Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

aero18

vaporist
Is there a sales tax added depending on where you live or where the item is bought?

I'm going to buy a Purple Days vape but am wondering whether or not sales tax is added to the cost of the product since it is made in Oregon.

aero18,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Love those no sales tax states :D

I wasn't charged tax for my orders sent to Florida.

Lo,

the electrician

For any and all owners out there; have you tried grinding your herbs extremely fine, pressing them and finally cutting them perhaps into small manageable discs to insert into the tube? I've got a feeling this could get you a nice response.

the electrician,

Purple-Days

First items ordered at Purple-Days.com have no sales tax. Oregon has no sales tax. Vapenow is in Vermont and may have other rules to follow.

Second, someone is suggesting power supplies (an including the PD in his suggestions) in another thread. He is giving no voltage or amperage facts or plug dimensions. Please refer to our FAQ for info on power supplies for the PD. If you have questions ask, don't assume a user of another product with (assumed, based on the lack of viable info) no expertise in electricity has any idea what he is talking about.

It's not a game, and using the wrong power supply can cause overheating of the power supply or the unit. If you don't know what you are doing, don't guess, and don't give advice.

Third, NO, compression and disks of herbal material make no sense at all. Surface area is the key to vapor production.

Purple-Days,

the electrician

Purple-Days said:
NO, compression and disks of herbal material make no sense at all. Surface area is the key to vapor production.
Yea, exactly what I've always thought and what any ounce of common sense dictates. But still experiments are showing otherwise. I guess it is in a sense similar to vaporizing very crude hash, not soapbar crude obviously...jesus. I destroyed some leaves and various off cuts with a makeshift pestle and mortar, pressed them and tried it out so not to waste any valuable goods. Even this produced thick returns.

...were my original thoughts. However, it is not true that just finely grinding the materials and packing them in tight will produce the greatest surface area, far from it. The alternative is to pack a little more loosely, this helps but it can be improved.

In a theoretical setting we would have a length of compressed crystals, forming a malleable ribbon that is for example 1 crystal deep, 10 wide and however long. Such a ribbon could be manipulated into the design of your choosing to maximize the surface area, the result would be a honeycomb structure.

This ribbon would be 1 crystal deep as i say, so clearly in the real world is impossible. But pressing, as you would in the first step to making hashish, will form a workable length of material, similar but much thicker than the ribbon I described.
What do you think?

Ignore it if you want, if you've got nothing better to do though there is no harm

the electrician,

Purple-Days

Now the congregation is joining in (over there) and says, "it could just burn the wires out of the inside of the vape and trash your supply".

You could start a fucking fire folks. But, that's OK your parents have insurance...

I said, it ain't a fuckin' game. Electricity never is!

A) If you don't have the knowledge, don't offer electrical advice (or incomplete advice)
B) Unless you are the manufacturer, or an electrical expert, what gives you the inside info to provide this sort of advice?

Please folks, listen to and follow the manufacturer's instructions and specs. And please take forum advice for what it is... :rolleyes: :2c:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
You could start a fucking fire folks. But, that's OK your parents have insurance...
Worse, if they start a fire from fucking with a vaporizer, think of all the smoke inhalation.

jeffp,

vape4health

I'm not giving advise , I'm experimenting and posting what happens . You do just like to start shit .

vape4health,

lwien

vape4health said:
I'm not giving advise , I'm experimenting and posting what happens . You do just like to start shit .
WTF? All Tom was doing is try to warn people that messing around with AC adapters could have catastrophic consequences, be it with his vape or any other vape.

lwien,

vape4health

Maybe he could do it without trashing me ? Or maybe not , I dont really know him . Seems like a low thing to do just to get a point acrossed . :rolleyes:

vape4health,

lwien

He wasn't trashing you. He was trashing what you said, and considering the possible consequences, it seems very justifiable to me.

lwien,

Purple-Days

What's the laugh for? I am saying, that giving electrical advice, is some serious shit. And you laugh? Suer, you can laugh, you hide behind an avatar and user-name and have no responsibility for the consequences of your advice... Yeah, big damn joke... :2c:

Purple-Days,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Quick question on the power supply, I thought I had lost my wall plug and now I think I have found it, but to make sure it is right before plugging it back in, what model number and company is the power supply from? And what are the input/output? Just want to make sure it is the right plug, curious enough, there are a few plugs around the house that fit my PD, don't want to use the wrong one.

The_Other_Shoe,

Purple-Days

Always a good idea to make sure.

All Purple-Days power supplies (for North American market) have been produced by ReliaPro for Jameco Electronics part #10081 and are UL listed.

I'll go out and get a box, give the exact info off a data plate.

Be right back :)

Purple-Days,

vape4health

When did I give advise other then telling some to make sure the volts aint too high .

If you have a need to get to know me better , you see that little thing to the left thats says E-mail .

The laugh is at you two getting into a tissy about me playing around with my vape , what gives guys . I didnt come onto your thread nor did I say anything about the PD , I was using a non OEM wall wart with a different vape and posted that it didnt work well , now you think I'm trying to burn someones house down , again I ask what gives guys . Maybe you need better meds ?

vape4health,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I did look up the part on the website, thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately, I am still missing my transformer. Might have to see where I could find a quick replacement, I asked my friend if he had seen it cause it was used at his house, possibly lost in transportation. Luckily the car adapter is still here or I would really be SOL.

EDIT: I can has power again, said friend found it :D!

The_Other_Shoe,

Purple-Days

Got side-tracked...

The label of an official Purple-Days wall power supply:

Jameco (r) ReliaPro (tm)

PLUG IN CLASS 2 TRANSFORMER

E135456 EGE

C (UL label) US LISTED ADAPTOR 6B88

MODEL NO : ACU120100
PRODUCT NO : 10081
INPUT :120VAC 60Hz 16.5W
Output :12VAC 1000mA

MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C.

+++

Vape4health, I notice you re-thought your post in that other thread, thank you, so lets stop.:peace:

+++

anyone who can't explain every abbreviation (the electrical ones) on that data plate (and how it relates to the appliance) should just stay out of the electrical advice business. :2c: not directed at you Vape4health, that one is for everybody. :cool:
+++

Further questions on Ohm's Law, and how, changing one variable, requires a reconsideration of the whole equation can participate here.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

:peace:

And the first post card is still winning...

Plenty of room for a better guess, but I think tomorrow is the last day to get in by Jan 4. We will check the PO at 4:30 PM Pacific. All others too late.

We are enjoying them all. Not many, but fun, your odds are good. After the contest, they will be stapled to the shop walls/ceiling for all visitors to see.

C'mon. Get your guess in. :whip:

p.s. We will do another contest, someday. It's great fun.

Purple-Days,

lord

Tom,

Have you thought of making a wooden-tool for packing a PD stem? Right now I am using the flat-end of a dentist pick...

lord,
Top Bottom