowed and encouraged... :rockon:

Top Bottom