Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

EJ

....and my PD finally arrived today. American Cherry. Still have to decide on a name.

:D

Oh hai everyone. First post.

EJ,

badjuju

flying high
Best of luck with the move, I hope the puppies like the new place as well!

Welcome to the forums EJ, hope you're enjoying your first PD ;)

badjuju,

wolf torn

Alright got the walnut today :D :)

very sexy, haven't tried it yet as its warming up

Now my first thing that came to mind was how there is a metal bar going across the opening at the PD...that stops the plastic wand from going in to far.

I assume its suppose to be like that but was surprised by how it doesn't have a nice snug fit when I put the wand into it.

Now I'm wondering how I see videos of people with there PD's hanging off there bongs and such, mine like this would just fall right over, no support when the tube is in the PD.

Also I have heard a lot about buds getting into the PD and smelling, I wanted to put a screen in there before anything happened.

Any thoughts as to best way to go about it? Doesn't seem like I can put a screen in there with this metal bar here.

So should the plastic wand fell snug?

wolf torn,

EJ

lowfront said:
Alright got the walnut today :D :)

very sexy, haven't tried it yet as its warming up

Now my first thing that came to mind was how there is a metal bar going across the opening at the PD...that stops the plastic wand from going in to far.

I assume its suppose to be like that but was surprised by how it doesn't have a nice snug fit when I put the wand into it.

Now I'm wondering how I see videos of people with there PD's hanging off there bongs and such, mine like this would just fall right over, no support when the tube is in the PD.

Also I have heard a lot about buds getting into the PD and smelling, I wanted to put a screen in there before anything happened.

Any thoughts as to best way to go about it? Doesn't seem like I can put a screen in there with this metal bar here.

So should the plastic wand fell snug?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Unfortunately I've only got one screen and it's in my bowl :(

Don't feel like cutting it up.

EJ,

Purple-Days

Thanks all. :D

There is about 2 one-hundredths of an inch difference between the two, this gets mentioned often on this forum, it's the same on all units we produce. If the difference were precise, alignment would have to be more perfect, and would be more difficult. :science:

Purple-Days,

lwien

lowfront said:

It's supposed to be like that for an easier mate between the stem and the heat exchanger. Secondly, I never just let the PD hang on the bong. I put the stem into the diffuser and than hold the PD on top of the stem. I never let the weight of the PD rest on the bong.

lowfront said:

Any thoughts as to best way to go about it?

I've used my PD daily for over a year now and never have an issue with buds going down into the PD. For the first hit, just make sure that you hold the PD up with the stem pointing down at a 45 degree angle while you're taking your first hit. Kinda like what you would do when you finish a beer out of a can. From then on, the bud is stuck to the inside of the bowl, so it's no longer an issue, but being that I always hit my PD thru the bong, the stem is always pointed up, so there's no way in hell that any bud is going to get into the PD.

Just a bit of common sense makes it a non issue.

lwien,

wolf torn

thanks lwien

just wanted i wanted to hear

gonna try it out right now

ahhhhh yes

----

instant love

wow

that is nice!!!!!

:D

----

fits right into my 18.8 bong just got to stick it in deeper and it seals perfect

ahhh my god that taste soooooo good!!!

----

it taste soooooo goood

omg

wow, I'm so happy i don't need to buy new glass, this is perfect as is.

Cleaned the bong out right before too

----

:p

:brow:

:lol:

:o

:)

cheers to my new favorite toy

Modnote: 5 back to back posts merged. Please # Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts instead of making back-to-back posts in a thread.

wolf torn,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
I enjoy reading back just to see the discrepancies that crop up. People keep saying don't bring up things, and then go on to do just that, with ed's tubes being the catalyst of this event. Tomitface was clearly being amicable with a valid question. If you, Tom, the manufacturer thought this would lead to brass issues than you calmly should have replied to something of the sort of "Since those tubes use materials we do not, we cannot endorse them." Instead you, and you alone, bring up the lead/brass issue.
Since I own a PD unit and will soon own a MZ unit, and seem to be one of the few objective people left willing to speak in a clear way, I want to take the opportunity to try and benefit those out there who use these posts to discern the constituents of the vapes, as well as their manufacturers.

tomitface said:
Good Afternoon all.

I am not sure if i missed this in the thread somewhere, but i probably did, and so early apologies to all in advance.

With that being said i just stumbled upon these around the forum - http://edstnt.com/index_files/VaporTokenTubes.htm

I was wondering if anybody here has tried these out, and if so to share their experience. I just don't know how i feel about them :ninja:

:peace:

:peace: -- Above, a member succinctly asked about an accessory, one that turns out to be out of bounds as far as PD endorsement goes because of the fact it employs brass. This is odd as Ed only uses the ROHS compliant tips Rick uses. So by your own definitions of safety, these tubes should be at least acceptable for use, bar their practicality issue. Correct any statement prior if need be, but I'm almost positive every point in question is fact, at least as far as any facts can be trusted coming from either you or any other manufacturer, as we have only your good(not sarcasm) words to go by.

Purple-Days said:
Please, don't link to other (non-PD-endorsed) products through our official thread. There probably should be a rule. please delete that info. It is not welcome. :2c: It brings up Brass/Lead (Pb) issue again... Hope you understand. ;)

:peace: -- A polite statement, but one that directly brings up lead and brass for the first time in this particular series of events. If you really wanted to avoid a confrontation, you should have just asked the member politely to not continue with this line of thought. I shouldn't be telling other people how to post here, I admit, but I am merely trying to help with your business model as it seems you don't understand how such words can in and of themselves fan the flames that are trying to be quelled.

stinkmeaner said:
Purple-Days said:
Please, don't link to other (non-PD-endorsed) products through our official thread. There probably should be a rule. please delete that info. It is not welcome. :2c: It brings up Brass again...
I don't feel that is right, this is an open forum for members to share experience and ideas, manufacturers should not in any way moderate the content of a thread. People are going to get the idea that this is a manufacturer owned site. All in all, I say spend less time worrying about what is going on in this thread and just get back to answering questions and general chit chat, I have never seen a manufacturer argue on a forum as much as I have seen in this thread.

All the guy was trying to suggest a simple add on to a product they already bought the vaporizer from you so your not loosing any business.

On a side note, here is another idea for a cheap glass stem. Go buy a Glass Bat (available at any local headshop) with one of the metal stems, to hold it in place they could use a little non toxic sealant, an example: Magic High-Temp Red Silicone Sealant (Available at major hardware stores)

:peace: -- stinkmeaner is right; this is an open forum bar the mods. No one should be advising behavior, let the mods handle that EXCLUSIVELY. Oh wait, that's what I'm doing now...see how it nurtures itself? One could (might) even argue that this post will "start shit". That however is stupid, as no post that is well written and factual should ever "start shit", as long as it's followed by other posts of a similar kind. I've noticed in life that those who accuse most often perpetrate the deed the most too, at least in cases like this. I don't make cheap posts by accident, and always say what I feel cannot be debated about as to factual basis; so, if you see something in my post you don't like than point it out. You will be rebuffed in turn if you're an idiot, but I will also admit complete fault if you are correct.
Now, slinging posts with two reactive thoughts put down are what stir the bull, but this is not what stinkmeaner did. He posted his thoughts in an appropriate way that expressed an opinion towards the goodwill of the members. Now a forum is a place to discuss thoughts, obviously towards their flaws if you disagree with them. But as shown by your first statement below, you think that SM jumped into something that was already appropriate, when in fact you had "thrown the match", "stirred the pot" and "fucked the donkey" a full post before him. Then you make a post that is created around the idea of keeping calm as a standby, but word it in a way that directly points out the "lead issue" and contradicts your objective. You then go on to put the blame on a poster who felt your might have been a bit overbearing. If you weren't intending the post to be that way, wouldn't a gracious person have politely corrected the person, or at least not immediately labeled the back and forth as a "something else"? He seems to have made the post with no malicious intent; why keep an argument going with someone who bears no ill will? I'm all for standing up for yourself, but your a business owner; you need to take the higher ground more often, and that doesn't mean implying that someone is doing something negative and following it with what some could interpret as a passive aggressive wink either.

Purple-Days said:
BTW , No they didn't suggest they had bought it. Also there was no demand, or mandate, I asked (please), but you jumped in and made it something else. ;)

+++

Also are you familiar with red Brominated caulk used as fire stop and looking much the same??? When things look the same it's hard to tell what they are. And when they are used in unintended ways, well, Caveat Emptor.

+++

Why would any mfg. want a product, they don't endorse... using Brass supplied by another mfg....
who has used Leaded Brass ... in the past, to be associated with their product?

It is a continuation of the same old stuff.

Dragged into this thread with a purpose. Get over it.

The Lead in Brass, that was used by another mfg., keeps getting dragged into this thread. Let it be, and it will die...

Aromazap and Myrtlezap have admitted using Leaded Brass (Pb) in the past. Keep bringing it up. :2c:

:peace: -- Rick does not use leaded brass anymore, so any future brass topics should be treated as stainless would be. Also, though I'm loathe to say I can't confirm that even leaded brass isn't an issue and the entire basis of avoiding it is false, basic science says it's not an issue in regards to heat. Period. As far as friction goes, I'm not sure if any parts in a log vape would jar enough to cause particulate to separate from any leaded brass sections, but it seems dubious.

stinkmeaner said:
Typical response I would expect from you since it would be the opposite of any other manufacturer or customer service rep.

You will use any exuse to use the word "lead", rubbing the parts with a little kit is not proof that the amount of lead in the MZ will transfer to the air, until you send it to a credible lab to get it tested, why bother mentioning it?

I am sure you make a decent amount of the success of the PD, why not send a few dollars to back up your claim with real science.
While your at it why don't you test the stainless steel washers and hardware that you call a heat exchanger.

Plus you have much more in your air path than just the stainless steel, you have possible wood particles (some species can be toxic), the wire is in the airpath, the resistor is not certified to be in the airpath, and lastly the DC plug jack is exposed. And what about mold? Molds grow easily on exposed wood, any moister or humidity can cause airborne spores to grow.

Potentially toxic woods:
http://www.mimf.com/archives/toxic.htm
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult/fruits/blkwalnt.htm
It is well known not to smoke foods with cherry woods, I could not find an appropriate temperature cutoff.

On your website it states: "Do you care what
goes into your breathing equipment?

My question to you is, do you know what is in yours? Above are questions raised in about 5 minutes, I could only imagine if I had more.

I imagine you are going to make a post in defense of your product but anyone with half a brain will know it will be BS claims unless you can show proof of a verifiable laboratory test of your product stating it is safe to inhale from, and even then there will be too much discrepancy due to the exposed wood, and wood being the natural product it is, comes from different trees, different batches, different grain patterns, dust particle size due to inconsistency of work.

This whole post is just to show you that if you look hard enough into any product you will find questions. :peace:

:peace: -- I agree with much of the above, but much of my response wouldn't be objective, so I'll only say that saying that if you swallow a steel fork, it will do as much damage as a brass one, and that no one should advertise the safeties of swallowing steel forks.

Purple-Days said:
All of the metals are RoHS. All the electronics(including jacks and wire and solder and resistor) are RoHS (not just a few), the only other part is the wooden body and wood is not something that is certifiable. BTW my Fender Guitar is RoHS, and has a wooden body, so I apply the same standards as Fender, the electronics and all the other parts that can be purchased are RoHS.

The sum of the parts do make the whole. :2c:

RoHS is an EU standard, but is applied to parts for sale in the USA.

Stinkmeaner I don't "order" anybody. Your words, used to troll. And if it wasn't trolling you wouldn't use words like "order". "Imagine getting ordered not to mention attaching a waterpipe. No manufacturer should tell a member to delete a post." Again with 'order" and "tell". I asked, and said please, just to avoid having to mention Rick at Aromazap and Myrtlezap and Leaded (Pb) Brass that they have admitted using in the past. And that they supply (at last look) Ed's TNT brass parts. I shouldn't have asked and have apologized to Tomitface, I was wrong to ask.

Oh, and your big fear of Walnut dust? :lol: What do think a shop vac is for. All dust from woodworking is removed from the product.

And you were the one who suggested going back to chit-chat, but that doesn't seem to suit you. You are back here to stir more trouble.

++

Wooden tubes: I made a couple and showed them on this thread, quite some time ago. One Cocobolo and one in Figured Maple. I knew, when I made them, they were a novelty. No way to properly clean the wooden portion. They were a fun thing for me and Pammy to use for a while, but of course they (the wooden tubes) gunked up eventually and alcohol and water are not something you use on wood.

Mod note: Calling someone a troll is no different than other flaming, like vapor nazi. Only FC staff has the right to determine if someone is trolling.

:peace: -- You did not order or tell, but it seems your intent was to censure information that was unrelated to the brass issue, as the tips are ROHS. But on top of that, you say "I asked, and said please, just to avoid having to mention Rick at Aromazap and Myrtlezap and Leaded (Pb) Brass"; you asked and then DID mention the brass issue in the same post, you didn't ask to avoid it. Who knows though, given that it seems you didn't know that Rick uses all ROHS parts now you might actually have been trying to herd off an issue. To those though that are aware of the common knowledge that Rick now uses all ROHS, your posts seems very...correctable.

Much of what you, Tom, have posted to others discontentment could completely be bad a case of the internet where everyone is missing each others thoughts and compounding the issue. I genuinely hope that is the case, as everyone involved has a nice personality that fits more with the missing each others thoughts theory. That being said though, the smart person accepts that they can be at fault at any time while the wise person realizes others can be as well. Since THE BRASS ISSUE IS NO LONGER APPLICABLE TO PRESENT INTERACTIONS, one would hope no one even "brings it up" again as there is literally no lead in either of these vapes. That is, unless both Rick and Tom have been lying to us the entire way :rolleyes: :lol:

I enjoy the good parts of both (Rick and Tom's) manufacturer's posts, but the immaturity is getting annoying. I read these forums for information, and roughly 1/5 times I visit a log vape thread my opinion of the people, and the manufactures, in them go down another notch. Haven't actually followed either thread for a while because of this exact reason, which is a shame. I feel as if I've been harsh saying all this, but as I've stopped saying just this 4 times before, so it seemed to me like the 1/5 ratio should be balanced out...(math pun haha...)

:2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: <--(Quite a few 2c I've put in here...)

So we've come to, as far as I can tell, a neutrality in functionality between the several log options to a fault, except the MS's screen. That screen issue is actually the only practical reason why I'm buying a MZ as well as a PD, and is the original issue I was hoping to more pleasantly mention to Tom. Got a bit sidetracked.

On the screen though, Tom, ever consider pulling out another mechanical innovation(no sarcasm) in the form of either a permanent screen feature, or perhaps a removable option that fits the unit more than a mangled bowl screen? I know you have addressed this many times, but if the problem is a placement and technical issue, can anyone out there brainstorm any fixes? I'd love a buffer between me and the sour smell that resistor+herb results in.

Edit: ohh....this is long. Sorry if it's too long, but i wanted it all in there. If for any reason it should be removed or shortened I'd like the opportunity to copy the original and shorten it myself if such a thing could be accommodated.

sneezyjesus,

wolf torn

I don't know how I'm feeling anymore about the not too fitting bong..

gonna need the bubbler...inline...not that scientific glass one

wolf torn,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
sneezy, i understand you're need to rant but this issue had died down. everyone involved seems to be making a concerted effort to be civil regarding mz/pd. at this point it's just scratching old wounds to rehash it.

:2c:

SSS,

lwien

SSS said:
sneezy, i understand you're need to rant but this issue had died down. everyone involved seems to be making a concerted effort to be civil regarding mz/pd. at this point it's just scratching old wounds to rehash it.

:2c:

No shit. This was put to bed over 10 days ago.

I mean, I too like to stir up the pot, but the timing of this rant is beyond ridiculous.

Sneezy, just delete it man. I know you put a lot of work into it, but it's totally out of context considering how much time has passed and that it was put to bed over a week ago.

lwien,

wolf torn

I can def smell burnt stuff up close

and if I tip it upside down i notice a few black specs fall

im being careful as well making sure to keep up properly

out of canned air, but really would like to get a screen in there

any ideas?

there is enough room in the titting to get a small screen to wrap around the end perhaps?..like you pop it on the end to keep everything snug inside

wolf torn,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Pshh. And the first time I heard about this issue was over 10 months ago. Call my timing ridiculous, but I saw it ten days ago, got stoned and forgot. whoops. The only thing i regret is it's length, but it seems impossible to make a post that harbors criticism in particular threads that doesn't require being written in triplicate to avoid it being piled on, at least from what I've seen. What I said is still relevant, and if you notice I'm not really trying to be anything more than stern as far as bad vibes go. This brass thing just bugs me, and I don't even have a MZ. I just hate it when the wrong facts are going around, there being two sets of those: the leaded brass issue which was ridiculous from the day someone posted the vaporization point of leaded brass, in regard to the lead, and the nature handful of people involved with this back and forth who do nothing but pick at it. I said that my original post was going to be about the screens, but then i saw more of the scab picking with some blatant misinformation at least being implied as well, and that was in this thread. Not even in the MZ thread. If someone was reading this thread and saw the lead thing again they would have the potential to think it is unsafe in that way, which is wrong. It's misinformation to some degree, and though I myself bought the PD over the MZ specifically because of the brass issue, now that they stand on an even playing field I would hate for any customer to have any false perceptions about either vaporizer. Or any vaporizer for that matter.

SSS I appreciate the words, but I'm just trying to keep up with things and something worth noting is something worth noting. Lowfront, don't be hating for the sake of it now, I come in peace. Also, had the same problem a while back, but fixed it by mutilating a bowl screen. If you measure out something that will over-fit the hole a bit then there will be enough slack to bend the mini-screen over the crossbar and make a tight fit by mashing the stem down. Unfortunately i had to use scissors to do this though, and it was ugly. One time some crumble hit the resistor at a party in my place where i was stealth high. This girl looks over at me with a crinkled nose as the sour-burn smell drifts while i'm mid stem. Got quite the weird look :lol:

sneezyjesus,

wolf torn

Alright just cut a screen out to put in there

think the way I grind caused little bits to just flow down there

all better now, and nice I don't need to worry anymore

wolf torn,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Ya, the screen did the trick for me; just watch out that it doesn't fall down the tube, mine did once and i had quite the time fishing it out.

sneezyjesus,

lwien

Being that the added screen could act like a little heat sink, did you guys notice that your PD is running any cooler with the screen in place?

lwien,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Nope, I thought that might happen too but the heat lost into the screen seemed to transfer decently well back into the air-path. The thing might be small enough too have a negligible effect anyway, damn thing was a bitch to cut out...

sneezyjesus,

wolf torn

I had a brand new stright edge knife.

Took and EQ elbow screen and just cut it out to the size of its circle. Cut super easy and perfect size and shape.

Fit right in there, and now the wand fits a little more snug even.

Loving the PD, I can't stop vaping just cause I love it so much.

wolf torn,
Top Bottom