Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The hide looks really nice and I think that buzz butter looks really nice....okay they both look really nice but.... I like the buttered bottom :D

Lo,

Purple-Days

1zl94s6.jpg

Elk on Figured Maple. This one is going to Elvis. :cool:

Mr.MistyTokes, serious, this brute didn't die of old age, it was a heart shot.
9qfq52.jpg

3 sides of Elk, should be a very nice alternative leather for the Pandora Kits. :)

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh that Elk looks awesome on that PD for Elvis ;) LOL!! Looks wonderful!

Lo,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
lo said:
Oh that Elk looks awesome on that PD for Elvis ;) LOL!! Looks wonderful!
yeah, that looks fantastic. tom, feel free to send one of those for pd order #3057. :lol:

SSS,

digglover

Is their any way to make the cords tougher?

Obviously this would be at the expense of flexibility, but I'm sick of having my cords ruined when I lend these out to friends (I'm gonna have to start with safety deposits :rolleyes:).

Is their some way I can make them as thick as a heavy duty extension cord or something?

digglover,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I prefer the buzz butter bottom, but the blue oil finish isn't bad at all. Actually would have looked good on that rad figured maple. For Elvis, it's good to be king.

Tom, what grit sand paper would you suggest for me to use to give a PD a little love? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

CoronaNoLime, thanks for choosing us, and welcome to the forum. :)

Malawigold, The kit is coming along... :) It is nearly finalized, now that we have the Elk hides, but more pictures and instructions need to be made, and another item or two need refining.

I want it right. I hate buying half baked crap,

:D

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Tom, that elvis unit is Gorgeous!

digglover...someone in this thread somewhere was buying some platic cover that I think you slip on the end of the plug and use a hairdryer to shrink/tighten. It was a while ago, so if someone else remembers better than I, feel free to correct.

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
:drool: That elk-bottom, figured maple unit does look beautiful! :drool:

Elvis is one lucky guy.

Progress,

flanman

stickstones said:
Tom, that elvis unit is Gorgeous!

digglover...someone in this thread somewhere was buying some platic cover that I think you slip on the end of the plug and use a hairdryer to shrink/tighten. It was a while ago, so if someone else remembers better than I, feel free to correct.
some shrink wrap? see that used a lot for pc's with wire management and what not

flanman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
no...it was some electrical tape type of shit that is designed to reinforce wart plugs...someone help me here, I'm an idiot today!

stickstones,

Purple-Days

A new tool in the shop. I have been wanting to make this for a while, makes stacking the heat exchangers quicker.
344xvo9.jpg

2djuvm9.jpg

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
stickstones said:
^^^
no...it was some electrical tape type of shit that is designed to reinforce wart plugs...someone help me here, I'm an idiot today!
just buy electric shrink wrap and put several layers over the end. As each layer is shrunk onto it, it will slowly become more and more thick and sturdy.

I dont like using electrical tape, because over time the glue loses its hold and everything become sticky.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Or..........don't do any reinforcement and just be careful. I've had my PD for about a year now, and have not had any issues with the plug.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah, learn what you gotta do too fix it if you have too, and don't do anything too the cord. have a double pack of M plugs hidden away in case a plug fails
i don't have problems with plugs, just causing the wire too fail... which is totally my fault. Such a crappy moment when you realize you just decapitated your power supply

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

i6a23c.jpg

A sneak peak at the kit. :cool:

Plus: All the usual PD experience stuff... Wall power, car cord, Muslin tote bag and waste tobacco bag, solid copper aroma cup, cleaning bottle and Buzz-Butter :buzz:

And the Instructional DVD, plenty of sandpaper, and a few aids for construction.

Still working on the instructions and some videos. Gonna shoot the heat exchanger assembly and tension later today while doing my regular work. Still need to see how the new laser Pandora logo works out. Still lots to do before it is ready for release.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom