Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

I'll give the answer I gave to the e-mail.

Resistance is set, Voltage controls temps. If you are getting less than 12V or the power supply is providing less than 720mA you will be under temperature. While that power supply is 'rated' at 12V and 1000mA there is no assurance that it is functioning at those ratings. The car cord and a car battery, is always the best troubleshooter. Making sure the LED is lit, to assure you have power and a good fuse, you can test the PD. If it works fine, then you know the problem is a power supply issue. Almost always a broken cord or plug. If it doesn't work fine then contacting the mfg. makes sense.

The dogs just got tangled in my PD cord and it went flying. Of course this never happens to anybody. :cool:
The cord and plug can be broken. How long they last is entirely up to the user (and dogs). Jameco.com sells part #10081 for $9.95 plus shipping. We sell the same for $20 including shipping. Radio aShack is certainly an option.

rsjrv99, electrical tape is an insulator, wrapping the plug with it would stop all function. And looseness in a previous post was from using the wrong size plug, wrong is wrong, tape wouldn't have fixed it either.

Like I have said, tech answers are best given by the mfg. not some random forum poster. Questions can best be answered by e-mail, where you don't get confusing and likely wrong answers. :2c:

And yes, Devo, he already sent me an e-mail so I am having to give answers twice (though not in as much detail). And yes, I have been over the idea that the trouble may be the PD. Not very likely, but always possible. that's why the car cord is the best test.

Purple-Days,

rsjrv99

Purple-Days said:
rsjrv99, electrical tape is an insulator, wrapping the plug with it would stop all function. And looseness in a previous post was from using the wrong size plug, wrong is wrong, tape wouldn't have fixed it either.

I honestly don't know how that stuff even works =P I'm worse than you guys in that department

rsjrv99,

Vapist

Thanks for the answers on the wooden "billy" bowl. Appreciated. Another couple of questions for the forum:

1. As opposed to whip style/hotbox style vapes, my PD feels like it is "harder" to inhale through. Is this "normal?" I am getting great hits, it just feels odd. Is this something that one just has to get used to?

2. Can one leave the stem in the unit when not in immediate use or will the heat without drawing through it cook the herbs? Let's say you wanted to leave it 5 or 10 minutes...

3. Does anyone see any danger in using compressed air to clean ABV debris from the unit?

Vapist,

lwien

Vapist said:
Thanks for the answers on the wooden "billy" bowl. Appreciated. Another couple of questions for the forum:

1. As opposed to whip style/hotbox style vapes, my PD feels like it is "harder" to inhale through. Is this "normal?" I am getting great hits, it just feels odd. Is this something that one just has to get used to?

2. Can one leave the stem in the unit when not in immediate use or will the heat without drawing through it cook the herbs? Let's say you wanted to leave it 5 or 10 minutes...

3. Does anyone see any danger in using compressed air to clean ABV debris from the unit?
1) Yes, it's normal. Smaller bowl. It's one of the reasons that vapes like this have earned their reputation for efficiency. Just don't pack it too tight and draw very, very slowly. Small, measured doses is what this vape is all about.

2) For me, 5 to 10 minutes is a bit too long as heat is constantly being applied to your herbs. I pull my stem out between every hit, but I will leave it in for about 5 to 10 seconds before taking a hit just to warm things up.

3) I don't see any need. My lungs are strong enough to clear the ABV from the stems.

lwien,

br34kthr0ugh

:D

Just got the email informing me that my product has been shipped, so I was right in assuming that I was within the last 30 orders if not one of the very very last considering I ordered an hour or two before vapenow closed orders for the PD and put up the notice.

4 1/2 months and I can't wait to finally try this thing out! Will most likely visit back when it has arrived and I've been able to use it to post an update on how it is.

br34kthr0ugh,

Vapist

Thank you lwien. Appreciate the input. Do you clear the bowl at some point with a small tool, repack it and vape it again--as you see in many of the YouTube videos, or is that more of a gimmick? I mean how much are you losing if you choose not to do it? Love to get your thoughts on that. Thanks again.

Vapist,

lwien

^^ I take 3 hits, and then clear the bowl, re-crumble between fingers and reload for another 2 hits. Not a gimmick at all. You just expose new surface area by doing this. If I don't do this, then 3 hits is about all I can get.

lwien,

rsjrv99

So I got my purple days today, great unit, but it doesn't have the laser engraving? How come?

rsjrv99,

wthanna

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
limited edition collectiors item wanna sell:) au naturale swe cuil paradise pie :p
Try a little punctuation please. People might understand what you are trying to say then.

wthanna,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Got my PD and while still getting the feel for using it, love it and so glad I got one..

One question... How often whould we apply Buzz-Butter to or PD??? Its my understanding Buzz-Butter was applied whne each PD is made so I now I dont need to do it now since its new.. So apply a few times a year???

And I assume you just take a small dab of BB and apply to the wood parts of the PD and rub or buff in..

Do you apply to the bottem leather too?

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

lwien

^^
I apply Buzz Butter once a month to a warm PD. Use it on the bottom leather also.

lwien,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
lwien said:
^^
I apply Buzz Butter once a month to a warm PD. Use it on the bottom leather also.
Thanks for the Info.. I will do the same.. Love my PD... :)

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hi... What is the " laser etched logo"???? Is that the Star looking thing on the side of my PD???

I got the leather purple bottem PD but the bottom is blank... Does not say "Purple-Days" Or anything... Is this normal?

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

Purple-Days

Kuroth glad you are enjoying. We quit putting our URL on the bottom back in 2008 (I believe), somebody had one confiscated at a dorm and got us thinking... why have an identifier pointing straight at us? So we quit stamping the bottom. Our laser man had to take his laser (the size of a large desk and about 4 feet tall) to Colorado for repair. That left me with a choice, send a couple (2 or 3) out without laser logo or make somebody wait longer while the laser was repaired.

Purple-Days,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Purple-Days said:
Kuroth glad you are enjoying. We quit putting our URL on the bottom back in 2008 (I believe), somebody had one confiscated at a dorm and got us thinking... why have an identifier pointing straight at us? So we quit stamping the bottom. Our laser man had to take his laser (the size of a large desk and about 4 feet tall) to Colorado for repair. That left me with a choice, send a couple (2 or 3) out without laser logo or make somebody wait longer while the laser was repaired.
Hi... That makes sense about not putting the URL on the bottom... I am actually glad mine is just all Purple bottom with no URL...

So the laser etched logo??? That is the little star thing on the side of my PD???? I have it on mine but was not sure what was meant by "laser etched logo"... Or is the laser etched logo something else?

Thanks..

Kuroth1,

Purple-Days

If you haven't seen the laser video, it's on our home page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNWBvuPdhQA&feature=player_embedded
The laser is invisible, it's a CO2 laser, but there is a red pointer/alignment laser that shows where the invisible laser will hit. The high power CO2 laser vaporizes the wood. A decent laser is about $10G but these big models are even more. And that laser doesn't last forever (trip to Colorado to fix). Our man burns stuff for shops all over the country. He tries to keep 3-4 workers busy, two women in the 'clean workshop', assembling jewelry etc. and a couple of guys in the wood shop (1-2 days a week), and Tom the owner does all the laser work. They have a kiln, for drying the Myrtle we get from them, and the other woods I provide are all kiln dried too.

Purple-Days,

acidgreen

Last night I noticed my Purple Days had begun to rattle, so I re-sat the spring clip with the tool that came in the kit. It was a very tight fit--I had to drive the dowel to the bottom of the top hole in the unit with the hammer, and afterwards needed a pair of pliers to remove the tool from the PD. I assumed it was designed to be a snug fit but other than that, everything seemed fine, rattling noise was eliminated.

So this afternoon I took my PD over to my friend's house, and he immediately noticed there was a crack in the top of the unit. I looked; now there is a hairline fracture across almost the entire top, on both sides of the hole. It extends down into the body of the unit, presumably past the clip. One of the corners of the clip is wedged in one side of the crack... looks like that's how it got started.

I think my wooden dowel tool was slightly too large for the hole bored in the PD, moisture/swelling made the two not fit together well, or something. Has anyone else had trouble with an overly tight dowel or cracked their PD? The crack looks pretty thin, but I worry that heat stress and time may widen it enough to split the unit more fully. I know technically I must have done it myself in reseating the clip, but might this be covered under warranty? or given the hairline nature of the crack should I not be worried?

acidgreen,

Purple-Days

Wood sometimes misbehaves, get in touch with the manufacturer regarding warranty issues. Asking a forum, that can't help you, in any way, seems pointless or redundant. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Screwdriver

Purple-Days said:
Wood sometimes misbehaves, get in touch with the manufacturer regarding warranty issues. Asking a forum, that can't help you, in any way, seems pointless or redundant. :cool:
Aren't you the manufacturer of the PD....?

Screwdriver,

Screwdriver

Purple-Days said:
Screwdriver, did you notice the last post in ABV ???

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3482

Don't you guys ever give up ??? What a joke. Who are your really? It's like, the, "Who am us anyway???" WTF?
Dude....calm down. I was just asking why you were talking in the third person....You said in the other post that I quoted....."get in touch with the manufacturer." ...I was just curious, why you didn't say...."send me an email" etc.

Seriously.....it's not a conspiracy.....

BTW....what does that post in ABV have anything to do with what I asked?

Screwdriver,

Purple-Days

Screwdriver, did you notice the last post in ABV ???

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3482

Don't you guys ever give up ??? What a joke. Who are your really? It's like, the, "Who am us anyway???" WTF?

For those that are new to the scene, there are certain folks, who are trying to stir up trouble, between the MZ, and the Purple-Days Diffuser.

Rick, of Aromazap and Myrtlezap, knew of Lead (Pb) in the brass he was using, in the airpath, of his product. I found out, he has confirmed this. I built a 'better' product that was Lead (Pb) free. This has caused friction. :/

BTW Rik (since you are reading this) you keep asking how the Lead (Pb) that you knowingly put in customer's airpath gets to the customer. The brass tips are/were (??? can anybody tell???, you say so...) Leaded (Pb) brass (and you knew it, and admit it).

To load the tip you use your fingers, many do. The lead rubs off on your fingers and obviously this is one course of introduction into the body. BTW you have internet, look up several of the references I have provided for MSDS, on handling leaded brass... So your deception just won't work. BTW also there is the use of ABV as canna-butter, many post about this, you rub the stuff on leaded brass then re-use it to cook??? WTF??? Nice. . . didn't you think about that? Guess not.

And now, you won't do the decent thing, and tell folks when your product became Lead-Free. It's like that old saw. . . "How recently did you stop beating your wife, Frank?" . . . So, Rick, "How recently did you stop putting Lead (Pb) in your customer's airpath???" And what are you prepared to do about folks who bought your product that has Lead (PB) in it?

This is all very interesting since you claim to be an organic farmer. Not the sort of product you would expect...

Oh, and when you copied the Buzz-Butter, why would you use petroleum distillates? You say you use mineral oil... here on the forum.

Here is a sample of the info available on Mineral Oil, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_oil , and this is from an MSDS sheet, "WARNING! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID AND VAPOR." if you care to read... a very nice perversion of our Buzz-Butter. :buzz: Rick, I don''t trust you. :2c: Lead, Petroleum Distilates, what else???

I use organic Flax Oil, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Organic Coconut Oil. Now isn't that pretty strange? Sounds like I'm more concerned about organic than an 'organic farmer'. What a joke. :lol:

Keep sending your surrogates here, I will keep playing whack-a-mole. Good move, to ask them to stop stirring the crap, you can never get away from what you have done. :cool: NEVER !!!

Thanks for bringing up the difference between our manufacturing philosophy, ;) ..l.

Now quit the passive shit. :D

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom