Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You should email or call the Purple-Days team. ;)

edit/

PD's are for sale, and Billy-Bowls are sold out till Feb, according to the site.

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
heres what I use to fill up the chamber on my 'herbo' ;pd;...the hits are HUGE! I get pretty close to finishing a bowl off in one huff :tup:
fkfkfdkdf.jpg

Simply insert the a loaded pd stem into the larger of the tubing up there...and your ready to go..i love to watch it cream up

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

cannabananabis

Mine should be shipped out today, so I'll hopefully have it within the next couple days. I'm gonna take a little smoking break for those days until it comes (after today) just to make sure I get the full experience right off the bat, but I'm very excited to start vaping.

cannabananabis,

SHED7

holy shit last night i was taking hits off my pd in my dorm room and my god the hits were crazy it felt like i could hit it forever and shit i loved it now i wanna make a bong that it can hook up to

anyone put the buzzbutter on their vape yet?
wat kinds of armateapy shit can go in the copper bowl

SHED7,

vibes1952

SHED7 said:
holy shit last night i was taking hits off my pd in my dorm room and my god the hits were crazy it felt like i could hit it forever and shit i loved it now i wanna make a bong that it can hook up to

Just wondering how much THC is left after 2-3 hits? :o

Is it just humidity vapor we are exhaling after some point? :/

vibes1952,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
vibes1952 said:
SHED7 said:

Just wondering how much THC is left after 2-3 hits? :o

Is it just humidity vapor we are exhaling after some point? :/
all the water in your herb gets vaporized first, as it has a lower boiling point than cannabinoids

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
SHED7 said:
We've got some long time PD owners here (up to about 8 months anyway), and quite a few units have had many applications I imagine. Mine gets a coat at least twice a month and my sample tin still seems almost full.

Incense, fragrance oils, and essential oils are all good aromatherapy selections. I wouldn't recommend any kind of shit though, unless you have a weird idea of what smells good. :lol:

vibes1952 said:
Just wondering how much THC is left after 2-3 hits?
That depends on how much is loaded. It can vary a bit according to consistency, potency, etc. When I top a bowl off with some kief it always increases the # of hits. It also greatly depends on the size of your hits.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
Precisely.

I'll say it again (maybe I should edit it in my video), bone dry, finely ground, high quality herbs will produce vapor for a much longer period of time. :lol: Seriously. this thing deceives even me! I'll think a bowl is cashed, then try it once more and billow out a huge cloud.

Patience in developing your technique is key too.

SpiralArchitect,

eLiguL

Hey Tom,

Would your friend who makes the Billy bowl's be able to make a custom one with a holder? I was thinking, it would be exactly like a regular billy bowl except in height, slightly taller with 3 holes drilled through it to accept the stems. A picture is worth a thousand words so heres my best attempt:

Do you think he would be up for something like this?

eLiguL,

spikyvape

Hi,

i have a PD and really like it !

Only tonight i experienced something strange, i wass to wasted and i put the wrong PD bowl on my PD,
this one wass empty. Whenn i hit it i had a strange metal taste. More a solder metal taste.

Do you guys have the same ? try hitting your PD without herbs in it.

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
No metal taste here. Not sure I'd know what metal solder tasted like though. :lol:

pv posted about some tests he did.

I have also done some tests lately which basically involve setting up either the PD or the SSV like I was about to use them, then using them as I normally would but without anything in the bowl. The point was to determine if there was any ambient taste, which would of course be blending with the taste of the vaporized herb. Results? PD = nothing but air...
Nice to see you around again, spikyvape. Did you ever end up finding a vape you could consider safe? You should check out the VHW if you haven't already. Afaik it's a 100% glass airpath including the heater.

:tinfoil: :p :D :cheers:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
sethhobrin said:
Guys there are a lot of posts in this thread saying that after 1 or 2 hits the bowl is toast. Whats the deal? The guy on this vid seems to nurse this thing forever.? Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsA8mOF-dQA
I don't know numbers-we didn't do a poll, but there are also a lot of posts in this thread saying you can get more than that, up to 6,8, 10. There are variables and they've been mentioned, including the fact that how much the bowl contains can vary quite a bit (like 100%, easily), and topping the bowl off with kief can stretch the bowl. And then there's my favorite response when the subject of 'how many hits' comes up-How big is a hit? Trying to get an accurate hit count, that applies to everyone and every situation, is impossible, even with the tiny PD bowl. There are too many variables.

spikyvape said:
Whenn i hit it i had a strange metal taste. More a solder metal taste.
Do you guys have the same ? try hitting your PD without herbs in it.
No solder metal taste in mine. Hopefully you can also taste the RoHS compliance. ;)

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
max does make a good point, one I often forget, in that video, the hits I am taking are relatively small, in rapid succession. That is just my preferred method.

If you watch vaporclouds video he gets about 5-6 gigantic hits off it, showing that their really are so many variables involved (herb, lighting, technique, temperature in room even, etc.) it's hard to give a 'general rule of thumb'. Any user here can tell you that the vape works great and will always delivery tasty vapor at a level of efficiency unmatched by any other vaporizer.

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

3% Silver , 97% Tin... that's the solder we use. No rosin, no flux, no lead, all parts RoHS compliant including the bare tinned copper hook-up wire, all heat exchanger parts and vapor tube tips and screens are stainless steel same as your dining utensils. Two small plated spring steel clips are the last item in the air path before the polyproplylene vapor tube (#5 food grade high temp plastic with no bisphenels*). Just in case anybody still wonders.

Purple-Days,

alucard

I have a few questions relating to the vapor tube. Is the tube created using Polyethylene or Polypropylene? Also, what's the highest temperature that the plastic used to create the tube can reach safely? If anyone could link me to something discussing Polyethylene/Polypropylene's safety at high temperatures that'd be awesome.

alucard,

max

Out to lunch
alucard said:
I have a few questions relating to the vapor tube. Is the tube created using Polyethylene or Polypropylene? Also, what's the highest temperature that the plastic used to create the tube can reach safely? If anyone could link me to something discussing Polyethylene/Polypropylene's safety at high temperatures that'd be awesome.
Tom posted the material info in the post directly before yours.

max,

alucard

max said:
Tom posted the material info in the post directly before yours.
His post didn't answer one of my questions and was actually the source for another.

"polyproplylene vapor tube (#5 food grade high temp plastic with no bisphenels*)."

He referred to polypropylene when previously I had seen him discuss polyethylene. I was asking because it is hard to do research when I'm not sure which one I should be researching. I also asked about the maximum safe temperature for the plastics used. What I'm really looking for something that I can read for a while to put my mind at ease in regards to using a plastic in a hot air path.

I can see how it'd look like his post answers mine though :p. That would piss me off if I were an admin/mod and someone did that.

alucard,

max

Out to lunch
He referred to polypropylene when previously I had seen him discuss polyethylene.
He's only discussed polyethylene to say he doesn't use it. He's said multiple times that the rod stock is polypropylene. #5PP is listed in the 1st post of the thread.

I can see how it'd look like his post answers mine though . That would piss me off if I were an admin/mod and someone did that.
It did answer the material question, and it didn't piss me off in the slightest. Nor was it a 'mod' post, just stating the obvious. Asking for clarification about the two 'polys' would've been a better question, yes?

max,
Top Bottom