Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

djonkoman

I decided to connect a bunch of electronics
my laptop connected to:
-a monitor, for bigger screen
-my external hard drive, wich contains my tv and movie collection(and music)
-my stereo, for better sound(not in the pic but you can see the wire going to the stereo

and hooked up to the powerplug in 2 ways, one for suplying the laptop with power the other for internet(I have such a thing that routes the internet trough the elektrcity network in your home, really convenient)

I love it when a plan comes together
afb0425.jpg

djonkoman,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
Q tips(cotton swabs) do the job more then fine.

Yup, Q-tips or a chop stick has worked for me. Just make sure you put the stem in bowl end first like the pics Stu posted up. Nice tip on the paper clip though.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Nycdeisel said:
Q tips(cotton swabs) do the job more then fine.

Yup, Q-tips or a chop stick has worked for me. Just make sure you put the stem in bowl end first like the pics Stu posted up. Nice tip on the paper clip though.

bamboo skewers work well also. an observing friend suggested a hemostat - not sure if that's a great idea but it might be.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Those all work fine.

Always bowl faces down since its the dirtiest part and my bottle is not filled up all the way. plus it would be a pain to get it out the other way ;)

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If you have a second purple bottle you can pour the alcohol into the second bottle and just drop out the stem with no hassle and just go back and forth.

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
Love the shop pics, the womb in which all our PD's are formed.

More beautiful than childbirth!

2qdtnxx.jpg

Milk,

Aqua

Getting a late start to the contest. Recently lost my nice camera's SD card, so I'm limited to webcam shots at the moment.

Photoon2011-08-26at0224.jpg

Aqua,
Limited to the web-cam but you are making it count! Welcome to the board Aqua

Here is a collection of comics I love reading before bed, it tells the story of Wesley Dodds the original Sandman.

Enigmatic_Entropy,

Nycdeisel

is that one of the fiddleback maple grippers? That one looks great! very classy looking
enjoy it!

Nycdeisel,

Aqua

Just remembered that I can submit photos without a Purple Days in the frame. Now it's time for some real photography... :cool:

HUMMINGBIRD2.jpg

Aqua,

djonkoman

today's pic, made it a few days ago when on my bike to the city, only had my cellphone with me tough so the quality is so-so
this is a nature reservate close to my home, the big thing at the horizon is a windmill btw(the old monumental one) this is a polder, a piece of land below sealevel that was once a lake but was dammed and pumped empty, so this windmill was/is probably used as waterpump(polders are quite common here in the netherlands, ever wondered why our biggest airport is called schiphol while schip means ship? that's because that was also once part of a lake, one of the biggest so latest to be pumped dry)
316lno0.jpg

djonkoman,

Aqua

djonkoman, that looks like a gorgeous sunset! I also live near a nature preserve, and I find that taking a walk at sunset is the perfect way to unwind after a stressful day.

Aqua,

djonkoman

unfortunatly most of this nature reserve isn't really a place for walking, especially between april-may or so until july-agust, since the entire area is offlimits during birdbreeeding season(it's a breeding area for waders, like the lapwing)
in the winter it's pretty busy, since they flood part of it and since it's very shallow water it's one of the first spots in the province, and probably also the country, where there's enough ice for iceskating, so people from all over the country come there to skate
and there also aren't that much paths, most is just lands where they graze animals(sheep and horses) to keeo the reserve intact
I found a map of the area(the blue dot is where the pic is taken, not exactly tough, but somewhere around there) the dotted lines are walking paths, the website says the breeding season is from april the 1st untill the 15th of june
(the village I live in is not on the map, it's to the right at rthe height of the yellow dotted walkingpath, leeuwarden is the closest city and capital of the province)
that cross with 'ypeymole' is the windmill in the pic (wonder if it's a typo, mole is dutch for mill, and in frisian it's mne, ypey is the name of an old noble family that used to own a lot of land around here)
weird mix of frisian and dutch on this map btw, here in friesland every place has 2 names, a dutch one and a frisian one, on this map they use the dutch name for some places and the frisian for others
10elwye.jpg

there are some other better smokingspots btw, there's another nature reserve on the other side of the village I live, and there's a look-out hill with a place to sit with a great view, the landscape looks almost 2-dimentional there, very weird/special, also great for tripping
and there are some other spots that aren't in nature reserves but do have a nice view

djonkoman,
Top Bottom